Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Super Tabletop Homestuck Game! - Guardians and a mini prequel???

5 posters

Go down

Super Tabletop Homestuck Game! - Guardians and a mini prequel??? Empty Super Tabletop Homestuck Game! - Guardians and a mini prequel???

Post by duelingThoughts Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:53 pm

Hey there. You have meandered into this thread. Luckily you should be at the very least 5 of 11 potential readers involved in the "Super Tabletop Homestuck Game!" Thread thingy. In the chat box we have discussed various things mostly pertaining to the fleshing out of our Mandrakes.

As we all know, they are plant people because plant people rule. However there is some obvious vague-stuff that needs unvagueifying! The most notable thing needing desperate cleaning up is the issue of Guardians.

We are plant people, so we shoot of seeds into the horizon and hope they find a nice place to takes roots in. But where do we go from there? Other Mandrakes? Special animals? Random animals? BEE2????

Up to you.

There also was some discussion on a possible mini-prequel so bide time while we wait for the rest of the 6-7 other writers who haven't completed their characters yet. There are two main thoughts to this. We could either have all our current characters discover each other and form pre-game relationships. OR we could do an ancestor-esque type deal where we play as key characters in history that form up our lore.

Up to you.

Discuss!
duelingThoughts
duelingThoughts
Lodestar Youth

Virgo Posts : 399
Boondollars : 19363

Back to top Go down

Super Tabletop Homestuck Game! - Guardians and a mini prequel??? Empty Re: Super Tabletop Homestuck Game! - Guardians and a mini prequel???

Post by duelingThoughts Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:12 pm

I have not much to contribute in the guardian department, taking a kinda impartial status on it, but I think it would be really cool to free form some ancient figures!

I know with at least my character, she is part of an ancient organization known as the Guild of Abyss. I think it would be pretty cool to play as the character that founded it, to give me a better feel of what its all about other than "Kakti is apart of this thing where she kills people and is emo".

So yeah! It would also be really cool to make pre-game history for our personal characters.
duelingThoughts
duelingThoughts
Lodestar Youth

Back to top Go down

Super Tabletop Homestuck Game! - Guardians and a mini prequel??? Empty Re: Super Tabletop Homestuck Game! - Guardians and a mini prequel???

Post by Damnationsedge Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:14 pm

Well ancestor characters would require the usual connected aspect different class thing but obviously wouldn't need to be fleshed out as much so that could be fun. Plus they could conceivably be high level and give us a chance to raise some hell before we're put into our basic level characters.
Damnationsedge
Damnationsedge
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Leo Posts : 263
Boondollars : 17725

Back to top Go down

Post by duelingThoughts Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:20 pm

Yeah that's the basic concept. but when I say "ancestors" they don't actually have anything to do with our Mandrakes in the game. They can be in some way if you want, but it will not be made a requirement because BK doesn't like making our race too similar to the trolls... since trolls are trolls and we are our own thing.
duelingThoughts
duelingThoughts
Lodestar Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardly Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:07 pm

I do like the existing characters meeting up idea..

I'd find it hilarious to see the other guys just stare as a giant mosh of poison ivy run at them, flirting... Heheheh...

I see some form of ancestors needed however. Maybe not ancestors particularly- but something like... Pollinators. Someone who tended to the land in which they landed, that also becoming a scratch option for them. If you know what I mean.

Possible pollinator app:

Name: Pollinator {10 letter name}
Mutation: {An off-breed of the other character's theme. For example, Itchy's Pollinator could have Poison Oak as a mutation.}
History: {He sat on a log and petted a dog, decided that pollinating the land would become a high demand.}

OH SHIT
Cardly
Cardly
Dungeon Master

Boondollars : 20245
My Pet : Red Dragon Hatchling
My /Other/ Pet : Eridan Ampora Llama

Back to top Go down

Post by Meta Knight Fan Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:42 pm

I like the idea of ancestor/guardians, not necessarily connected to our characters by blood/pollen/whatever you wanna call it. O:

Maybe they'd have tastes and such that could help us with the whole prototyping once we're in the Medium and all that stuff, just to contrast a bit with our own characters' interests.

Also, yay for pre-sburb session RP!
Meta Knight Fan
Meta Knight Fan
Greentyke

Boondollars : 17406

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnationsedge Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:27 pm

Well are they in the alpha or beta game session?
Damnationsedge
Damnationsedge
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by duelingThoughts Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:36 pm

I think so far the only thing we do have for sure is an Alpha session. Beta session is a maybe depending on how successful this thing is, but we need to plan ahead in case that does happen to be a possibility.

