Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Session anyone? (CLOSED)

+4
cythereanCallipygous
avidBowmaster
maieuticEpimenides
GnomeCat
8 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Session anyone? (CLOSED) - Page 5 Empty Re: Session anyone? (CLOSED)

Post by cythereanCallipygous Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:22 pm

While you're at classpect analysis, how would a Thief of Space act out?
cythereanCallipygous
cythereanCallipygous
Plucky Tot

Libra Posts : 64
Boondollars : 19489

http://www.lunaescence.com/fics/viewuser.php?uid=33108

Back to top Go down

Post by Thales Nestis Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:54 pm

I stick Mary anywhere in the loop then I'll reply.
Thales Nestis
Thales Nestis
Admin

Scorpio Posts : 2828
Boondollars : 21704
My Pet : gay-llama
My /Other/ Pet : TheChaotic1scalemate

https://homestuckrole-play.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by maieuticEpimenides Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:51 pm

Okay. I'm late. But. CLASSPECTS. YAY. Thief of Space mini-description it is.

Space is associated with the following: birth, creativity, appearances, creation, and, you know, space. Physical dimensions and all that. Not going to go too much into that, because I'm trying to keep this short and simple.

Thieves always think that they lack their aspect, which motivates them to take it.

So a Thief of Space will start out with the belief that they're lacking in the creative department, a messy person with low expectations of her ability to produce anything. Stuff like that. And of course, she'd want people to go away and... give her space!

Acting-out wise, this means that the Thief of Space might wind up pushing her friends away, taking the space away from them. They could draw closer together as the Thief moves herself further away. But she could take their creativity and productivity away as well, I suppose--separating herself to accomplish and progress on her own, while her friends are left useless together.

That's all I've got right now. I might have more ideas later on, but yeah. That's all. (Also, Thief of Space is number thirteen on the list of madness, so I'll force myself to expand on the title then. It's the list of madness now. Obviously.)
maieuticEpimenides
maieuticEpimenides
Lodestar Youth

Leo Posts : 384
Boondollars : 19837

Back to top Go down

Post by cythereanCallipygous Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:19 pm

Now your list of madness makes me curious.

Who's number one?
cythereanCallipygous
cythereanCallipygous
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by maieuticEpimenides Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:27 pm

The Knight of Blood! You know, Karkat. I had mysterious forces of randomness arrange the whole shebang for me. Basically, I'm trying to write up in-depth text walls about all the titles. All of them. It's over here. I've done up to number seven, but I've been procrastinating. So I'm supposed to be working on number eight/the Mage of Doom/SOLLUX. And come up with a hypothetical scenario regarding numbers 5-8 that can be connected in some way with the word "nonsolvability." It's basically a silly game I'm playing with myself. How long will I last?

I'm betting on a week or two before a complete mental breakdown from the constant, gigantic text walls I've put out or something. But I shall prove myself wrong! I'm seeing this thing all the way through to number 144, you see if I don't! (But that's just my current attitude.)
maieuticEpimenides
maieuticEpimenides
Lodestar Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by sentientSound Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:13 am

Kay, got some time. Gonna insert myself now and read up later. This way I'll be in the session and I can catch up on details in due time. I think the most important this is to get a post in before I'm booted, yeah? Lousy goddamned stupid country internet connections. XD anyway.

=> Silan: Integrate self into session.
sentientSound
sentientSound
Anklebiter

Sagittarius Posts : 114
Boondollars : 19555
Location : Land of Mist and Glow | Land of Malice and Colosseums

Back to top Go down

Post by maieuticEpimenides Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:06 am

Terrific! 

If you're looking to catch up, don't forget to read THE LIST. My obsessive updating means that Silan's on there already. So it has the current status of all the players and a couple explanatory bits.

I WOULD put a summary of EVERYTHING THAT'S HAPPENED SO FAR, but something tells me that would be the worst idea ever.

On the other hand, I might make a summary later of ALL THE EVENTS ALL OF THEM THAT IS UP TO (PARTICULAR DATE) (PARTICULAR TIME). Because the chaos must be, you know, examined closely and ordered in a fashion that makes sense to me because then I feel better about the world and stuff.

