Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Hiya all you worthless pieces of special halfwit beautiful flesh piles!

+6
maieuticEpimenides
ActuallyFace
mangledmedic
TheChaotic1
pankrationResolution
V.M.P.
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hiya all you worthless pieces of special halfwit beautiful flesh piles! Empty Hiya all you worthless pieces of special halfwit beautiful flesh piles!

Post by V.M.P. Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:31 am

Hello! I'm familliar with forum rp and chat but never did homestuck forum, just msparp, I never made a fantroll, but can any of you tell me if there is already dude running around using a guitar as a weapon? I don't wanna step on anyone's toes.
V.M.P.
V.M.P.

Slanty Red Text

Boondollars : 19542
My Pet : gamlam

Back to top Go down

Hiya all you worthless pieces of special halfwit beautiful flesh piles! Empty Re: Hiya all you worthless pieces of special halfwit beautiful flesh piles!

Post by pankrationResolution Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:04 am

Hm. I recall someone using a musical instrument as a weapon. A little girl who used a violin.

As for someone using it for proper strife, I donno, but then again, I'm unfamiliar with a lot of characters because most people here have multiple. I say go for it.

My OC kid has a sword among plenty of people with swords.

Welcome to the board, by the way. I'm John.
pankrationResolution
pankrationResolution
Kid-Skylark

Boondollars : 19574

Back to top Go down

Hiya all you worthless pieces of special halfwit beautiful flesh piles! Empty Re: Hiya all you worthless pieces of special halfwit beautiful flesh piles!

Post by TheChaotic1 Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:18 am

I don't think it matters that you use a guitar as long as the two guitar people, if there are two that it, don't meet.

Hello and welcome to the site! :^D
TheChaotic1
TheChaotic1
Sepulchritude

Gemini Posts : 1329
Boondollars : 23875
My Pet : Blue Dragon Hatchling
My /Other/ Pet : EYES

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:15 am

Hm?.... I don't really remember seeing anyone with a guitar as a strife weapon. But if anything- Dupe uses of strife weapons are allowed. As well as classes and aspects on this forum. (Fantiers and aspects are accepted with a reason.) So yeah. No one would be slapping a hand on you with having the same weapon. C:

Besides from all of that. Welcome to the forum! People call me Dex. (Which my username is my main character's chumhandle 'Jill') Or sometimes Jill. (:

Back to top Go down

Post by mangledmedic Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:13 am

its mine that uses the violin i don't mind if you use the guitar as a weapon if the others dont. welcome to the site
mangledmedic
mangledmedic
Britches Ripper

Virgo Posts : 495
Boondollars : 19125
My Pet : Dramatic Sprite

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kixion

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:47 am

I think it's probably fine if you use a guitar. My troll uses a ridiculously overpowered and overcomplicated gun, and that seems to be fine, despite the facts that Eridan and probably someone else on the site do as well. Whatever suits your character!

Also heyo welcome to the site <: You may call me Face if you please, as I am lame and did not think to use a chumhandle for my username.
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Cancer Posts : 617
Boondollars : 20882
My Pet : TheChaotic1

http://actuallyface.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maieuticEpimenides Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:39 pm

Yeah, repeat weapons seem to be fine. Although this has been pointed out by a bunch of others already, so it's a bit silly for me to be saying this now.

Anyway, welcome! I'm maieuticEpimenides, but you're free to truncate that particularly uninspired chumhandle-type username however you'd like, seeing as it's really kind of a mouthful. (Also, that topic name. Halfwit fleshpiles. That, my friend, is a lovely phrase. It's like bumbling meatsacks, except at least 1.5x as satisfying to look at.)
maieuticEpimenides
maieuticEpimenides
Lodestar Youth

Leo Posts : 384
Boondollars : 19777

Back to top Go down

Post by Dissypoo Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:14 pm

TheChaotic1 wrote:I don't think it matters that you use a guitar as long as the two guitar people, if there are two that it, don't meet.

Hello and welcome to the site! :^D
I think two guitar wielders should meet! Then they can have a riff-off!
Dissypoo
Dissypoo
Champ-Fry

Leo Posts : 135
Boondollars : 19196

Back to top Go down

Post by GnomeCat Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:45 pm

Hello! It is nice to meet you! I won't discuss the matter of the strife dingy due to the others already addressing the topic, but regardless I look forwards to seeing what you do here! It is always nice to meet a new member!!!!!!!! ^.^
GnomeCat
GnomeCat
Stoutrunt

Aquarius Posts : 409
Boondollars : 19774

Back to top Go down

Post by Thales Nestis Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Welcome!
Thales Nestis
Thales Nestis
Admin

Scorpio Posts : 2828
Boondollars : 21644
My Pet : gay-llama
My /Other/ Pet : TheChaotic1scalemate

https://homestuckrole-play.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by V.M.P. Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:19 pm

Thanks, it's not that I think I'm gonna get reprimanded if I copy, it's that I want to be original and not another freaking sword guy.... No offense..... Half offense....... Okay I meant full offense but I still want to be your friend...... Acquaintance...... I can tolerate being on the same room as you?

I need to be friends with a guy with 1337 r0607 5k1llz for this OC to work without me dying, I heard that the higher in the blood caste you are the more resilience you have, and that's why gamzee can take hundreds of bullets to the chest, can a violet blood survive being struck by lightning?
V.M.P.
V.M.P.

