Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Open World RP signup/planning thread!

+9
Loki
Cardly
ActuallyFace
sleeplessCartoonist
CeruleanHeratic
V.M.P.
avidBowmaster
bluefire31
pankrationResolution
13 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Open World RP signup/planning thread! Empty Open World RP signup/planning thread!

Post by pankrationResolution Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:22 pm

Been working on an open world RP. Wanted to know if there was an interest in participating before I brainstormed further.

It would take place on a massive world shared by humans, trolls, and other, more rare and exotic sentient species. There would be dangers, places to chat, and it would generally be a spot to do whatever the hell you want.

I'd throw in a few world-changing events, wars, and conflicts that would effect everyone. You could choose to be a hero, a bad guy, or fuck off into a hole somewhere, absconding from the conflict entirely until it ends. No matter what you choose, I'll make sure your choices matter in the story, and you aren't ignored, even if your character is a loner. :3  You can even come up with your own action pack'd storyline concurrent to what's going on.

It'd be a little corner where writers can go to sharpen their literary claws, while contributing to a big ol' continuity that we'd all share.

So, who's interested? If I get a few dudes in on it, I'll get cracking on worldbuilding and scene setting.

Last edited by Bad John on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
pankrationResolution
pankrationResolution
Kid-Skylark

Boondollars : 19529

Back to top Go down

Open World RP signup/planning thread! Empty Re: Open World RP signup/planning thread!

Post by bluefire31 Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:50 pm

I will

tottally

help you with tyhis and participate
bluefire31
bluefire31
Rascalsprat

Aries Posts : 646
Boondollars : 20406
My Pet : Dramatic Sprite

Back to top Go down

Open World RP signup/planning thread! Empty Re: Open World RP signup/planning thread!

Post by avidBowmaster Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:35 am

Count me in, dudemanbro
avidBowmaster
avidBowmaster
Admin

Gemini Posts : 1032
Boondollars : 20276
My Pet : Golden Dragon Hatchling
My /Other/ Pet : worst llama

Back to top Go down

Post by V.M.P. Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:14 am

You gonna post about the rules of this world dude? You got all that curse filled rambling I got pasted down, but how are you gonna present it? I hope over dramatically and with flair, maybe some nice font, and starting out about the universe's dependence on cherubs and their swapping cycle, and the first generation?

By the way me and john were discussing this world last night, giving him suggestions of what crazy awesome things to cram in there. Please don't tell them my thoughts on the British john. Please.
V.M.P.
V.M.P.

Slanty Red Text

Boondollars : 19497
My Pet : gamlam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:44 am

I would love to join this.  :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by CeruleanHeratic Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:59 am

Sure, I'll join.
CeruleanHeratic
CeruleanHeratic
Knight of Void

Taurus Posts : 330
Boondollars : 26564
My Pet : b-llama
My /Other/ Pet : TheChaotic1

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeplessCartoonist Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:00 pm

I'd join. Hell yes.
sleeplessCartoonist
sleeplessCartoonist
Rungjumpin' Ragamuffin

Scorpio Posts : 655
Boondollars : 20613

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:14 pm

Please can I join? ovo I would also love to help with worldbuilding, and possibly the creation of a species, if that's okay!
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Cancer Posts : 617
Boondollars : 20837
My Pet : TheChaotic1

http://actuallyface.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pankrationResolution Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:18 pm

Yes you may! And if you have any ideas, hang on to them, and put 'em here for me to look at, or just catch me in the CB and tell me about 'em!

I'm worldbuilding right now. Making the first post to tell you guys about the broad strokes of the idea. :3

And VMP, I don't wanna tell them about that YET. I want that to be a secret until it happens. ;]
pankrationResolution
pankrationResolution
Kid-Skylark

Back to top Go down

Post by pankrationResolution Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:27 pm

...I lost all my notes. :[ Computer must have crashed last night, and I fell asleep before saving 'em.

Anyway, here's the main details of the world.

If you mean to participate, you need to read this. Last time I came up with an RP with new elements to it, I had to constantly remind people of them. Nobody is forced to adhere to a certain plot with this one, but it'll help me IMMENSELY if you remember the rules and know your stuff.

The world.

The world the characters inhabit is called many names, because many people live there, but I'll simply refer to it, and the story itself, as The LOMAH. The Land of Marathon and Halcyon.

