Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Hey look, a thing about a session maybe?

+5
goldenCrown
bluefire31
GnomeCat
ActuallyFace
physicalFallacy
9 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Hey look, a thing about a session maybe? - Page 4 Empty Re: Hey look, a thing about a session maybe?

Post by physicalFallacy Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:35 am

I would certainly like it to happen, even if we don't end up with as many as originally expected. As for those who are still in, I guess we start figuring out the order of connection, rather than just letting it be a hectic melee of disorder.
physicalFallacy
Plucky Tot

Virgo Posts : 64
Boondollars : 19332

Back to top Go down

Hey look, a thing about a session maybe? - Page 4 Empty Re: Hey look, a thing about a session maybe?

Post by ActuallyFace Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:13 am

Alright, do you have any suggestions?
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Cancer Posts : 617
Boondollars : 20897
My Pet : TheChaotic1

http://actuallyface.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by physicalFallacy Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:22 am

Perhaps simply the order people asked to join in. I'm open to suggestions, and I'm sure we can make amends if some of the others show up again.
physicalFallacy
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:53 am

That does work.
I think the first person to enter is supposed to be the "leader" or something... Shit, I don't remember.
I had this discussion with a friend of mine forever ago when we were starting a thing, but I'm awful at things like remembering the details that are actually significant.
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by physicalFallacy Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:16 am

Pffft, who needs significant details anyway? Though I recall reading something similar to that. It does make some kind of sense at least. Does anyone particularly want to be leader then? Its easy enough to keep the pattern no matter who ends up as leader.
physicalFallacy
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:10 am

It makes sense with John, Karkat, and Jane having entered first.
Also hhhhha if no one else wants to at all I will be your last resort ???
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by physicalFallacy Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:18 pm

If no one else wants to, then by all means, go ahead! I'm eager to get this thing going, but I'll give it a day or so first.
physicalFallacy
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by Thales Nestis Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:58 pm

Aradia did say that the first to enter is the leader!
Thales Nestis
Thales Nestis
Admin

Scorpio Posts : 2828
Boondollars : 21659
My Pet : gay-llama
My /Other/ Pet : TheChaotic1scalemate

https://homestuckrole-play.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:29 pm

Day or so sounds good.
Frick I guess I'm doing some research then.
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by Thales Nestis Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:07 pm

Wait I have the line!

It cann0t be st0pped
Mete0rs are en r0ute
Y0u kn0w this s0llux
Y0u were never g0ing t0 be the leader th0ugh
Which is t0 say
The first t0 enter
Thales Nestis
Thales Nestis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:23 pm

@ActuallyFace I could be your server player if you want, since I'm going to have to do A LOT of level grinding if I want to pull off the whole 10 levels=1 level thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:26 pm

Rad!!
And yeah, Alex is somewhat designed to lead. Not perfectly, but she's a page, she will decelop the skills she lacks as the game progresses.
I kind of made her to be the leader of a session thing I did elsewhere.
So if no one else actually wants to lead, I can do zat
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:29 pm

Oh yeah, okay!
Wait frak if you're level-grinding because page I should probs do that too because page?
Or can I get away with not
If it disrupts continuity I will but I think pages are just supposed to be weak then strong in canon
I have no idea I need computer access.
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:54 pm

I think it's for the best that you lead, like could you imagine a Page of Doom being the leader of a session? It'd be....Disastrous to say the least Xl. If anything I'd most likely be the one who asked everyone to play the game. It seems fitting to me for some reason. As for Pages being incredibly weak then strong, I sort of agree since Pages are supposed to "Hone their potential" and become incredibly powerful by the time they reach god tier or at least, I think so.

Back to top Go down

Post by physicalFallacy Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:37 am

A Page of Time doesn't seem like they'd be a bad leader, and rereading Alex's profile, I think she'd do pretty well. Especially compared to Liam and his apparent attitude towards things.
Honestly though, I only just realised we have two pages. That, and the fact we have a Lord of Rage means this is certainly going to be interesting to say the least. I'm happy sending the Pages in first if they're going to need to grind and whatnot. It makes more sense that way. Which means we just need to decide between Slace's character and mine to go in next, so long as no one has any objections to that.

