Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Swallowed by Cetus (Arkone, Corbit)

2 posters

Go down

Swallowed by Cetus (Arkone, Corbit) Empty Swallowed by Cetus (Arkone, Corbit)

Post by concernedApathy Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:39 pm

"Leo?" The word bubbles out of Arkone's mouth as he looks around the unfamiliar water. He can see the rocky bottom of the Alternia sea no more than four feet away from him. This was the closest he had been to land for a very long time. The thought made his heart beat quickly, the gills on the side of his neck pushing water through his neck at a more accelerated rate. The surge of oxygen to his brain making him feel a little dizzy.

With a strong kick he forced himself to the surface. The water frothed as he emerged and flipped his hair out of his face. He took a large gulp of air and looked around. Quietly he found himself whispering his lusus' name again. The leokampus was no where to be seen though. Ark had never been far away form his lusus. That being said, he had never been this far away from his hive either.

He dove back under the water and looked around again trying to find the direction he had gone. Swimming out a few feet he felt the strong tug of a tide. He gasped as he was pulled even farther away from what, he assumed was, the direction of his hive.

Ark surfaced once more after just managing to pull himself out of the tug of the water. The shore was maybe thirty seconds away. A dark beach with nearly black sand. He shuddered a breath as he stared at the bank. His eyes went up to the sky. Beyond the dark yellow clouds was the red sky of the dim season. There would be no stars in the sky tonight, he had no guide to bring himself home.

None except for landmarks on the shore.

As scared as he was of going onto the shore right now it didn't look like he had a choice. He swam up onto the beach and grunted as he had to quickly adjust to walking on his legs instead of siwmming, it wasn't a transition he was used to. He pushed his goggles up onto his forehead and pushed his hair back.

He wanted to follow the beach until he saw the cliffs he could see from the surface above his hive.

Ark wasn't expecting to run into any other trolls. Not many came out during the day hours during the dim season. But, of course, he was greeted with the sight of a figure not far off. His first reaction was to panic and hope that they wouldn't notice he was there.

His goal. To get past them without them saying anything. Futility was nearly inevitable for a violet blooded seadweller such as himself. None the less he took a deep breath and continued forward in an attempt to walk right by them without comment.
concernedApathy
concernedApathy
Anklebiter

Pisces Posts : 112
Boondollars : 21003

Back to top Go down

Swallowed by Cetus (Arkone, Corbit) Empty Re: Swallowed by Cetus (Arkone, Corbit)

Post by Thales Nestis Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:14 pm

Corbit was lost. That he could admit but he couldn't let himself to go back the way he came, not that he was afraid but he didn't know which way he had followed the small rabbit from. So he just sighed as he kicked the shore as he walked. "I've never been this far away before..." He mummbled to himself as he put his hands in his pant pockets. His nerves were high wired and he was quite oblivious to the seadweller.

He was unsure of where he ws. He'd never seen this. "um..." What was he looking at? He didn't know but than it came to mind. Someone he knew called it the ocean, the sea, he still didn't know what lied there. He had heard stories of the evil trolls that lived there but he brushed the thoughts off. "Not eveyone is as bad as others say...right?" With that he sighed looking at the sky, moving his black bangs from his face.
Thales Nestis
Thales Nestis
Admin

Scorpio Posts : 2828
Boondollars : 21594
My Pet : gay-llama
My /Other/ Pet : TheChaotic1scalemate

https://homestuckrole-play.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Swallowed by Cetus (Arkone, Corbit) Empty Re: Swallowed by Cetus (Arkone, Corbit)

Post by concernedApathy Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:03 pm

The unfamiliar landdwelling troll didn't seem to notice him and for a moment he was sure he was going to get past without being noticed at all. And he was positive that the stranger wouldn't see his fins and recognize him as a seadweller. Sneaking behind him he was sure he was home free, finally. He took off as quickly as he could as soon as he was on the other side.