It is an immense world. It is flat, and much of it is undiscovered wilderness. It is home to Humans, Trolls, and other sentient life, some exotic, and some dangerous.

There exists all manner of ecosystems and locations, including forests, volcanic plains, deserts, jungles, amber waves of grain, you name it, it's there!

There are also anomalies and mysteries, such as stone dungeons, and floating islands, some seeming as though they were scooped from the earth and allowed to float by magic, and some perfect geometric shapes.

Places.

There are several areas of interest, some populated including villages, kingdoms, castles, strongholds, military bases, and whatnot. Most of the world is bare and natural, since it's waaaaaaaaaay too big for the humans and trolls to dominate the paint, so to speak.

If one makes a HUGE journey to see what's on a certain side of the world, after a few years (or months, if they have a really fast mode of travel), they'll reach the Outlands, a jagged boarder which sentient life was not meant to journey into. Time and space glitch, impossible geographic anomalies, even by the standards of a world in which islands float, exist in abundance. Horrorterrors sometimes roam out there, snatching up and carrying off unfortunate, intrepid adventurers who journey too close.

Societies!

There are two MAIN Kingdoms. The Human Kingdom, Ningen, and the Troll Kingdom, Alternia.

Alternia is harsh, and domineering, and is not afraid to fight for what's theirs. The Caste System exists in brutal effect, Lowbloods poor and oppressed, Psionics forced into backbreaking labor, Jadebloods doomed to serve as caretakers for Mother Grubs. Life ain't that great for higher bloods either, as they're expected to act with appropriate brutality, or they're treated as weaklings. Military service, for all blood-types, is common, as Alternia seeks to expand and grow, and someday totally dominate the planet. The actual Kingdom of Alternia is a huge, domed structure with spires and hives inside. Upon the tallest spire, the Queen of Alternia resides in luxury, enjoying public executions and gladiatorial combat, while instructing her forces to grow and expand throughout LOMAH.

Ningen is a peaceful, water and air-faring kingdom, populated mostly by humans. After years of fighting with Alternia over land, and braving the harsh world itself, they've dominated the areas that Alternia could not reach. Now Ningen people live on floating islands, in the seas and vast rivers, and some establish outposts and villages on the surface, with scouting parties and hunters finding food for the air-faring kingdom. Ningen's capitol building is home to the Queen, who exists to guide the human military loosely, and watch over her council's decisions. She often recruits champions to explore and fight on her behalf.

All characters are accepted!

Also, not all Trolls live in Alternia. Some, seeking a different way of life (for better or worse) flee Alternia. Some live with humans in peace, some are brutal Highwaymen gangs, some are drifters, or Gypsies, or Merchants. They are called Beforans by humans, and Expatriots by Alternians.

The Queens are both God Tier, and therefore Immortal, until they die just or fitting deaths, which is unlikely to occur.

Characters.
Anyone with an accepted character is welcome to not only participate, but help MAKE the world as they write. Things within reason within the scale of the world, and homestuck, will be accepted as canon as they are written. :3 If you want to journey to a cave full of frog people who need you to slay an ogre, go for it. Just hold off on stuff that could be a potential doomsday scenario. :P

You can join other people, start feuds, explore, or fight dragons at your leisure! Think of this like a mix of Skyrim and Homestuck. Your character could even build a little house and stand there all her/his life if you want!

Denizens exist in the world, hidden away in caves and dungeons and caverns as immortal worms who watch the world carefully to amuse themselves. Fighting one is a GUARANTEED ass kicking.

God Tiering works differently as well. When a character dies, their soul ends up in their patron Denizen’s clothes, where they judge whether or not the character deserves to ascend. If they prove themselves worthy through either mastery of their Aspect, or through heroism and courage in life, or just something that the Denizen likes about them, they’ll be granted Godlike powers and brought to life.

Hidden stuff!

There are gates that can lead to other dimensions. There are four dimensions in question. Prospit, Derse, and two other secret ones. They’re mad secret.

Also, there are two “Gods” of Chaos and Order, and one day their ideology will clash superhardcore, and characters will have to choose sides in an ULTIMATE WAR OF DESTINY.

NPCS.