@Auriel Cordis That's a very good quote for the issue of leadership actually. Thanks!
physicalFallacy
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:55 am

Yeah like I said before, he wouldn't be a very good leader so I can totally see what you mean, I'm going to try and remedy that asshole-ish attitude of his with some type of character development. Like, maybe sacrifice himself for the good of everyone else, regardless of whether or not it was actually necessary maybe? I'll have to think on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thales Nestis Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:07 am

No problem PF
Thales Nestis
Thales Nestis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:39 am

@Kenos-
Actually, a page of doom might not be a bad thing, considering pages generally start out lacking the qualities generally made inherent by their aspect (Tavros lacks a "sense of direction leading him ever-forwards", Alex lacks patience, etc).
But yeah, okay uvu
Alex was also, like I said, sort of designed to be the leader of a session I did a long time ago. Despite the fact that she doesn't have great decision-making abilities... Which should make her reply more on the group as a whole, and should probably change over time anyways.
And, yeah! Just look at Tav and Jake, man. Tav never made it to the end, but he did start out super weak, and Jake started out really weak and by the end he was stronger than anyone else!

@PhysicalPhallacy- Yeah, okay!
That probably works really well too, since you are essentially our own fearless leader.
Dunno if I'm gonna do level-grinding though because if Alex is going to lead she should probably develop some level-headedness somewhere in there? Also I'm terrible enough with the working of this shit as it is, and don't want to complicate things too much.
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:41 am

@Kenos that sounds rad in a lot of ways.
Also Pages are supposed to use their powers for the good of others, maybe that can play a part uvu
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:16 am

Yeah I see what you mean, though I'm still trying to find out ways I can provide doom to people in a positive manner. Like, maybe along with the other powers he might gain, Liam could provide attack buffs to people in order to make it easier for them to spread doom. But, that's just if we assume that the Doom aspect is literal doom rather than, "Predestined fate". Though if we can in fact consider to mean predestined fate, I could imagine it being quite useful somehow.

Back to top Go down

Post by physicalFallacy Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:57 am

@ActuallyFace I am? ouo Seriously though, it's entirely up to you where you go with Alex. She's your character after all. It'll be interesting to see how she develops either way! Actually, I'm just interested in seeing how everyone's characters are going to progress. My curiosity knows no bounds.

I guess we just need word from Slace, then we can make a start on getting this going. Finally.
physicalFallacy
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:14 pm

@Kenos- Well here is what buoyfrond's ppt says on the subject:
"Not much is known about the Page, but it appears to be 'one who provides others with their aspect'. This is based upon Tavros (Page of Breath) kissing Vriska to merge her consciousness with her dream self. As this happened, the Breath symbol appeared, as if he was providing Breath (or a second chance at life) to her. This being the case, the Page may be a passive counterpart to the Knight (as one who equips others with their aspect) or a Maid (as one who provides others with their aspect)."
"Doom has to do with impending destruction, whether to do with life, the game session in general, or even an idea. It may be the opposite of Hope, in that it represents a lack thereof. However, it may also have to do with law and judgement. One analogy to this being Sollux understanding the rules of ~ATH (Till Death, a program that executes commands when a specific being or thing dies), and of the SGrub game. It's started that he had to retrieve files from 2 sets of ruins and alter the code a bit to make it run, fitting in with understanding the rules of the system."

So, "One who provides others with a lack of hope" (Meaning one who takes hope... that could be interesting.) "One who provides others with law and judgement" (So kinda like Terezi) and/or "One who provides others with impending destruction of life, ideas, or the session" (Which could be fucking rad as hell). In his words, at least.

@PF- Well, you're kind of organizing this whole thing! <:

And yeah, sounds good to me ovo
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Back to top Go down

Post by Thales Nestis Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:20 pm

Doom also has to due with limitions and rules *just bringing it up* so a doom leader might work!
Thales Nestis
Thales Nestis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:53 pm

@ActuallyFace Wow this all sounds really interesting, not to mention the fact that I have a somewhat better understanding of what a page can do now, so thanks a bunch for your help. :) 

@Auriel Cordis Yeah I guess it might work somehow, but if I were to make a Page of Doom a leader I'd probably have to make him go through the aforementioned character development in order to make him more of a stoic leader rather than a wise-cracking douche since, if a Page really does begin the session lacking his aspect and doom has to do with anxiety, it sort of makes sense for him to overcome those somewhat childish tendencies in order to become more serious. But hey that's just a theory a game theory Doom theory. Also, I might have to write up another paragraph of personality for him later on, I sort of feel as if I gave the other characters a lot more potential for development, albeit one of those characters only gaining that potential after having to be rewritten from scratch but still.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thales Nestis Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:56 pm

Its still okay though! I can't wait to start!
Thales Nestis
Thales Nestis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next