Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Monster Fortress 2: The Rise of the Mooks

+4
Monjaro
Loki
cocoaSmiles
BurdenKing
8 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Monster Fortress 2: The Rise of the Mooks - Page 3 Empty Re: Monster Fortress 2: The Rise of the Mooks

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:55 pm

After storing the potion and coins, it curiously DUBSTEPS beside the larger, sweet looking goblin as she buries the remains of his fallen kin. Birthed from the same blob, and all.. Though, he knew for sure, "This won't be their end. I can feel it in my membrane! This will be their start! A new beginning! For all of us!"

Back to top Go down

Monster Fortress 2: The Rise of the Mooks - Page 3 Empty Re: Monster Fortress 2: The Rise of the Mooks

Post by Monjaro Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:46 pm

The slime continued to mutter out sounds as he began to learn how to speak verbally.
"m, q, u, qu, t, y, p, s, d, f, g, h, j, k, l, z, x, v, b, n." 'okay, now thish is getting borring." thought the slime as he began to mosy off but not too far from the group. he wanted to pick up some of the local plant life to see if he could do something with it as well as find some water.
Monjaro
Monjaro
Scampermaster

Virgo Posts : 514
Boondollars : 20018

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:34 am

The searching slime was able to find some low level plants, things largely picked by adventurers to complete a quest likely.

[DEV gathers 10x Savvo Flowers]

sadly the slime finds no real source of water

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the burial complete, the goblin and Slime now were faced with the daunting task of figuring out their next course of action. Two of their group had wondered off in the direction the hero came from, and the last one was picking flowers nearby.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Wisp and Imp could see the lake up ahead, it having been hidden by the hill they had walked over. It was rather pristine, with oddly enough no clear source for the water. Either the game devs didn't know how water worked or there was something else going on.

In either case, the water's edge had plenty of other monsters it appeared, all of them drinking from the lake and seeming to simply wait for player to come and farm them. None of them could even begin to imagine a monster killing a hero, with the curse of being tutorial monsters over their head.
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Boondollars : 20681

Back to top Go down

Post by Monjaro Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:16 pm

The slime looked at the flowers he collected and decided to absorb them into his body to find out the effects of the flowers. hopefully, they had healing properties but if it was poison then he could use it for other. since it appeared that water sources were somewhat rare the slime thought about finding a subsitute for it. he tried looking around for tree sap, maybe he could use that as well in the creation of a concoction with the savvo flowers.
Monjaro
Monjaro
Scampermaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cocoaSmiles Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:02 am

Rita followed after the one group, wanting to see what the hero had been tossing out as well.
cocoaSmiles
cocoaSmiles
Head Admin

Taurus Posts : 499
Boondollars : 21746
My Pet : Red Dragon Hatchling

http://mspfanventures.com/?s=8032

Back to top Go down

Post by Thebluemage Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:01 pm

The Wisp simply flew forward and placed their coins into the lake at a spot where there were not many monsters around. He had never done anything like this before, and felt like it deserved some kind of ritual, so he began say some simple words to maybe make the Sleeping Queen notice him?

"Good morning, my Queen, I do hope you're having a nice nap. I realized that perhaps you haven't collected taxes in a good long time so I felt it prudent to offer up something to perhaps ease the burden? We miss you, Queen, please come back soon!"
Thebluemage
Thebluemage
Nipper Cadet

Taurus Posts : 189
Boondollars : 15940

Back to top Go down

Post by DistantRed Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:16 pm

The Imp just stays perching atop a tree watching the wisp place down his coins and listened to the wisp speak his little spiel. He kept thinking of a way to somehow disturb the whole thing but couldn't quite think of something to do. How boring... He continued planning either way atop his tree-perch.
DistantRed
DistantRed
Ectobiolobabysitter

Scorpio Posts : 725
Boondollars : 18862

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:29 pm

As the group went along the path the hero had come from, they simply found a rather large quantity of monster drops and items. Among these items was a small knife, likely dropped by a goblin in some other area. It was rather small, but light enough to be wielded and still held its edge despite seeming to be of poor quality.

~~~~~

As the wisp went about their little ritual, some other monsters had gathered to watch, and all of them looked visibly confused as to what the wisp was doing.

