Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

==> Prospit Dreamers: Wake Up. (OPEN)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

==> Prospit Dreamers: Wake Up. (OPEN) Empty ==> Prospit Dreamers: Wake Up. (OPEN)

Post by brokenEcho Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:06 pm

A young man stood outside of one of the towers on Prospit, floating high above the golden city. He was still dumbfounded by how waking up on such a place so different from what he was used to and so incredibly fantastic would seem like an excerpt from a sort of fairytale.

--FIVE MINUTES EARLIER--

He had woken up not too long ago in a brightly-colored room with books scattered all over the floor and not a single bookshelf in sight. Upon opening a few of the books, it was made incredibly clear that they were written in some language he couldn't understand. He decided that he would captchalogue them and later perhaps ask someone else if they understood the language. There also seemed to be a lack of a bird cage, or even a bird for that matter. That was probably a good thing, considering the fact that he had no clue how a bird would've survived in there for so long without food or water.

--AND BACK TO NOW--

"What even is this place?" Alek muttered to himself, slowly and gently floating down to the ground below. He began to wander around, examining his surroundings and hoping to find some sort of answer. Or at least someone who would provide some sort of answer to his questions.
brokenEcho
brokenEcho
Bravesprout

Scorpio Posts : 206
Boondollars : 19239

Back to top Go down

==> Prospit Dreamers: Wake Up. (OPEN) Empty Re: ==> Prospit Dreamers: Wake Up. (OPEN)

Post by sleeplessCartoonist Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:55 pm

A young girl awakes in her bedroom. Or, rather, not her bedroom; this is different. Everything is a varying tone of salmon, some old movie posters are missing, but most of all, the view is different. She's been there before, seeing this world through small, blurred glimpses of half-consciousness. She climbed out of bed, pausing to admire the yellow pajamas, and approached the window, peering outside. It seemed she was at the top of a tower, gazing down at a marvelous golden city.

Iris wanted to touch it. She reached out, her eyes wide, before pausing. Jumping was the fastest way down, and while she would normally refrain from making such a move, doing so felt okay to her. So she climbed up onto the windowsill and let herself fall. As she rapidly approached the ground, she began to slow down, soon merely floating down, her slippers touching the gold-paved roads after a moment.

Though it was beautiful, something felt... wrong. Perhaps she wasn't meant to be here, this specific version of this place. Perhaps there was someone else who wasn't supposed to be here? She shook her head, glancing around. It's probably fine. Though, she would like to figure out just where she was.
So, she began to walk, keeping an eye out for any locals.
sleeplessCartoonist
sleeplessCartoonist
Rungjumpin' Ragamuffin

Scorpio Posts : 655
Boondollars : 20603

Back to top Go down

==> Prospit Dreamers: Wake Up. (OPEN) Empty Re: ==> Prospit Dreamers: Wake Up. (OPEN)

Post by brokenEcho Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:52 pm

Alek continued to travel around in this gold encrusted wonderland. He could find no signs of where he was exactly. He didn't think he was still on Earth. At least, if there was a place like this on Earth, he had never heard of it. After a while of searching, he eventually saw Iris and he wondered if she was just as confused as he was. "Hello Ma'am." He said, walking up to her. "I was wondering if you perhaps knew where we were. I honestly haven't got even the slightest clue."
After a moment to think over what he just did, he began to feel like he was being a little bit rude by not properly introducing himself first. "Oh right.. Uh.. How rude of me to forget to tell you who I am first.." He offered a handshake, continuing to speak. "My name is Alek Harper. Perhaps I could have the pleasure of knowing your name, ma'am?"
brokenEcho
brokenEcho
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeplessCartoonist Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:51 pm

She smiled, shaking his hand. "Iris Trainor. I don't know where we are; I was about to ask you the same thing!" the girl paused, glancing around. "And though this place is like a warm, sunny, golden wonderland... I think something's very wrong. Do you feel it, too, or is it just me?" she frowned, shifting.
"Also, I think I can fly. Can you? I just jumped out a window and didn't die, so I'm assuming I can fly."
sleeplessCartoonist
sleeplessCartoonist
Rungjumpin' Ragamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by brokenEcho Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:21 pm

