Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

The Fair Folk (Elves)

2 posters

Go down

The Fair Folk (Elves) Empty The Fair Folk (Elves)

Post by TheChaotic1 Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:41 pm

Racial Name: The Fair Folk
Nick Names: Elves (Singular Elf). Erlking, name given to a legendary elf with all elven features.
Genders?: Elves have two sexs and many genders. There are no intersex elves because elves never have genetic mutations or disorders.
Average Life span: 1000 years (1300 for high elves)

General Appearance: There are four distinct kinds of elf, with four distinct physical features.

• Dark elves have dark sapphire skin.
  • Grey elves have large deer-like antlers, regardless of sex.
  • Wood elves have sharp teeth and are tall.
  • High elves have solid color eyes, including their eyelashes.

Elves are all very slender, androgynous, and a bit short, except for wood elves who are tall. Their hair colors run the full gambit of the rainbow. Elves have pearly white skin, that is lightly reflective, except for the dark elves who have sapphire skin, also a bit reflective.
Elf eyes are always black, with a similar shade to their hair color as the color of what would be the "whites" on a human. All elf blood is lime green.
Elves do not wear their symbol outwardly,

Common Personality: A little douchy, in general they think they know better than anyone else, and are pretty vain. There are few elves who suffer from any negative thoughts about themselves. They are artistic and patient, willing to wait very long times to get what they want.

Society:Elf society is based on the many principles of deals, contracts, and debt. No elf can break their word, but they will gladly and willfully misrepresent their intentions constantly. They value intelligence and creativity above all other things, and will congratulate someone who has been able to trick them, even if they are literally going to die. Elves hold few grudges. They try to maintain long long lasting friendships though. They do not mourn the dead, but instead celebrate their passing to the next realm.
Home Planet: Arcadia is a lush green world with small freshwater oceans, there are many forests and prairies, where monstrous insects abound. There are four primary areas where elves come from, though they are prolific in every biome. The first is The Hedge, a labyrinthine plain with lurking vines and hedge bushes. The Grey Elves originated there. Next we have the many great woods of Ferngully, where the wood elves make their home. To the north and south there are Frostmoor and The Pale, the twin homes of the high elves. Last but certainly not least, is the Underdark, the home of the dark elves, few wander much farther then their capitol of Silkhome, for in that darkness dwells the spiders, looking for any suitable plaything for their dark queen.
Each season is a year long on Arcadia because of its slow orbit, after all four it is a rotation.

Relationships:Elves feel two kinds of love, the want to protect, yin, and the want to own, yang. If you feel both for someone, and they feel both for you, it is called a true dao. True Dao is not taken lightly, and can take decades to form one. However you can have flirty false daos all the time, but you must forge a true dao from a false one, it is like emotional and permanent marriage, which forms an unbreakable bond between your souls. So no one is getting a true dao anytime soon in RP.

Reproduction: Elves reproduce like humans, but don't care for their own young.
Guardians: Elves raise their children communally, but after 2 rotations (8 earth years) they are taken in by a master who raises them to 5 rotations old, then they go out on their own.
Symbol Rules: Based on divination symbols. Their power is also based on this, for example someone might have the tarot card the hanged man and have a noose.

Naming Conventions: They have one name, just use THIS GENERATOR to choose one.
Racial powers: You get a power based on your symbol's meaning, but you don't choose, TheChaotic1 (Me) chooses what symbols give what powers. Be warned they are shitty. Side note, elves have access to magic, but its not overly common (1 in 12 is a wizard).
Attributes:Elves use their minds to do battle, but are quite dexterous if needed.
Traits:Elves wear clothing that is colorful and whimsical, usually to match their hair, though there are some who reject this and wear other things, which is common and in no way looked down upon.
IM System: Meddler (X began meddling with Y)
Typing rules: They type in their hair color, and might have quirks based on their symbol's meaning.

Other:
You need to do some research on whatever symbol you give them, because it has a great effect on their life and personality.
The first guardian of the elves is Lolth, who lurks deep in the underdark.

Last edited by TheChaotic1 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
TheChaotic1
TheChaotic1
Sepulchritude

Gemini Posts : 1329
Boondollars : 23820
My Pet : Blue Dragon Hatchling
My /Other/ Pet : EYES

Back to top Go down

The Fair Folk (Elves) Empty Re: The Fair Folk (Elves)

Post by TheChaotic1 Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:42 am

And here are some random fair folk examples! Grey-Wood-Dark-High
The Fair Folk (Elves) GREY_zps17c811f5 The Fair Folk (Elves) WOOD_zps5fdb4a72
The Fair Folk (Elves) DARK_zps6653a0fa The Fair Folk (Elves) HIGH_zpsd7597710

((These are adoptable except for the Grey))

Last edited by TheChaotic1 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
TheChaotic1
TheChaotic1
Sepulchritude

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChaotic1 Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:58 am

"My son, wherefore seek'st thou thy face thus to hide?"
"Look, father, the Erl-King is close by our side!
Dost see not the Erl-King, with crown and with train?"
"My son, 'tis the mist rising over the plain."
The Fair Folk (Elves) ERLKING_zpsf93c99fe
TheChaotic1
TheChaotic1
Sepulchritude

Back to top Go down

Post by dexterousSurvivalist Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:07 am

Approved.
dexterousSurvivalist
dexterousSurvivalist
Admin

Aquarius Posts : 725
Boondollars : 23252

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChaotic1 Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:59 pm

On elf genetics:

Elves cannot mutate, and their genes are complicated, but basically they have two slots for their race, and each race has two genetic variables to give. It is a lot like hair actually.
Say that H is dominant highelf, and h is recessive high elf. Then D is dom dark, and d is recess dark.
Elf breeds trump each other like so High>Wood>Dark>*Gray, but then Gray>High

If the Hh and Dd breed the four outcomes are HD,Hd,Dh,hd. Which means that 3/4 options are high elf.

Then say you have a Dg and HW
HD, WD, Hg, Wg
Two high and two wood.

Then there is DG and Ww
WD, Dw, WG, Gw
Two wood, a dark, and a gray.

Also, ELF dancestors have the opposite color hair.
TheChaotic1
TheChaotic1
Sepulchritude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down