Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Hey look, a thing about a session maybe?

+5
goldenCrown
bluefire31
GnomeCat
ActuallyFace
physicalFallacy
9 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Hey look, a thing about a session maybe? - Page 5 Empty Re: Hey look, a thing about a session maybe?

Post by ActuallyFace Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:00 pm

@Auriel yep! That's the laws part. Maybe limitations aren't... I don't know -lazes on the couch-

@Kenos no problem yo xD
And I dunno pages are pretty much designed to develop. xD But I don't think I have read through all of your character profile yet, I don't have much of an idea there. I should probably read through the rest at some point. Computers, fufrjbdthse
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Cancer Posts : 617
Boondollars : 20897
My Pet : TheChaotic1

http://actuallyface.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Hey look, a thing about a session maybe? - Page 5 Empty Re: Hey look, a thing about a session maybe?

Post by maieuticEpimenides Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:15 pm

Oh my! Aspect talk!

Just going to throw my two cents in because I can't help it. Sorry!

Doom is really more like the opposite of Life, as stated somewhere by Calliope (I found the quote before somewhere. Don't make me find it again. Because I will. I have a quote and I'm not afraid to use it. I, uh, have all the quotes. All of them.) Life is associated with inheritance, growth, riches, optimism, subversion of rules, and actual life. (Hope is possibility and belief and quite possibly reproduction something that belongs to a different discussion despite being an fascinating theory.)

As its counterpart, Doom is associated with rules, limitations (like Auriel Cordis just said! Rules are all about limitation, and also: Life is all about overcoming and beating the system), codes, systems, loss, pessimism, decay, and inevitability (I say this every time, though: inevitability is a bigger thing for Time--look at how Sollux and Aradia discuss the end of the world/Sgrub).

Law/judgment/decisions are the domain of Mind, though, which is why there are similarities between that description and Terezi. But laws/codes are the main overlap point for Doom and Mind, so I'll give you that. Aspects love to overlap.

And yes, Pages are all about development. I'm not going to discuss the verbs right now (verbs are not really my favorite part of classpect analysis), but I love talking about character arcs because I'm just that mad. The Page usually idolizes his/her aspect in some fashion, but fails to act--crippling passivity is a thing they seem to go in for. But they're chock-full of potential, as has been shown with Jake. Once they get over their own mental blocks, they have the ability to become really really powerful. I could go on, but this is none of my business.

I mean, what am I even doing here?

*Ollies outie.*

(Oh god I just used those stupid asterisks for no reason oh god why what's happening to me)
maieuticEpimenides
maieuticEpimenides
Lodestar Youth

Leo Posts : 384
Boondollars : 19792

Back to top Go down

Post by ActuallyFace Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:14 pm

Pretend there is a like button on that and that I just clicked it.

I enjoy new information and I p much agree with all of that because it makes sense

Yup yup
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Cancer Posts : 617
Boondollars : 20897
My Pet : TheChaotic1

http://actuallyface.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:57 pm

@maieuticEpimenides Thanks a lot for the aspect talk, I always love hearing about what your opinion is on these matters and the speculation as well, so thanks again for the help! (^^)

@ActuallyFace There is a like button and I. Just. Clicked it.

Back to top Go down

Post by physicalFallacy Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:26 pm

@maieuticEpimenides I must say, I do enjoy reading your posts on classes and aspects. They're very interesting!
physicalFallacy
Plucky Tot

Virgo Posts : 64
Boondollars : 19332

Back to top Go down

Post by Slace of awesome Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:43 pm

So we still doing this right?
Slace of awesome
Slace of awesome
Plucky Tot

Boondollars : 19934

Back to top Go down

Post by goldenCrown Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Yeah, is this still happening? I haven't replied to this since I volunteered my character, but I just read all of it. Is this going to start any time?
goldenCrown
goldenCrown
Sepulchritude