"Something wrong..?" He went silent, thinking for a moment. "Well, this place does seem a bit too good to be true. However, I don't really share the same feeling that something bad will happen..." He trailed off, silent again before she had brought up the next question.
"Considering I tripped and could've easily fallen to my demise, but I didn't fall very far at all before I managed to, well, catch myself.. Yes, I do think I can fly. Though, the first and only time I've flown was by a sort of instinct. I'm not sure if I could do it again otherwise.." He started to, rather unsteadily, float in the air. He was just barely off the ground.
He somehow managed to lose his balance while in the air and he flipped over. Alek was now just floating upside-down, blushing out of embarrassment. "Um... Ma'am, could I please have some assistance..?"
brokenEcho
brokenEcho
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeplessCartoonist Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:45 pm

She nodded, helping him right-side up, when something caught her attention, and she immediately let go of him, flying away in a near-blur.
"Abel!" she clung on to a young man, who was floating in mid-air. "I didn't think you'd be here! Oh, this feels... right. You being here. I mean. With me. I mean, in this location. Because... uh."
The young man raised an eyebrow, staring down at the girl. "I've been floating around for a while now."
"You know how to fly?"
"Yeah." he shrugged, tilting his head. "I've been here before, in dreams. Which makes me think, this is probably a dream itself. Hence the big blue ball thing above us, the chess-people, the golden city and the fact that we're flying."
She glanced down, nodding.
"Who's that?" he eyed Alek, frowning slightly.
sleeplessCartoonist
sleeplessCartoonist
Rungjumpin' Ragamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by brokenEcho Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:09 pm

After a short while, Alek managed to get used to this whole flying thing, and he flew over to the other two humans. He put out his hand for a handshake, hoping Abel wouldn't take his sudden gesture as any sign of a threat. He was a bit of a stranger to the other two people there. "I'm Alek Harper. Mind if I ask what your name is, sir?"
brokenEcho
brokenEcho
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeplessCartoonist Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:27 pm

"Abel." he hesitantly shook Alek's hand.
"Oh! D'you know where we are?" Iris asked him, frowning.
"Prospit." Abel replied.
She nodded, staring at him. "Okay... anything else?"
"Not too much. I just know that this place is called Prospit, and that big blue ball is Skaia. The people around here are pretty nice, I'm sure they'll lapse into some exposition if you pry."
sleeplessCartoonist
sleeplessCartoonist
Rungjumpin' Ragamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by brokenEcho Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:57 pm

"So, Abel, how long have you been around here on.. Prospit?" He knew he would have to remember that name. At least he wasn't forgetful when it came to words, names, places, etcetera. He remembered that he had another question to ask, about the books, but he'd refrain from asking until he felt that the time was right.
brokenEcho
brokenEcho
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeplessCartoonist Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:18 pm

"I first woke up about a year ago. The dreams are... interesting, to say the least." he shrugged, glancing around. "For example, the second time I woke up on Prospit, there were clouds outside, with images in them. The future, or something. But I didn't really pay much attention."
"You had clouds telling you the future and you didn't pay attention?" Iris frowned.
"No."
sleeplessCartoonist
sleeplessCartoonist
Rungjumpin' Ragamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by brokenEcho Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:42 pm

"Well, it could be a good thing not to pay attention to those fortune-telling clouds, or whatever you may call them. Life would be a bit less of a surprise if you did pay attention to them." He paused for a moment, thinking. "Then again, if you're someone who doesn't like surprises, I suppose then it wouldn't be such a good thing not to pay attention to those clouds." Contemplating his choices, he decided now it might be a good time to bring up the topic of the books. Pulling one of the books out of his sylladex, he looked at it for a brief moment before speaking again. "By the way, I found a few books in the room I woke up in. They don't seem to be written in any language I've ever seen, and I'm sure I don't know every language anyway, but perhaps you two could make heads or tails of the words?"
brokenEcho
brokenEcho
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeplessCartoonist Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:53 pm

The two stared at the book.
"I recognize it," Abel said, after a few moments.
"You do?"
"Yeah. I mean, I don't understand it, but I recognize it." he shrugged, moving back a bit. He gestured down to the ground. "Why don't you ask one of the locals? There's one there."
sleeplessCartoonist
sleeplessCartoonist
Rungjumpin' Ragamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by brokenEcho Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:19 pm

Alek slowly went back down to the ground below, not wanting to accidently startle any locals by just suddenly falling out of the sky. He silently noted to himself that said locals were very obviously not human. After having a short conversation with them, he floated back up to the other two. "Seems like they didn't know either.."
brokenEcho
brokenEcho
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeplessCartoonist Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:28 pm

