Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

AU Idea- Mutated Alternia

+4
maieuticEpimenides
avidBowmaster
TheChaotic1
ActuallyFace
8 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

AU Idea- Mutated Alternia - Page 5 Empty Re: AU Idea- Mutated Alternia

Post by maieuticEpimenides Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:56 pm

Most sardinely (as in certainly; not exactly my best pun right there)! Buoy, am I on a roll. I am abshoalutely hullarious.

(Puns are the best.)
maieuticEpimenides
maieuticEpimenides
Lodestar Youth

Leo Posts : 384
Boondollars : 19752

Back to top Go down

Post by GnomeCat Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:03 pm

Puns are undoubtably the best
There was never any competition
EVER
GnomeCat
GnomeCat
Stoutrunt

Aquarius Posts : 409
Boondollars : 19749

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:19 pm

I can't even compete here I give up.

Honestly I think Eridan cares too much about his friends. He does get desperate, and emotions seem to rule him at times, but... Well, look at all he does to keep Feferi around. He gets so desperate that he gives up even trying to get her to be red with him, and just wants her to be his friend. He kills her, I think, because he is hurting so much and he's so confused that this is the only thong he can think to do, and not only that, but he's convinced entirely that they are all going to die anyways. And it seems to me he makes himself seem broken so that Feferi will stay with him, and will feel needed. And then with Karkat, well, you know he doesn't wish any harm on Karkat. Not ever. Karkat is the person that will listen to him and calm him down when no one else will, and he cares deeply for him. And Vriska, he worries so much that he's boring her, and that she won't want to be around him anymore.
I don't know.
I don't have nearly as good a read on him as the Eridan I know.
Who is, yes, the one he's reserved for. I'm sorry if it's an inconvenience or anything. u.u She's just amazing and she will most likely be joining as him, but she wants a little while to get comfortable with the idea because commitment is difficult.
So it's mostly a yes but I'm waiting because she needs space and time.

Aradia going cray will work well, I think uvu We should get some more ideas going as well though. We need dynamic and interesting and unique!
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Cancer Posts : 617
Boondollars : 20857
My Pet : TheChaotic1

http://actuallyface.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeplessCartoonist Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:15 pm

Well, I think Nepeta would have been isolated. Perhaps her communication with her moirail was cut off, and maybe she almost feels betrayed? I don't know.
Meanwhile, Tavros would almost undoubtedly have some (probably minor) effects from the chemical. Nothing really big, just some hindrances. Would he have been paralyzed in a universe where Sgrub was never played? If not, then losing the use of his legs could be a side effect of the chemical.
sleeplessCartoonist
sleeplessCartoonist
Rungjumpin' Ragamuffin

Scorpio Posts : 655
Boondollars : 20633

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:45 am

Seeing as this is basically a post-apocalyptic world, electricity would not be a thing, and so neither would the Internet, and subsequently amyone's ability to communicate with anyone.

Tabriz lost the use of his legs in a FLARP session when Briska flung him off a cliff, so I think the use of his legs would already be gone regardless of the fact that this is a SGRUB-less universe.

Actually, you could put nep in a pretty interesting position. Being olive-blooded, she posesses more yellow than blue, but she still has both. She could be suspectible to some interesting mutations, potentially... But her location must also be factored in. Nepeta lives in the middle of the forest, and she would be cut off from the entire world after this chemical is released. She doesn't even need the actual chemical; she could go crazy being so utterly alone.

You are right with Tavros, though. It would be pretty unreasonable to not have him affected in some way, and probably a big one.
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeplessCartoonist Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:39 am

I know about the whole Tavros ordeal, but lots of things happened to the cast because of that. Aradia died, Terezi became blind and Vriska lost an arm and an eye. If Aradia is still alive and Vriska still has her arm and eye (am I remembering right?), then that would mean that the trigger event for those things never happened; Vriska throwing Tavros off a cliff. Also, I don't know what's up with Terezi in this AU, I don't remember seeing a post about her. I'm going to assume that she was untouched by Vriska like Aradia.
TL;DR: Everything is interwoven and it's annoying.