Either that or I just outright don't understand your question.
duelingThoughts
duelingThoughts
Lodestar Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnationsedge Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:59 pm

I mean as in how John and his crew were playing the second session after the first human players, would these ancestors have been the previous sburb players.
Damnationsedge
Damnationsedge
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by duelingThoughts Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:12 pm

That would be confusing and complicated, but hey, that's homestuck. I'll let others pitch in on their feelings about that.
duelingThoughts
duelingThoughts
Lodestar Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by Meta Knight Fan Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:44 pm

I'm cool with us being either Alphas or Betas, really. Either way I think we should have our guardian figures with cool interests like our characters like I said before. O:
Meta Knight Fan
Meta Knight Fan
Greentyke

Back to top Go down

Post by duelingThoughts Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:57 pm

Okay, so I think the verdict on our mini-prequel thing is a quick ancestor sorta thing?

Any other ideas on the guardian subject?
duelingThoughts
duelingThoughts
Lodestar Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnationsedge Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:34 pm

Well giant insects seem a little close to a lusus, so maybe pretty ordinary sized insects care for them in hives or colonies.
Damnationsedge
Damnationsedge
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:47 pm

i like that idea. everyone can have a semi intelligenet swarm of bees that provides for them while protecting them
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Boondollars : 20641

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnationsedge Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:02 am

Bees, wasps, scarabs, butterflies, ants, locusts, mantis, ladybugs, moths, termites, weevils, dragonflies, pillbugs, centipedes, rhino beetles, whatever insects can serve as guides for them and fend off aphids from taking bites out of the little ones.

As for the Alpha/Beta thing if we play as the ancestors it could be a way to introduce everyone to the play style with overpowered characters, so if we cock up we're still safe and ready to go. For example we could play the alpha ancestor characters in their battle on skaia wiping out dersians like flies before having their boss fight against the Black King. A short session to give everyone an idea of how to play as well as provide backstory for our ancestors (we need to think of the right word to refer to them with) and how so many things in our beta session will tie in. After all interconnectivity is one of the things that makes Homestuck fun and do we really want our session to be any less grand and out there than the humans or trolls.
Damnationsedge
Damnationsedge
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardly Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:04 am

Damnationsedge wrote:we could play the alpha ancestor characters in their battle on skaia wiping out dersians like flies before having their boss fight against the Black King. A short session to give everyone an idea of how to play as well as provide backstory for our ancestors

This needs to happen.
Dibs for Bard of Hope as Itchy's ancestor! OH SHIT
Cardly
Cardly
Dungeon Master

Boondollars : 20245
My Pet : Red Dragon Hatchling
My /Other/ Pet : Eridan Ampora Llama

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:41 pm

here's the problem with that....you'd all have to make new characters. un less you're willing to let me make them. I'd let you guys have freedom over the personality, but the stats and powers i would set up.

Also, Anime Freak has a very interesting idea. He suggested that when to parent Mandrakes meet, they could fuse together and create a sorta fortress home for their child, which is one of few fertilized seeds the female is carrying before the fusion occurs. The child would spend much of their early life within this living house, and would learn from the parent sin some way, like maybe the trees grow fruit on the inside that holds bits of the parents knowledge and teachings.
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Meta Knight Fan Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:24 pm

I wouldn't mind making an Alpha from the start. o:

Frankly, if we used prerolled characters in the test session we'd totally kill any roleplay and it'd just be crunching numbers.

Meta Knight Fan
Meta Knight Fan
Greentyke

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:26 pm

also, maybe the practice game will kill enthusiasm? IDK, I'm just not to sure about using character other then the ones you've made already.
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Damnationsedge Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:59 pm

I'm fine with them being prerolled on stats and just developing personalities, it means we'll still be eager to get to our own characters for complete control and make the ancestors feel like totally different people, not just someone else we made. Makes us connect with our characters because they're the only ones we have control over, plus the practice only needs to be short.
Damnationsedge
Damnationsedge
Kneehigh Pilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:06 pm

hmm, true. i guess you have a point.

I'll leave it for you guys to vote on
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by duelingThoughts Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:06 pm

I think we are collectively agreeing that A thread needs to happen, we just don't know any of the details. Maybe you could just... start something and we go wild?

I don't even think we need stats, because we'll either be playing our own characters prior to the game, and/or we'll be playing strangers who won't have any direct effect on our characters.

I say we just wing it until you get the OC for the real shenanigans.
duelingThoughts
duelingThoughts
Lodestar Youth

Back to top Go down

Post by Meta Knight Fan Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:28 pm

Hmm...pre rolled but we determine personality and stuff...I'd be down for that. But yeah, regardless of what the choice is, it'd be nice to start something soon. o:
Meta Knight Fan
Meta Knight Fan
Greentyke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down