~~~~~

The slime was able to find a small amount of Sap coming from a tree near where they had killed the hero from before.
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monjaro Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:23 pm

Finding the tree sap, the slime began to crawl up the stump. Sucking up all the sap they could into their body to begin experimenting on concoctions. by the gods the slime had hoped for something to come from all this work.
Monjaro
Monjaro
Scampermaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cocoaSmiles Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:35 pm

Thea looked towards the water, smiling bright seeing her Gob brethren. She rushed over to show off her back and excitement in her eyes. She wanted to show off her new weapon! "Guys! GUYS!!" She flailed her arms in the air as she raced towards them. Realizing she was going far too fast and dug her heels into the ground, almost ending up in the water.
cocoaSmiles
cocoaSmiles
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by benignTenacity Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:01 pm

Loading . . . :
Information:

With a quick burst of some odd light, Dart appears within the tutorial area. This was the same as all monsters whom fall in battle, him with a bit of an odd pose, seeming like he was blocking some kind of attack or damage. This pose, slowly begins to become undone as he realized he had died and been re-spawn. He didn't really realize until he felt himself weaker, and saw the new location he was in. The familiar location he was in.

"Shoot, and I was doing so well for myself.." The Imp sighed to himself. It wasn't often he lived more than a few days, hes gotten lucky before and this past time was no different, albeit nothing note worthy. Unless you count hiding and sneaking around in the shadows for a while note worthy anyways.

The Imp looked around, seeing a few characters going about their business, one of which was a Goblin with.. odd looking markings? Wielding some kind of sword? This girl looked super interesting, so he walked on over, unintentionally not making a sound while approaching until he was almost right next to her. "Heya hey, how's it going?" he said, his voice being the first indication she had he was even there, ending his approach as he got near, but not right next to her. He knew all to well not to go near a stronger seeming monster without confirming if they were nice or just plain mean.

Last edited by benignTenacity on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:10 am; edited 3 times in total
benignTenacity
benignTenacity
Champ-Fry

Scorpio Posts : 136
Boondollars : 14771

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:52 pm

A couple Goblins and other monsters turned to watch Rita, a few standing and running towards the odd goblin girl. "By Roule's throne Rita, where the hell did you get that sword?" Said a rather large green-gray goblin.

Harn had been around for awhile, and had sort of acted as a leader for the local goblin population. Sadly, he and the others had taken to avoiding Rita recently, to avoid the heroes seeking her out. Harn however, had said it was not because of Rita they avoided her.

"Did a hero drop that or something?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Slime felt an odd warmth as he absorbed the sap, and then felt it was a bit harder to start moving. The sap had made him a bit stickier, but nothing to bad or that did much affect.
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cocoaSmiles Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:04 am

"No, I killed em!! I mean, I had a little help from a slime who had him pinned but I stabbed em with it, it's mine! " She smiled bright letting it sink in... "It's mine" She laughed slightly, well dang she had a sword! A SWORD IT WAS HER OWN AND SHE KILLED A HERO WITH IT....She..killed a hero.

"By Roule's throne, i killed a Hero" She was almost surprised, also impressed with herself...
She turned quick to put a face to the new voice, "It is going well. Killed a Hero" She looked between the Imp and Harn.
cocoaSmiles
cocoaSmiles
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by benignTenacity Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:10 am

"Heh, quite an accomplishment. Good riddance I say, these guys are such a handful. I wish more of these guys would 'kick the bucket' as the saying goes." He said, happy for her. Dart, on the other hand wish he would've been there to see the dastard suffer. Oh well, late re-spawn's a pain. Putting a hand on his hip and giving her a smirky smile, he asks her "So what're you gonna do now? Not often a monster kills a hero, let alone gets to wield the blade he carried. I'd say that's a big opportunity." Looking at the blade and then looking at her fellow Goblins, he wondered if she was the leader, or would be made into one.

While listening for an answer he surveyed the general area, seeing if anything note worthy was around, like some flint or perhaps something usable as his own weapon. If this lady DID just kill a hero, he might be running back here in a fit of rage to get revenge, or even worse, him AND his friends.
benignTenacity
benignTenacity
Champ-Fry

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:44 am

Harn's eyes widened, as shock seemed to keep him quite for a short time. The other goblins arrived, and looked a little skeptical at Rita's claim, until Harn let out a chuckle. "Wow, to think little Rita could do what no monster has been able to do since the update came out." Harn came up and patted Rita on the shoulder with a big smile "Welp, judging from your sword, I'd say you're likely one of the strongest goblins here."

The other goblins, once Harn had voiced opinion, were all smiles as they gathered around Rita and voiced their congratulations. Harn backed up to allow Rita to revel in the adulation, looking to the small blue Imp "Did you help Rita out with slaying the hero?" he asked, walking over to inspect the Imp. Harn as a goblin was taller than a normal Imp, but Harn was about a foot taller than most goblins, making him tower at near triple the height of Dart.
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by benignTenacity Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:02 pm

