Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Gambit Session: Escape Fate

3 posters

Go down

Gambit Session: Escape Fate Empty Gambit Session: Escape Fate

Post by rogueVirgo Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:19 pm

BACKGROUND

2408 is not a year that most would consider...optimal. The basics boil down to this: The Condescension is in charge, and uses the earth as a sort of resource dump while she tries to conquer other (more prime) planets to revive the troll race. As such, she eliminated human control long ago; the populace has been largely eliminated, and those left are forced to grow up in the City.

The City is a large expanse of housing units that function much like apartments - thousands of them, very tall, all lined up for miles and miles. Imagine a cityscape of only apartment complexes, all concrete (more functional than fashionable) and interconnected by cement roads, and you have a pretty good idea of what the City looks like.

It runs a lot like military camp, which is appropriate since most human will be selected to serve the Condescension's army (aka, act as fodder for interstellar war). Constant messages of "Obey" fill the background noise, and propaganda is direct. Posters of her Imperial Greatness are practically glued to every free space, and it is mandatory to have either the radio or television spewing loyalty speeches aggrandizing Condy.

It's also extremely easy to be declared disposable, and humans can be eliminated without much explanation. Broken bones and any other factor that may inhibit a person from being useful are justifiable reasons to be disposed of. Essentially, kids are raised from a young age to be as physically and mentally adept as possible - because a select few of the smartest children will be picked to enter The Tower.

From ages 1-18, humans are mostly just around to clean streets,

At 18, humans are split off into one of three groups:

Military and Troopers - Simple enough, you are picked to be shuffled onto the nearest shuttle and take up arms to serve the Condescension in battle. Or, you stay on earth and become a Trooper, an enforcer of the Condy's ridiculous laws. Most who pick the latter route are heartless, and selected for that very reason.
The Tower - Those who show a talent for technology, architecture, science, or medicine are left behind to progress the Earth's usefulness as a resource planet. Ship design, computer programming, weapon construction, housing developments, medicine and bio weapons - an endless list to be carried out by only the select few who pass the Tower screening.
Drones - In a word, Zookeepers. The most undesirable job, even when compared to the Military route. These unlucky few are neither mentally not physically prepared to be apart of the Military or Tower programs, but still aren't worth the effort it takes to kill. They are sent outside the City, with the job of finding and capturing Lusii creatures. They don't typically last long, and none have ever returned.
So, essentially Earth has become a dystopia where humans are raised and killed for the purpose of serving the Condescension's plans. Life is difficult and short - you get the picture.

THE PLOT

Due to a recent virus crashing the Imperial servers, an old site loses it's status as "banned" after the system reboot. For a short time, a torrent is available, and gets uploaded to the computers of a few teens taking the exam, to a few teens already on the tower, and perhaps elsewhere.

The error is quickly fixed, but the damage is done - what will these teens do now that a game called Sburb is resting on their desktops? Linked through the chat system known as Pesterchum, they must first decide what will happen if they do play, or if they should play at all.

The story starts with you.

Rules

1. Paragraph length, please!
2. No repeats of class or aspect.
3. Trolls and Humans are both allowed, but keep in mind that if you do have a troll character, there should be a reason they were on Earth. Don't worry too much though, we'll plot something out :)
4. A cap of six characters, a minimum of four.*
5. A max of two characters, though please wait until the topic has been up for a while to claim a second person.

*Extra slots can be added, though I'd like the number to be even and no more than 12.

List of Taken Titles
1. Mage of Time - Mira Cola
2. Knight of Doom - Vern Grader
3. Witch of Light

Last edited by rogueVirgo on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:43 am; edited 3 times in total
rogueVirgo
rogueVirgo
Greentyke

Boondollars : 15393

Back to top Go down

Gambit Session: Escape Fate Empty Re: Gambit Session: Escape Fate

Post by PerpetuallyAdroit Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:54 pm

This looks like a really cool idea. I'd like to sign up with Vern Grader, Knight of Doom. His profile is linked in my signature if you need to see it.
PerpetuallyAdroit
PerpetuallyAdroit
Moppet of Destiny

Capricorn Posts : 297
Boondollars : 17807

Back to top Go down

Post by rogueVirgo Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:05 am

He looks great! :)
rogueVirgo
rogueVirgo
Greentyke

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:06 pm

I would like to place a witch of light, that I shall be trying to post soon, to this
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Boondollars : 20611

Back to top Go down

Post by rogueVirgo Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:49 am

We are only one player away from starting this session! Thanks for the attention to this topic, guys!

Now, because we are so close to starting, I'd like to address that I talked with PerpetuallyAdriot, and found out that RP topics tend to die if we don't hit the ground running; in other words, RPs usually die pre-game.

That being said, I wanted to get everyone's opinion on starting already in game: hear me out. We will have everything planned in here rather than Rping the beginning. Order would still matter, server players and clients would still be a thing - just, all of that would be sort of a given. That way we can drop the exposition and leap right into the action.

What do you guys think?
rogueVirgo
rogueVirgo
Greentyke

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:24 pm

I want to start in the game, as I have my self brought this fact up to be discussed by the community here
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Boondollars : 20611

Back to top Go down

Post by rogueVirgo Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:37 am

Okay, sounds good! I'm going to give this two more days, and if no one else shows up, would everyone be comforable using/making a second character (one male/one female) - so there would be six characters total (which seems more natural than a three player session)?
rogueVirgo
rogueVirgo
Greentyke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down