Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Open World RP signup/planning thread!

+9
Loki
Cardly
ActuallyFace
sleeplessCartoonist
CeruleanHeratic
V.M.P.
avidBowmaster
bluefire31
pankrationResolution
13 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Open World RP signup/planning thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: Open World RP signup/planning thread!

Post by pankrationResolution Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:25 pm

Accepted!
pankrationResolution
pankrationResolution
Kid-Skylark

Boondollars : 19594

Back to top Go down

Open World RP signup/planning thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: Open World RP signup/planning thread!

Post by Guest Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:14 pm

I'm jumping in on this bandwagon

Phyroe Zetaze my Mage of Breath

Benign Cavant my Heir of Rage

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeplessCartoonist Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:44 pm

What kind of currency do the humans use? Just dollars, or... boondollars, maybe? That'd be cool.
sleeplessCartoonist
sleeplessCartoonist
Rungjumpin' Ragamuffin

Scorpio Posts : 655
Boondollars : 20678

Back to top Go down

Post by pankrationResolution Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:03 pm

Hmmmmm...

Coins. Gold, silver, and copper coins. They're worth more by increments of ten.

Richer people trade golden bars, or write checks.

Also, Shops and Marketplaces are on large floating islands. Some shops, however, are on the surface, or on the water, like places to buy fresh meat or produce, or fish. :3 Most nic-nack stores are on large island Bazaars though.

That's the disadvantage to living by sea or in the sky. You can fall and break your neck while going to buy a gallon of milk, or drown while going to visit friends. Q_Q

In order to travel from place to place, there are bridges, boats, and some limited forms of flight, like hang-gliders or pedal-powered aircraft, or even hot air balloons! :D

There are rarer, faster methods of travel in the world, but I'ma save those for later.
pankrationResolution
pankrationResolution
Kid-Skylark

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeplessCartoonist Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:24 pm

Would you say that it'd work more like money in older eras, where it was worth more (for example, buying a chicken for a couple of gold), or would it be like modern day (where a brick of cheese would be, like, eight gold).
sleeplessCartoonist
sleeplessCartoonist
Rungjumpin' Ragamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:29 pm

Excuse me, would having a magic user that is able to use illusion spells be alright?

Back to top Go down

Post by pankrationResolution Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:47 pm

Yeah. That'd be fine, as long as they aren't, like, incredibly overpowered or somethin'.
pankrationResolution
pankrationResolution
Kid-Skylark

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:59 am

Sorry i'm kinda late, my internet has been giving me a whole ton of trouble.
Ima just throw Volibe in here.
You know
The Bard of Space?

Back to top Go down

Post by pankrationResolution Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:01 am

Have at it, V-Dawg!
pankrationResolution
pankrationResolution
Kid-Skylark

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:28 pm

Uh... John, my friend, I would like to ask you about a thing.

I talked with Vamp, who said that Alternia is not one single island, though that is how you described it in the first post. Upon further conversation, he said that everyone had the power to make shit up.

My concern there is just that I now have no idea where anything is geographically, or how things look, aside from what you said in the first post. And much like what happened in Paradise, people are flooding the pages with posts and ignoring characters, so now it's difficult to tell what's going on where, who's doing what, who's interacting with or trying to interact with who, and even what the world is supposed to look like. I'm not even sure what cities exist.

Would it be possible to keep a log, somewhere, of where things are? Just city names, purposes, sizes, primary populations, and general locations? Somewhere in the first post on that thread would be helpful, if that's possible, so everyone knows where things are and contradictions don't happen so often.

Also, perhaps a log of what characters exist, and where they are, maybe in a separate thread, which people can keep themselves. That way newcomers can figure out where to put characters, and who to start interacting with.

Just an idea! I think it would make things easier.
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Cancer Posts : 617
Boondollars : 20902
My Pet : TheChaotic1

http://actuallyface.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pankrationResolution Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:31 pm

Your concern is valid, so I suppose a map and a log of locations is necessary.

TO MS PAINT!!
pankrationResolution
pankrationResolution
Kid-Skylark

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:37 pm

A map would be helpful!

Or a map with words, whatever works!

Also, if possible, rather than a seperate thread with character positions, maybe there could be a list of cities, general descriptions, primary populations, and what characters are there? That would be incredibly useful!

For example:

City: Seattle
General Description: A rainy city in Washington with generally chilly weather. Located right on the waters of Puget Sound, with a huge market for coffee.
Primary Population: Humans
Characters: John Egbert, Jane Crocker

As before, only a suggestion, and my opinion!
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by pankrationResolution Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:58 pm

By gun, that's a good idea. I'll get on that!
pankrationResolution
pankrationResolution
Kid-Skylark

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:03 pm

Thank you friend! <: I appreciate your listening.
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by pankrationResolution Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:15 pm

No problem. More importantly, thanks for caring enough to help me improve this thing and keep it alive!
pankrationResolution
pankrationResolution
Kid-Skylark

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeplessCartoonist Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:08 pm

Alright, well... Otis is on the ground at the moment with his father, collecting water at a well, by a forest, almost directly underneath the floating island which holds his home. In the forest is Haidan, who is with Corvus and Orfeus. I'm planning on Otis being their way up to the human kingdom. Iris and Abel are in the marketplace, which is closer to the main part of the city they live by.
sleeplessCartoonist
sleeplessCartoonist
Rungjumpin' Ragamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardly Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:15 pm

General Description:
Alan lives in the wilderness- in his farmhouse; it's near the Alternian Border and a large misty forest/jungle.The farmhouse is (at the present time) burnt to a cinder; the wheat farm is burning- but still there at the moment. It's a rather dry area with generally chilly weather. Located near the Alternian Border

Primary Population:
Trolls and One Human.