You can create NPC characters at your leisure, or fight monsters that you control if that's how you wanna roll, but there are a few NPCs of vast importance and danger, such as the queens, or generals, or villains, or powerful creatures, that only me and a trusted few will be writing for. :b

So remember the basic rules of no autohitting other characters. That kinda stuff ain't cool.

That’s all I got to say for now. I’ll add onto this later.

Last edited by Bad John on Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
pankrationResolution
pankrationResolution
Kid-Skylark

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeplessCartoonist Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:51 pm

A few questions regarding the world and characters. At roughly what level is the technology at in this world? Also, how many characters are we allowed, and are we to make new characters, or link to pre-existing OC pages?
sleeplessCartoonist
sleeplessCartoonist
Rungjumpin' Ragamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by pankrationResolution Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:57 pm

You can use as many characters as you want within reason, and the tech varies somewhat. It's that kinda weird, Crono Trigger/Final Fantasy medieval where protagonists use swords and shields and bows, but occasionally you'll see a goddamn robot.
pankrationResolution
pankrationResolution
Kid-Skylark

Back to top Go down

Post by pankrationResolution Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:00 pm

Also, there's magic.
pankrationResolution
pankrationResolution
Kid-Skylark

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:10 pm

Would it be okay if I joined with Jill? With a doggie? ^u^ I like dogs.

*Is a dog lover.*

I'd say the dog breed is a yorkie.
They are so small and adorable!
But known in history to hunt rats! :>

A name...

Fluffy! Whom a bitch. Bitch by its mentionings a female dog.

Its not a swear word people!
Its old English!

Back to top Go down

Post by pankrationResolution Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:11 pm

That sounds fine! :]
pankrationResolution
pankrationResolution
Kid-Skylark

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardly Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:26 pm

I'll be usin' my luckyLeprachaun~

Alan Luckbar- I assume there are consorts on this planet?

Race: Human

God Tier (If needed): Ace of Light
Cardly
Cardly
Dungeon Master

Boondollars : 20225
My Pet : Red Dragon Hatchling
My /Other/ Pet : Eridan Ampora Llama

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:29 pm

I'll sign up with Corvus and Skye. Prince of Space and Witch of Void.

Last edited by bibliophileGamer on Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loki
Loki
Scurrywart

Cancer Posts : 695
Boondollars : 20103
Location : Land of Frogs and Rain/Land of Light and Shadow/Land of Snow and Shadow
My Pet : TheChaotic1scalemate

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeplessCartoonist Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:37 pm

sleeplessCartoonist
sleeplessCartoonist
Rungjumpin' Ragamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:57 pm

I'd like to use, Orin Bennet a Mage of void.

Back to top Go down

Post by pankrationResolution Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:34 pm

All characters are accepted!

Also, not all Trolls live in Alternia. Some, seeking a different way of life (for better or worse) flee Alternia. Some live with humans in peace, some are brutal Highwaymen gangs, some are drifters, or Gypsies, or Merchants. They are called Beforans by humans, and Expatriots by Alternians.
pankrationResolution
pankrationResolution
Kid-Skylark

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:49 pm

I'm going to hold off until I come up with a small race that's good, if that is okay! I have some old things left over from another that I'd like to dust off and add to and make work with some cool mythological thing somewhere... I think that'll be my project for the day, so it should be done by tonight or... later...

If you're okay with that!

I will submit what I come up with in a bit.

Other than that, can I throw Nectis Betlah in? I think she'll make an interesting addition, and I've been dying to play her. She is a troll, a lady, a violetblooded seadweller that is, as far as she is concerned, actually a rustblood, and a Rogue of Life. Her handle is censoriousScholar, and her typing color is #a10000.
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by CeruleanHeratic Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:24 pm

I'll use Nora, along with a ferret named Jaune.
CeruleanHeratic
CeruleanHeratic
Knight of Void

Taurus Posts : 330
Boondollars : 26564
My Pet : b-llama
My /Other/ Pet : TheChaotic1

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:54 pm

Alright, John, you mentioned species being okay, so brace yourself for a submission.

The Imps!

Average Height: About three to four feet

Common/defining physical traits: Slight/skinny in build, with eyes that slant inwards, small and thin mouths, and long, slender, dexterous fingers. Their ears fan back in three horizontal sections, and are usually about five inches high, and three back. Their skin is covered with a thick sort of peach-fuzz; very short, non-shedding fur, which means the skin itself follows the same coloring rules as horses' (pink skin under pure white, purple/black/grey under others).