Maybe when Auriel puts Mary in? That might be a good time for a grand summary.
maieuticEpimenides
maieuticEpimenides
Lodestar Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:24 am

i would agree we should close the session

Back to top Go down

Post by maieuticEpimenides Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:29 am

Agreed.

(But we should still probably let Mary Shingle join the numbered ranks of players. She can be the exception. Another Space player is good. Especially with the double-loop situation thing.)
maieuticEpimenides
maieuticEpimenides
Lodestar Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:47 am

i second that but then 2 knight players might be needed, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by maieuticEpimenides Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:12 am

Nope! The main reason is because there are two separate chains of players. In what situation would different loops connect, then?

SPACE PLAYER GATES, THAT'S HOW.

I mean, maybe. That's what I think should happen. Each Space player can have an additional gate linking them to the other loop. Crazy space shenanigans.
maieuticEpimenides
maieuticEpimenides
Lodestar Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:37 am

wait that would mean then possibly that they could bring players from one loop to another if so i am in love with this session and all of its crazyness

Back to top Go down

Post by cythereanCallipygous Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:38 am

TROLL TO HUMAN EMBRACES
Karkat, hold on to your hoofbeasts.
cythereanCallipygous
cythereanCallipygous
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by GnomeCat Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:14 pm

Okay then the hotel didn't have internet so sorry about my disappearance!
And I hope I'm not being to much of a bother when asking about Lalnia's god tier...
But they have never been my strong point.
I was always more into having random extensive knowledge of players and such!
If you could help me out with Lalnia's god tier stuff it would very much help with my part in the storyline.

I'll close this up now but Mary will be allowed to join because she already has replied to THIS topic!
GnomeCat
GnomeCat
Stoutrunt

Aquarius Posts : 409
Boondollars : 19834

Back to top Go down

Post by maieuticEpimenides Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:02 pm

Witch of Void? Okay! Let's see.

Witches are always pretty enthusiastic, I must say! They always start out nice and sweet and all with some kind of interest in their aspect. This may or may not have to do with the fact that, most of the time, they'll be aided/be aiding some kind of powerful figure related to the aspect in question! This extremely potent individual isn't necessarily malevolent or benevolent, but in any case the Witch usually has to figure out a way to control it or keep it in check, if she wants to be successful.

Void heroes, as explicitly stated by Calliope, "preside over the essence of lack, or nothingness. the obfUscation of knowledge, or its oUtright destrUction." So power-wise, this would mean an ability to control and manipulate secrets and stuff like that, and most definitely the ability to cause/move blackouts!

In the game, a Witch of Void then might (accidentally?) do things such as keep crucial information the others, possibly causing secrets to arise without her even knowing it. If another, enemy force were to cause a blackout, though, I guess the Witch could also move the blackout elsewhere! Can't find your target? The Witch of Void will make it so that your target won't find you! Et cetera, et cetera.

The thing is, a Witch is almost never going to start out much in the forefront of anything. They might be leading, or provide information, or hold some position of power, but for the most part they start out weak. For the Witch of Void, I can imagine some secretive figure or secrets/lack of knowledge themselves/itself holding her back. Maybe NOTHING will be holding her back; you could work with that. I don't know. The important thing is how she deals with it.

Hopefully, she's able to find a way to work with the Void she's always been controlled by to some extent, allowing her to fully mature and all that good stuff.
maieuticEpimenides
maieuticEpimenides
Lodestar Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by GnomeCat Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:33 pm

Thanks!
It is much appreciated!
GnomeCat
GnomeCat
Stoutrunt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:30 am

hey i already did some reaserch on knights and breath and even found a tumblr explaination of it but i would really be happy if i could get a explaination here that we could all agree on.