Slanty Red Text

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:30 pm

Actually some humans can do that, I don't think it's too far off to say that a troll of higher blood would be capable as well.

And yeah, I get your sword woes. They're cool when they are used in a book based in the era in which swords were actually used, or when it's like, Dave, and he just fucks around with them cause his brother is a lame anime addict and has inflicted this upon him as well.

Unusual and/or obscure weapons is where it's at ovo
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by mangledmedic Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:49 pm

No I feel bad about the shadow twins soul spliter then again I don't use them much
mangledmedic
mangledmedic
Britches Ripper

Virgo Posts : 495
Boondollars : 19125
My Pet : Dramatic Sprite

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kixion

Back to top Go down

Post by V.M.P. Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:56 pm

......did you just say "shadow twins soul spliter?"
I declare you my enemy for now on, en guarde, how dare you soil this thread with so many words that are reminiscent of bad fantasy elf shit?! Need I pulls out the list of words that you must never say together in a sentence?! Y'know what else the list is good fora?! Making names for some motherfucking elves! Fuck the list!

Am I allowed to curse? Gamzee does it all the time, I think Karkat made a whole sentence out of fuck once.

I need someone who made a fantroll that's good with robots.

Are there any plots that are still recruiting?
V.M.P.
V.M.P.

Slanty Red Text

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:00 pm

heh. As too my mainy Character Jill, that uses a sword. well. Last time I checked. Way too many. G-Sword, Shel- whateves. I can't remember XD. But Swords seems to be a thing here. I hope they are not compensating for something though. O.o''

Back to top Go down

Post by V.M.P. Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:11 pm

Hell, swords are motherfucking poetic, but if you try to turn a wack ass weapon into a poem it's comedic, has anyone ever tried doing "belt kind" or "magnet kind?"
V.M.P.
V.M.P.

Slanty Red Text

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Whoa whoa calm down yo no need to spoil positivity

Calm yourself all will be well.

I only have two OC's ATM, but one uses a slingshot (because ewoks) and the other a gun because he is attempting to appear strong. Though, he really only uses it for smashing, and can't actually figure out how to properly operate it, which I think makes using the overly-used weapon okay.

Yup.

Swords can be cool, though, if you use them to compliment your character, rather than as a "I couldn't come up with someone more creative" thing.

Also elves are fucking rad, and I someday hope to cosplay Legolas because he is wonderful and sings to rivers for no real reason.
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by V.M.P. Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:17 pm

Legolas........
Le me sum up my thoughts on him in statistics......
He is....
Prettier.....
Than 30%.....
Of women......
Are you a pretty man? Are you?! ARE YOU?!
Of course I pulled them stats out my ass
V.M.P.
V.M.P.

Slanty Red Text

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:18 pm

Well, there becomes a point when you start to overdo the whole "random object as weapon" thing. It does need to compliment your character and their personality (unless of course you are John, in which case you can basically do whatever the fuck you want and it makes perfect sense). Like, Aradia uses a whip cause she's all about exploring and being Indiana Jones. Tavros uses a lance because it's something prominent in fantasy and medieval things. Karkat uses scythes because they're really more of a defense weapon, being able to hook the enemy's weapon and dislodge it, and being less capable of actually hurting someone without getting at their throat directly (less ways to kill).

So while beltkind and magnetkind might be funny, they could be really bad in the hands of a character who doesn't fit them, in the same way that a sword is lame as hell in the hands of a character that doesn't fit it.
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:19 pm

I am actually a lady, and I possess Legolas hair, so like, fun cosplay times without scratchy wig. Also long wigs are a bitch.
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by avidBowmaster Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:20 pm

Ooga Booga. Hi VMP. Just call me Avid.

OMG
LEGOLAS
FUCKING
GREENLEAF
IS 
MY 
SPIRIT
ANIMAL
avidBowmaster
avidBowmaster
Admin

Gemini Posts : 1032
Boondollars : 20321
My Pet : Golden Dragon Hatchling
My /Other/ Pet : worst llama

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:21 pm

I
FEEL
YOU
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by V.M.P. Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:25 pm

Well then have it then. I never cosplayed. Elves are cool, it's just that their names..... Combine:Raven moon fire song sun forest voice soar magic wind star in any order you want, or playing darts with a keyboard strapped on the target until you get something that sounds cool. That's how I make an elf name. The list is bigger that that.
V.M.P.
V.M.P.

Slanty Red Text

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:29 pm

Yeah I feel you. People get really generic with them, and it's super disappointing. Like, shit, elves dont HAVE to be graceful loraxes. Why not make a total lazy d-bag elf that legit does nothing but breathes, sleeps, and eats cheetos? But Tolkien made them that way, and that's what influences our pop culture, so there you are.
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by V.M.P. Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:35 pm

I wanted to roleplay an elf that speaks with a Russian accent, shoots monstrous elk demons with a giant ass shotgun for fun, and rides a motorcycle and bonks goblins with a whiskey bottle as he drove by, and didn't give two shites about nature, there ain't no trees in the north bitch! But never found a roleplay silly enough for him.
V.M.P.
V.M.P.

Slanty Red Text

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next