Characters:
Alan Lukbar, Troll-Bandits.
Cardly
Cardly
Dungeon Master

Boondollars : 20290
My Pet : Red Dragon Hatchling
My /Other/ Pet : Eridan Ampora Llama

Back to top Go down

Post by bluefire31 Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:19 pm

HEnoia: Talking with Nectis in a city, Hive floating just above it The city itself I dont know someone else came up with it

Enidia: In jungle home, taking care of Jill

The jungle is thickly populated by flowers that you would see commonly on the outer sides, but as you go in deeper you find strange hybrids, some finishing their bloom and some still in progress. Even strange trees can be found. As if a warning sign, bodies hang by nooses from the highest trees. Who they were, it is unclear as the darkness hides any features, a warning not to harm anything in the jungle perhaps. At the semi center is Enidia's home, a small two story hive. The second story is her bedroom, bathroom, etc. Lower floor is living room, her small flowertop, kitchen, and lusus quarters. A cave is just beside Enidia's home with Moss and vines growing inside. And a few meters from her home is a large pond housing strange lilies and other water plants.
bluefire31
bluefire31
Rascalsprat

Aries Posts : 646
Boondollars : 20471
My Pet : Dramatic Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:22 pm

Nectis is in some random troll city. I'm not sure which, but I think it would be fitting to have her in the largest populated island, possibly with the castle as well.

She works with about twenty to thirty others, who have donned rustblood colors as she has and moved under the streets to try to fight against the caste system. Nectis has joined for a slightly different cause, but this group is spread so few and far between that they can't actually monitor these things.

At the moment, Nectis is interacting with Henoia.

If she could get involved in some action, that would be lovely!
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by pankrationResolution Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:43 pm

Here's how Ningen is built.

The Country itself is centered around the shore of the Great Fresh Sea. The Capitol, where the Queen lives, is the furthest out to sea. There are hundreds of smaller floating islands interconnected around it, some by stone bridges, and some by rope bridges.

Underneath those islands, there are small Peninsulas, but mostly water.

Some of Ningen hangs out on the shore of the sea, consisting of grassland. To the north there are woods, where those characters are likely located. These woods, and the grassland south of it, are run through by large rivers which take water to crops. There are floating islands above those woods, and the grassland, but they are fewer and further between.

Out at the very edge of Ningen owned land, there are stone military bases, and war balloons patrol regularly over the grassland, keeping roving bad guys out. If you're a troll, the soldiers might stop you and frisk you for weapons. If you're a Sea Troll, they'll stop you altogether for secruity reasons, because you could easily get to the sea and craft weapons and try to assassinate the queen, which is likely the reasoning for Sea-dwellers being incredibly bitter towards humans, since they use the closest, largest body of water as a stronghold. It would take months of interrogation for the human military to allow a sea-dweller to make a home in Ningen, and even then, they would be watched closely by the guard, to the point of harassment.

Lowblooded trolls are allowed to live wherever they please, and since floating islands are abundant, a few hives exist on them as well.

There are towns located on peninsulas, and near the woods, and on the grassland. The largest bazaars are over the sea, and the most illustrious are nearby the castle. Jomm's home is connected to the castle by a stone bridge, due to the necessity of him being nearby the Queen. The Castle itself is quite large, consisting of massive stone walls, but it would be fairly open to someone just dropping in from above, a defensive weakness that has never come up due to the lack of flyin' trolls or human assassins.

Any more details needed?

I'll do Alternia next, but it's waaaaaaaay simpler.
pankrationResolution
pankrationResolution
Kid-Skylark

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:12 pm

Orin is currently in a small village, where he is studying magic under the instruction of his mentor, who is currently not in his home at the moment, and has temporarily left the cottage to buy some components for brewing potions, he is expected to come back by tomorrow. There is also a large forest near the village, which is thought by the townsfolk to be incredibly dangerous, due to it being allegedly infested with disturbing creatures, who are thought to have been formerly human.

Back to top Go down

Post by CeruleanHeratic Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:17 pm

So should we post where our characters will be at the beginning of the RP? Also, is this a medival setting with current day components such as fire arms and automobiles?
CeruleanHeratic
CeruleanHeratic
Knight of Void

Taurus Posts : 330
Boondollars : 26629
My Pet : b-llama
My /Other/ Pet : TheChaotic1

Back to top Go down

Post by avidBowmaster Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Currently, Orfeus, Corvus, and Haidan are in the forest, semi-near the beach-ish.
avidBowmaster
avidBowmaster
Admin

Gemini Posts : 1032
Boondollars : 20341
My Pet : Golden Dragon Hatchling
My /Other/ Pet : worst llama

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:26 pm

[UPDATE!]

The maps shown in this post are out-dated.

I would take it that one of the said floating 'Peninsulas' lands that over hangs a jungle Blue mentioned in her postings. Has a rather misty haze above the jungle to make it nearly impossible to see from above, as well bellow. However. Above the jungle on the said Peninsulas floating lands is a small localized town called 'Bycrest' I wigged up a map slightly that is for Jill's concerns. Being that its gonna way bigger then expected. But you can see what I mean the size. Like whow.

If not. Click the link bellow.

https://imgur.com/NLs2n0t,55siWZ4#1

VERY BIG, BE WARNED!:

Last edited by dexterousSurvivalist on Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by CeruleanHeratic Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:57 pm

Nora will be at the town forge, forgeing her latest order , with Jaune resting on a stump nearby located in the same town as Orin.
CeruleanHeratic
CeruleanHeratic
Knight of Void

Taurus Posts : 330
Boondollars : 26629
My Pet : b-llama
My /Other/ Pet : TheChaotic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next