Boondollars : 21131
Location : Land of Rain and Trees/Land of Water and Silence/Land of Crystal and Shadowed Frogs/Land of Gust and Glow/Land of Clocks and Bubbles
My Pet : karkat llama
My /Other/ Pet : actual baby dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by physicalFallacy Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:30 pm

It is definitely happening, though the timing is not specific right now, seeing as we'll need another prospit dreamer if you're still in goldenCrown. As soon as we get that prospit dreamer, we'll be able to start.
physicalFallacy
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by goldenCrown Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:08 pm

You know, if we still need a Prospit dreamer, I could put in another character. I'm okay with RPing two characters at once if you want me to. Just if you want to get the session going.
goldenCrown
goldenCrown
Sepulchritude

Location : Land of Rain and Trees/Land of Water and Silence/Land of Crystal and Shadowed Frogs/Land of Gust and Glow/Land of Clocks and Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by physicalFallacy Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:12 am

That's a useful option. It'd be nice if we got one of the people from earlier, but if not, we can always come back to you, but I'd like to give it a short while. Thanks for the offer so long though.
physicalFallacy
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by goldenCrown Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:54 am

No problem! I thought you might have wanted to wait, but I just thought I'd offer. (:
goldenCrown
goldenCrown
Sepulchritude

Back to top Go down

Post by physicalFallacy Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:42 pm

As a matter of curiosity before I decide, who would the other character you'd volunteer be?
physicalFallacy
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by goldenCrown Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:10 pm

Hugh Mortley, Heir of Blood.
goldenCrown
goldenCrown
Sepulchritude

Back to top Go down

Post by physicalFallacy Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:07 pm

I thought it might be, but I didn't want to assume anything. Hugh seems like he'd be a good addition in any case. So, with the hopes no one has any complaints, I'd be happy to go ahead with things as they are now!
physicalFallacy
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by goldenCrown Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:30 pm

Okie dokie!
goldenCrown
goldenCrown
Sepulchritude

Back to top Go down

Post by Slace of awesome Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:59 pm

sounds good to me.
Slace of awesome
Slace of awesome
Plucky Tot

Boondollars : 19934

Back to top Go down

Post by Loki Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:12 pm

Sorry for my absence, was snowed under with school(Not much better but I'll be able to post). If this is going ahead then I can't wait.
Loki
Loki
Scurrywart

Cancer Posts : 695
Boondollars : 20163
Location : Land of Frogs and Rain/Land of Light and Shadow/Land of Snow and Shadow
My Pet : TheChaotic1scalemate

Back to top Go down

Post by physicalFallacy Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:19 pm

@biblophileGamer good to hear you're still up for it. Hopefully things will calm down for you.

With the re-addition of Loki, we can drop Hugh (hope you don't mind golden) and still have our balanced team. Hurrah!
physicalFallacy
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by goldenCrown Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:27 pm

S'all good in the hood! (Wow I sort of hate myself for saying that) So we can start now? *hopefulness shimmers in eyes* :D
goldenCrown
goldenCrown
Sepulchritude

Back to top Go down

Post by physicalFallacy Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:32 pm

Yes yes, I'm happy to give the go ahead! Which means I should probably start a memo or something?
If someone would be so kind as to nudge me in the right direction about this...
physicalFallacy
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:07 pm

Yeah you should probably go ahead and do that, it seems like a good place to start, and I think that's how most sessions start out so I think it's a good idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by goldenCrown Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:12 pm

Yeah, on here, most people start out with either a memo or just a normal pesterchum/trollian chat with one of the other players. You can start however you want, though!
goldenCrown
goldenCrown
Sepulchritude

Back to top Go down

Post by physicalFallacy Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:18 pm

I'll get onto that then! However as a word of forewarning, it's late here, so if I don't reply tonight, the reason is pretty obvious.
physicalFallacy
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by goldenCrown Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:37 pm

Okie dokie! Yeah, don't stay up really late just to reply. It's fine. (:
goldenCrown
goldenCrown
Sepulchritude

Back to top Go down

Post by physicalFallacy Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:46 pm

And here it is, my final contribution for tonight. Go wild! See you all later.
physicalFallacy
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next