"Hm? Nah, I just got murdered and respawned." He said looking back at the massive Goblin named Harn, abandoning his active search of the area for an item with his eyes. As he turn to Harn, Darts expression seemed rather chill as he began analyzing him. Man, this guys pretty tall. Whats up with that? He said looking over at the others, he was used to being short but wow, what a tall dude, seeming to be one of the tallest Goblins in the general area.
'Hey Benign, can I be a part of this one too?' No Dorothy, go back to CS. 'Fiiine.'
Giving his same friendly smile he gave to Rita to Harn he followed up his claim by saying "Man, if I'd have known that was gonna go down I woulda died sooner than I did, heh. Seeing the gang-up, heck maybe even being part of it, woulda made my day."
benignTenacity
benignTenacity
Champ-Fry

Back to top Go down

Post by cocoaSmiles Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:41 am

Rita's eyes sparkled in admiration of the other. He praised her, before she wasn't supposed to go near the others, because of her exotic nature and how it attacked enemies. He patted her shoulder and she squeaked in joy, she was so happy! Happiest she had ever been in a long.. well not long time for the update wasn't that long ago, but you get the point.

Rita happily looked around as the others gathered, she had not experienced something like this. The question struck tho. "What are you going to do now?" and it was a good question .. she had to think about it as she looked around at her brethren. "I want to protect us.. I want.. I want to go home and show Papa Roule!" She piped up, wide eyes sparkling in excitement. She was so proud and over whelmed with excitement.
cocoaSmiles
cocoaSmiles
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:25 pm

Harn looked to Rita "You wanna head north? Rita, I know you're excited about your victory, but we're in a level 1 to 5 zone. Directly north of us is a level 10 to 20 zone." He said, his voice now more concerned and worried "I know you feel proud, but try to enjoy it while you can, before your next re-spawn." Harn said, sounding a bit defeated.

Another goblin spoke up, this one another female who had a pair of glowing cool blue eyes "But Harn, she has gained a level and a weapon. Maybe we can get more powerful and finally beat those heroes!" She said excited, earning more goblins sounds of agreement.

Harn growled "And then what Yul? Keep getting stronger? On weak heroes who can't level us anymore? Or on the powerful player who'll come to wipe us all out when they hear about a monster event?" Harn said, his eyes now showing just how beaten he was inside. Harn had spent the month fighting hard, and had almost reached level five one time. He had tried to defend the other goblins, but was struck down when some level 20 heroes came on rumors of a new miniboss monster.

Harn had tried to gain strength again after, but never could. He looked to Yul, the female having been shielded from the worst by Harn along with most of the other goblins "The heroes will win no matter what...the best thing to do is try to enjoy what life we can between our deaths..." He said, his passion having fallen flat.

Other monsters had heard Harn's words, and seemed to visibly grow dispondant, many simply staring into the water or sky as they seemed to try and accept their fate.

Harn looked to Dart "You get your chance to see, we all do. Savor it when it happens, because that's as far as we'll ever get."
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cocoaSmiles Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:44 pm

Rita's ear's dropped as she watched the exchange. He wasn't serious, was he?? He was, as she watched him snap at Yul, she didn't deserve that. not at all. She snarled at him, mad, angry, "I am not going to respawn! I am going to get stronger! Y-your just doing it wrong!!" She stomped a foot to punctuate her point.

tho her eyes widened as she cowered slightly, she didn't mean to snap, she didn't want big brother to be angry with her. But this wasn't fair. He couldn't keep them here like this, having them fear the hero's. He babied everyone, but her. She was left to fight her own battles! But she also had to stand her ground.. no matter how hard it was.

"Hero's don't always win, and I have the sword to prove it.." She spoke calmly as she locked eyes with big brother Harn.
cocoaSmiles
cocoaSmiles
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by benignTenacity Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:29 pm

Dart stares carefully at Harn go on about the humans and the pointlessness of it all, and before he knew what to say he stared at Rita when she went on about the same thing. He sighed at this exchange, and proceeded to say "You're both looking at this situation the wrong way. Let me tell you something, if theres one thing I know its never a good thing to let your position cloud your vision." He said looking at Harn in his eyes. "Theres always a way if theres a will, and we can make that way a reality. Just why do you think we have the same creative thought these humans do? You think its so we can just get all worked up and cry about it? No. We've been given the choice to forge our own paths.." Dart seemed very serious about this, as if either this subject is a sore one to him or he couldn't stand to see these two fight.

Looking at Rita he continued. "And you, Rita was it? If you go out there trying to "prove" something you WILL die, and you WILL lose what little you've accomplished. Is that what you want your Papa to hear about? You dying trying fruitlessly to prove something with no foresight at all? He asked her, not giving her a moment to defend herself before going on "No, what we all need in this place is strategy, smarts, and tactics. Strengths great and now that you guys have her? You can use that, you can make a movement, but you have to be smart about it and not let word spread out, it WILL attract higher level heroes. But you know what we do then? We hit them where it hurts. Rob them blind from the shadows, set traps, and not let our numbers dwindle. I've always wanted to see us as "monsters" do something and all I've seen from a lot of us is just some swung claws, a few thrown rocks, and a lot, no, TONS of death." he said, needing air. His hand trembled, maybe because he was scared or lacked air from his exclaims. "We can do this but only if we do it smart you know? I've seen so many heroes think the same way you think about us. They see us as something that cannot rise. And they are wrong." He said, his last spiel at Harn to drive his point home.