His legs weren't meant for land and though he was fast he was painfully uncoordinated when he wasn't moving through water. It took no effort to move his legs through the thin air but at the same time he wasn't as weightless as he was under the waves. This mixed with the fact that he didn't understand how difficult it was to run on uneven ground quickly sent him hurtling towards the ground.

"Oomph." He hit the ground hard, just barely managing to protect his face with his arm. He closed his eyes tight. If the other hadn't noticed that there was something wrong with them. Trolls always had to be aware of their surroundings. It was just nature.

Ark pushed himself to his knees and then tried to stand just to feel a sharp pain in his right leg. He looked down, first at the offending object that had tripped him: a rock which was speckled with violet liquid. He felt himself tense as he turned his gaze to his leg. There was a thin line of blood running down his calf. If it wasn't obvious he was a royal blooded seadweller now...

He let himself fall back to the ground and tried to hide himself in his arms and play dead.
concernedApathy
concernedApathy
Anklebiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Thales Nestis Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:23 pm

Corbit was confused. One moment he was standing there and in the next someone lied on the ground covering their face. He was curious because he had never seen someone who looked..well like that. The only thing he could think of was to flop down next to the troll. He didn't want to scare him because, he was terrified too. He cleared his throat a little and said in his slightly high voice, "Are you ok?" He looked toward the other and then looked at the wounded calf. He sighed and without waiting to hear the other's reply he ripped a small bit of fabric off his shirt and began to wipe off the bloody calf.
Thales Nestis
Thales Nestis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedApathy Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:04 am

That was it, this was the end. He was found out and now he was being approached. Ark curled into himself even more and even, for a moment, contemplated retrieving his weapon from his sylladex and getting a couple good hits in before diving back into the ocean.

He was not given nearly enough to time to really think that idea through before the troll was asking how he was and trying to dress his wound. Ark propped himself up, looking at the troll with wide eyes. He opened his mouth a couple times, to try and say something, but for the longest time no sound came out. When the strangers hands were practically on him was when he finally gained the ability to move.

"No. No you don't have too. I'm fine, I'm fine." He said trying to push the other's hands away. He looked at the scratch wound for a second, "S-see, the bleeding's already stopped." He pointed out, running a hand over the cut to prove his point.

Arkone pushed himself to his feet, albeit shakily. "I'll...," he paused and looked around again, he noticed now that off in the distance the beach simply ended and soared right up into an unfamiliar cliff face meaning he would either have to go farther in-land or brave the unfamiliar rip tides in the surrounding water. "I'll just... swim it off." He muttered even more quietly than usual. He really didn't know what his next step would be from here he sort of hoped it didn't have much or anything to do with being around another troll.
concernedApathy
concernedApathy
Anklebiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Thales Nestis Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:00 pm

"O ok." He said and stood up near the other. He just kept watching him closely. "So...you live in the sea...Right?" He wanted to know a lot about this stranger. Maybe the other troll could help him find his way home and maybe they could become friends. He remembered how the other had tripped over the rock and giggled a little.

"And are you sure your ok?" He said trying to look into the other's face but failing because of his own bangs. So he pushed his out of his face to see better. He waited unsure of how this troll felt and he was tempted to use his own abilities.
Thales Nestis
Thales Nestis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedApathy Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:17 pm

They gave up on trying to help him a lot faster than he had thought would be the case. For a moment he thought he was in the clear and he made his way towards the water. Then they spoke again, asking if he lived in the sea. He froze for a moment before turning back to face him. "Yes. I live in the ocean..." Ark looked this stranger over. "I always have and I always will. One of the few seadwellers left, in the flesh." By the end of his sentence his voice was nothing more than a whisper.

It shocked Ark, how calm this troll was being for meeting a seadweller for the first time in his life. Maybe everything Ark had ever heard about the surface was a lie. Either way his fingers twitched as he thought about taking his net out of his sylladex. He didn't know how well his weapon would work on the surface but he was will to try if it meant he could get out of there without worry.