Back to top Go down

Post by bluefire31 Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:59 pm

Could you maybe do an explanation on a Monk of Doom? I got my own ideas, but a monk is discribed as
"One who is the pysical Emobiment of x" And whatever else, IF YOU WANT A CHALLENGE OR NOT. :>
bluefire31
bluefire31
Rascalsprat

Aries Posts : 646
Boondollars : 20511
My Pet : Dramatic Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by maieuticEpimenides Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:07 pm

More titles! Classpects! Yesss. Okay.

Breath, generally, can be equated to literal wind/air/breath (RUFIOH STOLE HORUSS'S BREATH AWAY), freedom, redirection, and movement.

Knights are characterized by two things, usually:
1) A hidden fear or insecurity about their aspect and themselves, covered up by some facade that implies quite the opposite.
2) Despite insecurity, being extremely good at working with their aspect from the get-go!

So the Knight of Breath will begin with some deep worry regarding Breath. Perhaps he/she's been held down for as long as he/she can remember, and perhaps often talks about how wonderful having room to breathe would be. Freedom? He/she's all for it! Freedom is the best thing ever. Nothing beats freedom. But when push comes to shove, the Knight will fear eventually letting go and being independent, on his/her own.

In the game, though, the Knight will have to face Breath and everything he/she's worried about for so long, somehow. His/her guardian will most certainly vanish or perish in some way; this will most likely be a huge turning point if the guardian's played a decent role in tying the Knight down. But he/she'll find that he/she possesses the remarkable ability to manipulate the air and provide direction and movement and action on his/her own. The worst case scenario is for the Knight to succumb to his/her fears and withdraw inside his/her pretended enjoyment of being free. As always.

Best case scenario is that the Knight realizes his/her own potential and ability to succeed on his/her own, thus freeing him/herself.

Basically? Those are just some general thoughts. And now the Monk of Doom. Okay.

Doom is a little difficult to describe, but it's related to sacrifice, death (that's more Time, though), structure, loss. The Monk should embody as much.

Enidia becoming a sprite works well for this. She's become a part of the game, part of the structure and bound by the rules. Loss will inevitably accumulate around her, whether or not she wants it to. Some players might even die or come close to as such as a result of even well-intentioned actions on her part; deaths may even come for a good reason, sacrifices for a greater purpose. Perhaps someone WILL have to kill Enidia in order to ensure success, or at least keep her contained for some amount of time in some way. It's hard to tell. But there are my ideas.
maieuticEpimenides
maieuticEpimenides
Lodestar Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:59 pm

ok sorry but this is just me not understanding but is the knight of breath basically a person that may be someone that has had a lack of freedome and wants it? In the case of the guardian maybe keeping him down and under protection taking away his freedome?

Back to top Go down

Post by maieuticEpimenides Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:05 pm

Rather, he's just got a fear of Breath! The reason of this usually stems from inexperience, which you can equate to lack. And he will pretend he accepts/embraces Breath (which you can interpret as freedom), but he'll be generally pretty worried.
maieuticEpimenides
maieuticEpimenides
Lodestar Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by GnomeCat Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:32 pm

It is certainly interesting learning about all of these god teirs :3 !
GnomeCat
GnomeCat
Stoutrunt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:14 am

So my character might become afraid like dave is right now. Being to afraid to use his powers? So he is someone that would ultimately love freedome but is afraid of it himself... ugh i am not understanding classes all that well

Back to top Go down

Post by maieuticEpimenides Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:08 am

YES! DAVE IS AN EXCELLENT EXAMPLE. But you have to look at his beginnings, too. Check out his collection of preserved dead stuff. He was scared of death, you know. But how does a Knight address that? By keeping dead stuff in his room, because that makes sense.

KARKAT IS ALSO AN EXCELLENT EXAMPLE. (cough cough angry friendship blood etc.)

Because, you know. They're KNIGHTS.
maieuticEpimenides
maieuticEpimenides
Lodestar Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by sentientSound Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:53 am

Hey. Speaking of. Is Athsma a good allusion to being a prince of breath? I thought I had it pretty good.
sentientSound
sentientSound
Anklebiter

Sagittarius Posts : 114
Boondollars : 19555
Location : Land of Mist and Glow | Land of Malice and Colosseums

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next