Also, Doc Scratch wouldn't have lived in this AU (right?)
sleeplessCartoonist
sleeplessCartoonist
Rungjumpin' Ragamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:06 am

Well, we could still have the trigger event and the events that result from it, 8ut have Vriska lose her arm and eye in a different way, rather than in the expolosion of the Cue8all. That way we could keep it as cannon as possible. Or we could just assume that the events never happened. Which, now that I think a8out it, would proba8ly be the 8est thing we could do since having the events but no SGRU8 means that Aradia remains dead. Which would also mean that Terezi and Vriska didn't fall out over the incident, and the Scourge Sisters remained a team up until they lost communication with each other, and would most likely 8e desperate to reista8lish said contact, since they were 8asicaly 8est friends 8efore the trigger event. And it would 8e interesting to see how relationships would devolep without said trigger, since that guided quite a lot of what the Trolls felt towards each other, particularly the falling out 8etween Vriska and Terezi and Aradia and Vriska's animosity towards each other. Plus, Aradia and Sollux would still 8e Matesprits. Which 8rings up another question that will need consideration; how would Sollux 8e effected???????? He would 8e suscepti8le to the gas, 8ut exactly how would he 8e effected 8y it????????
Loki
Loki
Scurrywart

Cancer Posts : 695
Boondollars : 20123
Location : Land of Frogs and Rain/Land of Light and Shadow/Land of Snow and Shadow
My Pet : TheChaotic1scalemate

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:38 pm

Well, consideringthe FLARP session has absolutely nothing to do with the AU itself outside of the relationships between the characters and did in fact happen long before that, there really is not a reason to exclude that event from the timeline here. At all. Yes it might make therealtionships more interesting later in the RP, but otherthanthat it is entirely illogical.
I'm not sure what people decided forthrir characters, but I'm got to have to say here that we need to include the FLARP session and therefore the effects on the involved chaacters, if that's okay. If you have some better thought-out reason than I can procure right now, though, that would be really interesting. uvu
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:47 pm

Also, Sollux's situation will be decided by the frond that wishes to join.
Frick I need to ask her about that again.
If nothing else I'll have a response from her by Saturday so others may have time to work through an Eridan or Sollux thing if they want/need to.
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:50 pm

If we're keeping the FLARP session then Aradia's dead. She couldn't have been affected by the gas in the first place.
Loki
Loki
Scurrywart

Cancer Posts : 695
Boondollars : 20123
Location : Land of Frogs and Rain/Land of Light and Shadow/Land of Snow and Shadow
My Pet : TheChaotic1scalemate

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:53 pm

Then we will handle that and/or figure out a way around it. There isn't a reason to make the FLARP session not a thing.
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:15 am

Okay so the frond is joining, and I'll... Probably get on the computer and be able to do more things tomorrow concerning that.

Also, with Aradia... I think we need to look further into this. I'm not entirely sure because I am bad at paying attention, but doesn't she still have a physical presence? I don't know how, exactly, the mechanics of her works between FLARP and SGRUB.
If she doesn't work, though, I think Nepeta or Karkat might be a good candidate for that, considering both are pretty cared about by Fef and others canonically.
If we can't do this, though, we could come up with another idea... Perhaps the Condesce's drones find the group, or find a few members, and take them away. Maybe the group is attacked by sone crazies, I don't know. Those are pretty lame. We really need something that adds a point to them getting together, a mission or a problem to solve in order to reach some form of happiness.
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:42 am

Finally got around to reading this. And all the other things I was supposed to get around to.  I think.

I'm now well aware of why you talked about Sollux in regards to this rp the way you did, after reading the description.  Also, I noticed you changed something that would definitely influence whether or not it is certain Karkat can be cured (or left it out perhaps?). But I suppose you have a reason for that (if it was on purpose).

Also thanks for pinpointing exactly what Eridan's role is in this- oh yeah, you roleplayed this with me; you know what my take is on how he feels about it.  Haha.

As was previously mentioned, I'll be playing Sollux and Eridan.  I will try and keep Sollux away from the rest of the characters until they have some way of actually dealing with him, because he will probably try and kill everything in his path, and likely be very successful.

So I'd like to point out that my lack of commitment to this rp (or at least certainty of commitment) was due to two things.  One of them is that I am in college and I have 18 credit hours.  I also have a job. The second is that I have fallen out of Homestuck, mostly due to the fandom.  So I admit I am probably going to be a bit rusty, at least on technical things, but as this is an AU I don't think it's going to be a huge deal.  If I assume/do/say anything stupid, assume something is canon when it's totally not, just tell me!

In regards to the FLARP session... I don't really see how it is necessary to include it.  In fact, disregarding it would change a few things that I think would be beneficial to the flow of the RP.  If Aradia is alive, Tavros is mobile, that adds some new possibilities we wouldn't have had before.  Does anyone here have any real reason they want to keep the FLARP session as part of this AU's canon?

Anyway, if you have any questions or concerns for/about me; feel free to offer them.  maieuticEpimenides, it seems like you and I are going to have our characters interact a lot, so if you want to discuss that, feel free to send me a PM or whatever you feel like.