Then they were asking him how he was again and he was a little taken aback. "Like I said. I'm fine. Seriously." He tested his leg, " See, nothing wrong at all. It's practically healed. Seadwellers, especially highbloods like me heal notoriously quickly..." he trailed off again and put his foot back down on the sand. "Why aren't you chasing me back into the sea or trying to kill me?" He asked just far to shocked by kind this troll was being and wanting to know the reason for this uncalled for concern.
concernedApathy
concernedApathy
Anklebiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Thales Nestis Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:37 pm

His eyes sparkled lightly at the thought. It was his ream come true. "Oh. I've never met someone from the ocean before! Is it beautiful?" He was excited. He was actullay meeting a seadweller! His heart raced as he smilied. "Ya know I've always heard that seadwellers were evil but your so nice and calm! I've never heard o one like that before!!" He smilied wider and threw his hands in the air, full of happiness he jumped up and down.

He stopped jumping and watch the other move his leg. "It DOES look better!" He said happily. Then he stopped when the other asked him why he wasn't trying to hurt him. He said in a sad sounding voice, "What?! I would never do that, if anyone was doing the running it'd be me. I mean like that would be terrible!" He was shocked by what the other said. Was the other afraid of him?

"A-Are you s-scared of me?" He backed up a little. He was always told when a scared animal was cornered they would attack and so he let the other have some space
Thales Nestis
Thales Nestis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedApathy Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:17 pm

Ark was a little put off by how happy this guy looked for meeting a seadweller. His reaction totally contradicted what he was saying. If you had been told that something is 'evil' wouldn't you be terrified to actually meet one? Ark looked down at himself for a moment. Alright, maybe he wasn't all that intimidating. "Um, it's okay? Kind of lonely... and I'm-...I'm glad I don't scare you?" He said as he watched the unfamiliar troll jump up and down and taking the chance to take a couple paces backwards, towards the dark water.

This was more of the reaction he had been expecting. When Ark asked why he wasn't trying to run him off. Maybe he hadn't been expecting the stranger to sound so... sad about it? Again he could himself very taken aback. He was started to get very flustered by this whole encounter. "Well... I guess you running would make more sense-" he trailed off, adding to himself, 'since I'm an evil seadweller.'

"Well... I guess I'm not that scared?" he started, "I'm more... nervous? Yeah. Nervous." He looked to the side, trying not to make any more eye contact. "I've never really been on shore for this long before..." he muttered. Ark knew he should have taken this chance to get out of there, to dive back into the water and struggle to get himself back to his hive. But he didn't. Not yet.
concernedApathy
concernedApathy
Anklebiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Thales Nestis Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:40 pm

"I am so sorry...I'm not even suppossed to be here...I was chasing a bunny..." He looked away just as nervous as the other. Now that he thought about it. He was supposed to be scared, this was a seadweller, they were suppossed to be evil, to torture others but he didn't feel that emotion flowing off the other.

"M-maybe I should just leave. I'll just turn around and you'll be gone. T-that's if you want to leave I mean." He said looking at the other his face turning a light pink almost like the most pink rose in the world. He couldn't understand what this feeling , perhaps it was his nerves or his fears, but he wanted to hear the other speak in that nervous little voice.
Thales Nestis
Thales Nestis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedApathy Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:55 pm

Ark was a little baffled at the idea that this troll would be so far from their hive just to chase a... a what was it? A bunny? He wasn't completely sure he knew that was to be completely honest with himself. He just stared at this troll blankly. He mouthed the words to himself, his eyes not focusing on anything trying to concentrate on what a bunny was. He let it go as his eyes focused back on the unfamiliar land dwelling troll.