"Well, I'm sure we're not the only folks 'round here." Abel said, floating a little higher. "There's a few more towers, so we're bound to encounter someone."
"We can look around, if you want!" Iris offered, giving a smile. "Find some more strangely out-of-place, pajama-wearing people."
sleeplessCartoonist
sleeplessCartoonist
Rungjumpin' Ragamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by brokenEcho Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:48 pm

Alek smiled back. "I'm perfectly fine with the idea of finding more people." Talking to new people gave him an opportunity to learn new things. Plus, it let him socialize with someone who wasn't his worry-wart of a sister. He had already planned to explore the whole place, but he figured that such a task would be more fun with others anyway.
brokenEcho
brokenEcho
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeplessCartoonist Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:11 pm

"Great!" Iris flew a little higher, her eyes scanning the golden city, before nodding. "Then, let's go!" she zoomed off again, remembering after a moment that she had people following her, and slackened her pace a little. The Maid glanced back at the two.
sleeplessCartoonist
sleeplessCartoonist
Rungjumpin' Ragamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by brokenEcho Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:25 pm

He began to fly after her. He didn't really plan on getting completely lost today. Alek could keep up, but he briefly looked over his shoulder at Abel. He didn't want anyone to be left behind.
brokenEcho
brokenEcho
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeplessCartoonist Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:55 pm

Abel followed at his own pace, his eyes scanning the streets. "Wouldn't it be easier to ask the locals if they've seen anyone?"
Iris glanced back at him, before nodding. "Okay. The first person we see, we ask them if they've- oh, hey!" she suddenly dived down into an alley, landing gracefully.
sleeplessCartoonist
sleeplessCartoonist
Rungjumpin' Ragamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by brokenEcho Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:46 am

Alek continued to follow them, briefly glancing around. If there are more people here, then where are they? He thought silently to himself, having a somewhat worried look on his face for a moment before answering his own question with an assumption. Perhaps they're still asleep.. His expression changed back to a much more calm and relaxed look, trying to convince himself that that was the case.
brokenEcho
brokenEcho
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeplessCartoonist Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:01 pm

Abel followed, again at his own, slightly slower pace. He landed beside the girl, who was talking to a couple of the white-carapace bearing chess people who inhabited the bright, golden city. The two could overhear that there was at least one other 'noble' wandering Prospit, though they apparently didn't look much like the humans.
"Where'd he go?" she asked, leaning forwards a little. The chess person pointed in a direction, and she nodded, turning.
sleeplessCartoonist
sleeplessCartoonist
Rungjumpin' Ragamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by brokenEcho Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:20 pm

Alek looked over towards where the carapacian had pointed to. He had not yet landed on the ground, but instead was still floating in the air. However, he was still nearby the other two humans, pretty much floating right above them. He didn't really see a point in landing if they might just start flying off in whatever direction again.
brokenEcho
brokenEcho
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeplessCartoonist Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:30 pm

She smiled, shaking the carapacian's hand. "Thank you! We'll be off, now!"
With that, she set off again, at a quick pace. Abel followed behind, his eyes continuing to dart around.
"Looks different? What's that mean?"
"I dunno! Look for someone in pajamas who isn't quite human, maybe."
"Isn't quite human?"
sleeplessCartoonist
sleeplessCartoonist
Rungjumpin' Ragamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by brokenEcho Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:49 pm

"Maybe they're just in a disguise and they don't look very human right now?" He was guessing that was the case. He had never thought of the possibility of aliens ever existing, but he never thought that a place like Prospit could be real either. He could never really be sure of himself or of anything he assumed was correct.
brokenEcho
brokenEcho
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeplessCartoonist Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:04 pm

"Well, just keep an eye out for anyone who doesn't seem human..."
"Like him?" Iris dived down suddenly, and Abel hit a wall. Thankfully, he wasn't moving too quickly, so he was only dazed for a moment.
"What?" he glanced down, frowning slightly.
sleeplessCartoonist
sleeplessCartoonist
Rungjumpin' Ragamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by brokenEcho Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:15 pm

Alek looked down towards where Iris had gone. He wanted to ask Abel if he was alright, but he also didn't want to be snapped at in case his mood was indeed rather sour at the moment. So instead, he focused on the people below him. He was rather nervous about talking to someone who was quite possibly an alien. Many 'what if's kept going through his mind about the scenario that hasn't even happened yet.
brokenEcho
brokenEcho
Bravesprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next