Back to top Go down

Post by maieuticEpimenides Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:31 am

God, I missed all that oh god blech why.

The problem with Aradia-as-ghost is that, although she's able to interact with her environment, direct communication with other trolls is basically impossible. I think having her alive would be by far more interesting.

We could always decide that the FLARP session had happened, but with a last-minute change of plans; instead of Vriska clouding Tavros and Aradia clouding Terezi, they had Vriska cloud Aradia's campaign and Tavros cloud Terezi's. Maybe someone had reservations about the original arrangement? In any case, the initial tensions would still be there, and that might lead to some new, previously unexplored things happening somewhere along the line. Um. Okay. Yeah, I'm not typing my best right now.

Also, I'm not sure why it is that Aradia became a ghost in canon. I mean, it might have been because of her (sleeping, I believe?) dreamself on Derse. And if that's the case, well, she wouldn't be able to exist in this AU. But I don't know. We could go with permaghost Aradia. I haven't got any ideas for that, though. Could be difficult.

I'm not seeing what the FLARP session go as it did originally adds anything, though. Except complications because of deaths and Doc Scratch. I mean, am I the only one who think it'd be cool to have a Terezi that didn't go blind?

I think I had more to say, but there's no time! There's never any time! I guess I'll pop back later and add more.
maieuticEpimenides
maieuticEpimenides
Lodestar Youth

Leo Posts : 384
Boondollars : 19752

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:59 am

Oh hello Illy ovo

It probably is best to keep Sollux away from the others, for the most part, as you plan on having him be a crazy psionic mess. My only worry there is that posting without anyone to interface with is super pointless....

I kind of want to have a posting order here, because things tend to get really crazy when that doesn't happen (like the chat box) and people/events get left behind and the timeline gets more messed up that it does in the actual comic.
I guess if that happens you could just not post for him unless something that affects him as a character or the rest of the RP happens.

Also yo hello I cannot be alone in thinking Fef would want to clean him up reALLY BADLY

It really does not make sense to me to exclude the FLARP session, other than it would make things prettier...
Though I guess if it's going to be a thing that impairs Aradia's ability to be an actual character in this, and makes it almost impossible for Tavros to have survived at all (which it probably would) I guess that makes sense.
Alright.
Doing away with it makes sense.

Now seriously we still have not come up with a plot arc/mission/problem thing fjfrjfrugrwri
Unless everyone wants to stick with "find the cure" then that is cool.
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:13 am

Also wait Illy what did I leave out about cure things

frick
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:22 pm

Well, that was the idea... that Sollux doesn't show up until we want him to. Seeing as we don't want him to yet. :)

You left out that the initial test of the gas was done on, and developed from, a mutant, which means that the cure works best on mutants. But you seem to have redeveloped it from yellow-bloods, which means that the results would be different, too.

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:50 pm

Oh fuck that's right! We decided to do that, didn't we?
Frick.
Well, it makes sense with pigments being the thing that triggers stuff, though? And if it was otherwise, Karkat wouldn't likely be alive at all.
Also more variation in effects = more fun for group roleplay.
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:56 pm

No, I'm kind of glad you did it that way. It's just the major difference I noticed (besides the change in plot, which was obviously a necessary one). I think I like it better this way because it's not centered around the same two characters. If it still was, then it would make sense to keep it the way we had it. With more people I like having it this way. And your idea makes complete sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:24 pm

uvu Thank you
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeplessCartoonist Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:14 pm

I was thinking, perhaps, for Tavros' ailment due to the chemical, perhaps he develops split-personality disorder? Maybe he thinks he's Rufio, and that's his deal?
Or, perhaps, schizophrenia, where he can hear and maybe see him, thus leading him to believe that Rufio is genuinely real.
sleeplessCartoonist
sleeplessCartoonist
Rungjumpin' Ragamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:18 am

^ ...Yes, Rufioh? ...Kill all my friends, you say? Of course. With pleasure.

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:22 am

I like that a lot ovo That sounds like it could be really interesting.
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by sleeplessCartoonist Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:53 am

Glad you think so! Meanwhile, Nepeta has been isolated for quite some time and has become rather unstable around others. Purrhaps she would refuse to leave her hive, unless it's to hunt, and has become distrustful of any highbloods beclaws of this ordeal.
sleeplessCartoonist
sleeplessCartoonist
Rungjumpin' Ragamuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:10 am

That makes sense. ovo
Ooh, maybe she sees others as prey? With so much time alone with no company but the things you kill and your lusus, that could be likely.
I don't know.
It is entirely up to you in that regards *throws creative confetti into the air*
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down