They seemed nervous around him, not scared, jusr nervous. They didn't seem threatened by his being there. To be completely fair he didn't really feel all that threated by them either. He really didn't have any reason to be at all scared of them. So he wasn't. He took a deep breath and forced a smile onto his face. He scratched the back of his head and pulled his ponytail back over his shoulder.

"No, no. Please don't worry about it. I was just a little surprised... To be honest this is the first time I've really talked to a land dweller in person before." He said looking off to the side and letting his body relax a bit try to not look like a cornered animal anymore. Not that he was actually corner it was a thirty step run to the water. "Um. I'm Arkone Neptus. It's nice to meet you." He said holding out his webbed hand to the unfamiliar troll putting on a pointy-toothed grin.

Maybe this wasn't supposed to be a scary situation. He had a chance to talk to a land dweller that wasn't on the internet through just awkward text posts. He could actually make friends here and he had to admit he was curious as to how the society of trolls really worked on the surface.
concernedApathy
concernedApathy
Anklebiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Thales Nestis Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:49 pm

"Oh. Well I'm Corbit Santan." He smiled and took the others hand and shook it softly. He smiled and then let go. "So Arkone its nice to meet you." He chuckled softly and watched the others motion with a very careful eye.

"Are you lost?" He asked as he looked toward the bush because of movement. As he turned back to the other troll a small white bunny pounched onto his back. Startled he fell down. He stood back and looked at the other. "Sorry about that Plush has a thing for sneak attacks...." He smiled again and held the small bunny.
Thales Nestis
Thales Nestis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedApathy Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:16 pm

"Yeah, it's very nice to meet you too, Corbit." Ark said with one sharp nod and a quick shake of the hand. He ran his hand through his bangs before letting it drop back down to his side. "Also," he laughed once, awkwardly, "you can just call me Ark." For a moment after saying it he thought that, perhaps, he was getting a little to close to this stranger already.

Was he lost? By the all powerful Condesce was he so hopelessly lost. He didn't get the chance to voice his dilemma though as the 'bunny' that Corbit had been looking for made a very sudden appearance, jumping at the younger troll. Ark took a couple steps backwards as Corbit fell. His nerves will pulled taut. He didn't know what he was supposed to expect.

He relaxed only when he felt the water lick at his ankles. His shoulders sank and he let out a sigh as the tension drained from his body.

Calming down, he took another step towards Corbit again. Ark was a little shocked to hear that Corbit's lusus had a name and he was suddenly burdened by questions. Did Corbit name his lusus himself? Or did it always have that name? Did Ark's own lusus have a name besides the one he called him by? Was naming a lusus a normal thing to do? But he didn't ask any of these questions.

"Actually, I am very lost," Ark said. "Would you be able to help me? I'm looking for a high cliff that looks out over the ocean. There's a small hive on top of it... maybe a lowblood hive..." he explained trying to recall the details of the cliff side that he had always been able to see from his hive below the waves. His gaze wandered over to the cliff a few meters away and. It was nowhere near high enough to be the one he was looking for, not to mention the lack of a hive on top of it.

"My lusus will be looking for me there." He said with a small, sad smile as he turned back to look at Corbit. He scratched his jawline thoughtfully with the long pointed, yellow nails at the ends of his webbed fingers; right up to his finned ears. "I'm sure he's worried about me..."
concernedApathy
concernedApathy
Anklebiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Thales Nestis Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:05 pm

Corbit listened carefully. "Now that you mentioned it while I was chasing my lusus here. I did see a large cliff. There was a hive but they chased me away. It was quite scary. The cliff was like HUGE!" He said making large motions with his arms and smiling.

"You can call me whatever you want for a nickname. I'm often mistaken as a girl so..." Before he could finish he turned around and started walking farther onto land. "We gotta hurry if we're gonna get to the hive before sun set." He turned back the other troll and winked and patted his bunny. He was waiting for the other to start walking.
Thales Nestis
Thales Nestis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:08 pm

Contact any of the Admins to have this moved out of the bin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down