Culture: Imps value intelligence very highly, though not the usual kind; they base respect and attraction off of one's ability to solve problems and puzzles. Physically, Imps are attracted to long fingers on males and thin, delicate hands on females, and dark fur on either, as these things are all useful in solving puzzles and doing things like stealing, and going unnoticed when need be. Because of the highly mischievous nature of imps, they are also attracted to one's ability to steal and make use of things.

Currency: Currency does not exist among the Imps, as anything one earns, another steals. Imps never really "own" an object, as they expect only to use it for a short while. The only off-limits items are necessities such as food, water, shelter, and clothing, which are distributed without bias to Imps that participate in creating these and other things, as well as government employees.

Government: Imps are ruled by a single, common leader, who is selected every fifth year through a puzzle-solving test/competition. There are other officials who actually do all the work, but this imp's job is to come up with solutions to problems at the time, and generally have the final say on anything under too wide or important an umbrella for the other officials.

On this particular planet, the Imps will be a single, small community with a population of only about a hundred. There will be others, but these will simply be the rare outcast (cast out for stealing or trying to steal a necessity) trying to survive alone in various places.

I don't know if I did this right, or if I was supposed to do the thing or not, but there. Of course, you have the final say and whatnot, so let me know!
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by pankrationResolution Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:01 pm

That sounds good Actually! They sound like an interesting species, and a good fit! However, since Underlings still exist in the world (a fact I forgot to mention, most likely), these creatures may need a better name, as not to confuse them for those little jet black wimps that share the name "imp."

And both of your characters are accepted. I see you're an RWBY fan, Cerulean. :3
pankrationResolution
pankrationResolution
Kid-Skylark

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:21 pm

Oh frick yeah, I totally forgot about that.

Skrzak work? They're a Polish species with flight capabilities. With a few alterations, it should work...

So then....

Common/defining physical traits: Slight/skinny in build, with eyes that slant inwards, small and thin mouths, and long, slender, dexterous fingers. Their ears fan back in three horizontal sections, and are usually about five inches high, and three back. Their skin is covered with a thick sort of peach-fuzz; very short, non-shedding fur, which means the skin itself follows the same coloring rules as horses' (pink skin under pure white, purple/black/grey under others). Skrzak also posses small, fragile wings, like crows', and to accompany them, very fragile bones, and a smaller digestive track to allow more room for a third lung (this helps with lightness, as well as breathing in high altitudes). The wings allow limited flight capabilities, meaning higher/longer jumps, and the ability to glide short distances (very rarely, Skrzak may be born with more or even full flight capabilities, or none at all).

Culture: Skrzak value intelligence very highly, though not the usual kind; they base respect and attraction off of one's ability to solve problems and puzzles. Physically, Skrzak are attracted to long fingers on males and thin, delicate hands on females, and dark fur on either, as these things are all useful in solving puzzles and doing things like stealing, and going unnoticed when need be. Because of the highly mischievous nature of Skrzak, they are also attracted to one's ability to steal and make use of things. Fuller flight capabilities are more attractive as well, and even limited abilities are seen as necessary. Those born without any abilities, or even wings, are seen like horses with broken legs, and killed to 'end their misery'.
As feathers grow in rolls called "pins", and it is necessary to roll these off for flight to happen, Skrzak will preen feathers and roll the pins off as a sign of affection. There are also special salons for this, and for other wing-related needs/desires (like design, or clipping flight feathers short on youth).

Currency: Currency does not exist among the Skrzak, as anything one earns, another steals. Skrzak never really "own" an object, as they expect only to use it for a short while. The only off-limits items are necessities such as food, water, shelter, and clothing, which are distributed without bias to Imps that participate in creating these and other things, as well as government employees.

Government: The Skrzak are ruled by a single, common leader, who is selected every fifth year through a puzzle-solving test/competition. There are other officials who actually do all the work, but this President's job is to come up with solutions to problems at the time, and generally have the final say on anything under too wide or important an umbrella for the other officials.

On this particular planet, the Skrzak will be a single, small community with a population of only about a hundred. There will be others, but these will simply be the rare outcast (cast out for stealing or trying to steal a necessity) trying to survive alone in various places.
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next