'Blegh I hate giving motivational speeches, they always tire me out..' He thought to himself as he awaited their responses, for a little guy Dart really knew how to speak from his heart.

Last edited by benignTenacity on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
benignTenacity
benignTenacity
Champ-Fry

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:47 pm

Yul and the other goblins were caught off guard by Rita's outburst, having not expected the once outcast of their little clan-slash-group to be so openly outspoken against Harn. None of them ever went against Harn, but now Rita was doing just that with proof of her side.

However, it was Dart who managed to catch their attention as he spoke. Harn listened and at first seemed to grow in rage, boiling anger filling his eyes before dying down as the Imp continued his speech. He growled a bit, looking to both Dart and Rita "And what do you suggest we do then abyss spawn? We have only our claws and Rita's sword to our name. We have no weapons, armor, or even any materials to make anything. Our crafting skills are useless with only monster parts we scavenge from what the heroes drop." Harn said, soundly less sure but none the less adamant.

"I would love nothing more than to do what you suggest, to beat the heroes. But all I have is my strength, and I've failed with it. Yul's magic can't damage or heal, only make someone Dizzy. And Rita may have a sword, but it's slow in her hands compared to the hero she grabbed it from." He turned to Dart "and you, what do you have? What can you bring that'll let us do more than what we've been placed here to do?"

Last edited by BurdenKing on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cocoaSmiles Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:59 pm

"We will.. we will dominate the spawn, take it over completely! A-and we will go from there, we can.. we can find a way. Just because you failed doesn't mean you need to stop trying! I have run away for far to long! I'm done running." She straightened herself looking around at their small clan/group. She wanted to do right by them, and stop being their problem..

"I may not be tall, or super smart, but if you let me i will do the impossible Harn.. Please" She begged as if she needed to ask permission, but she felt she needed everyone suport..even his. Especially his! She wanted to do this. She knew that they had left her alone, because she caused problems.. but maybe this could help, she could get strong and help finally. Just a little.
cocoaSmiles
cocoaSmiles
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by benignTenacity Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:33 pm

He allowed Rita to get her word in, looking behind Harn and the others seeing.. a shine of metal..? Then movement.. They were being spied on.

"Well, other than the obvious motivation that a lot of monsters lack, I've got a very keen eye for ambush, and that guys been staring at your Rita friend for about 20 seconds now." Dart said pointing at a tree about 7 trees behind Harn, a rather far away distance and for such a hidden hero to be spotted by his eyes meant his vision was no slouch. "You guys might wanna brace for battle, hes a newbie but he still can cause us a big problem if we take him lightly." He said as he looked amongst the ground once more without letting the hero leave the corner of his eyes, he was hoping to find something to fight with or defend himself with so he didn't have to just hide or something until the fight was over.
benignTenacity
benignTenacity
Champ-Fry

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:16 am

The hero seemed to be an elf, a ranger to be exact. Ranger's were the hunters of the heroic society, sporting ranged weapons and setting traps as they scouted enemy positions, they were the eyes and ears of parties. This one was one of the elves, a naturally magical race that were commonly rangers and were rarely played as males.

In either case, the ranger seemed to freeze as not only Harn and his Goblin crew turned to look towards them, a majority of the near by monsters began to look as well. In an instant, the ranger retreated, likely to gather a party.

Many monsters immediately began to sprint off from the lake, seeking safety, Harn standing tall "Alright people you know the drill, that hunter's probably marked all of us with how long they were there. So we're gonna stay and try and make them work for their exp." He said, cracking his neck as the goblins prepared.

Yul's hands began to glow, and other goblins bared the fists and teeth. Joining them were two slimes, a fairy, and two more Imps. They were ready to stand their ground for the coming attack. They may die, but with respawn a guarantee, they felt a desire to ensure the heroes received a scar for the attack.
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cocoaSmiles Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:44 pm

Rita's ears twitched slightly as the elf ran off. "Make them work for their exp? How about not give them any!" She smirked, ears darting up high, she was going to help protect them, she had to. She always drew too much attention to her so this was a chance to redeem herself.

"Come one, we can do this, get ready to rip some armor up, and take some limbs off!" She threw a fist into the air, hyping herself up as much as everyone else she hoped. They were not just tutorial monsters, they would be feared. Rita drew her sword, grabbing at its handle with both hands, standing ready, "Lets do this.
cocoaSmiles
cocoaSmiles
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next