Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Sburb: Schooled RP

2 posters

Go down

Sburb: Schooled RP Empty Sburb: Schooled RP

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:01 pm

Sburb: Schooled
Sburb: Schooled RP Tumblr_static_sburb
---

==> Become the confused test taker

Sburb: Schooled RP 2qn9s11

You are now SHAY WHEELER, and you have enjoyed Earth's hospitality for the past seventeen years. You have spent this time learning VALUABLE skills, such as your meaningless talent for MARBLES and occasionally darts. Your collection of fairly won marbles if actually fairly impressive, if you do say so yourself - and you don't actually have to, considering your prize RIBBONS speak for you. But marbles aren't the only thing you're into, as you've dedicated a lot of time into BONES; dead things are awesome, and that's really all that needs to be said for skeletons. Aside from the saxophone, you're last major hobby includes playing with your pet rat STOMP.
Sburb: Schooled RP Sw7aqv
You are currently at your computer in your room, staring half-heartedly at the disc your school sent you - it's JUST your luck that YOU were picked for randomized testing; the last thing you want to do is download this thing and -ugh- actually use it.
==> Shay: Procrastinate!
At the suggestion, you open a program that the disc came with - it's called Schoolchum, which is an obvious ripoff of the popular IM system, Pesterchum. The school gave an account to everyone who was part of testing, so they could "connect" and "share information" or whatever - honestly, the speech was cheesy so you didn't read all of it.
Regardless, you made an account. Your handle is sulphideSkeleton and you type in a decisively teal color. Your typing style is pretty free form, just like you - save, of course, for precise spelling and occasional respect for grammar.
==> Shay: Open Group Chat
Yeah, that sounds like a decent idea - besides, it would be nice to know who was chosen to take this thing with you. Honestly, the instructions were kind of vaugue, and you're not really sure what you should be doing right now; aside from "download the disc", there weren't too many guidelines.
--sulphideSkeleton [SS] opened a Memo--
[SS]: um
[SS]: so who all got this test anyway?

Back to top Go down

Sburb: Schooled RP Empty Re: Sburb: Schooled RP

Post by MrCammaster4 Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:19 pm

==> Become the other guy

You are now PETE NAPIER. You are 16 years old. You are an avid PATRIOT and LOVE AMERICA. Though you don't really care for politics. Over the time of your residence on Earth, you have taken a very large interest in FIREARMS, particularly ones that fall under the SHOTGUN category. You are currently maintaining a shotgun while occasionally glancing at your cell phone. You find everything about guns interesting, much more than you do school. Speaking of school....

==> Glance at program disc

You glance at the program disc your school has given to you. You cringe slightly at what was going through the higher ups heads when they chose you for the testing. This makes your killer aviators slip down your face.

==> Fix aviators

You push the aviators back up onto the bridge of your nose. You notice that someone has messaged you on the Schoolchum program. You had half heartedly made an account and called yourself patrioticHooligan and you type with a dark blue color. You type with proper capitalization but nothing more than the occasional period.

==> Check Schoolchum

You stand up and check Schoolchum. You see one of your fellow testers has started a group message and decide to respond to the post. You might as well try to make friends with these people.

[PH]: Yo
[PH]: Though Im surprised I was chosen by the school to take the test
MrCammaster4
MrCammaster4
Plucky Tot

Boondollars : 17893

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:00 pm

==> Shay: Read Message

You are once again Shay, and have spent the past several minutes peeling into one of your favorite foods - and by that, you mean to say that you're trip to the fridge has been successful. You've managed to successfully obtain a yogurt cup; but not only that, you have secured a cube of cheese for Stomp - who is hanging out on a hammock you've set up for him on your desk. He's so cute in it, you don't even have the heart to move it away from the computer. Instead you just give him the cheese before sitting down at your seat.
Still, the idea of actually getting to work is painful - it's not that you're bad at school (in fact, you make pretty decent grades), but you're seriously not comfortable not knowing how long this is going to take. Plus, from how it was so cryptically explained, the test would be team based...which is both confusing and rather terrifying to you.
But regardless, it's good to get a feel for these people now rather than later. Besides, you're all in the same boat.

==> Shay..the Message?

Oh right. You set the yogurt down and carefully balance the spoon on the rimmed opening as you read, thankful to have gotten a reply so quickly.

[SS]: hey :) glad i'm not the only one on here haha
[SS]: and yeah, i know :/ this whole thing is kind of out of my depth too
[SS]: so did you download the disc yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by MrCammaster4 Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:31 pm

==> Ask Jeffery for pizza

You are once again Pete. You start to feel hungry after another boring day at school. You shout to your older brother Jeffery to order some pizza. The computer notifies you of another message.

==> Read the message

You read the message. After reading it, you glance down at the program disc. You really don't care to be a part of this test, but the school threatened failure of the year if you didn't participate. Your older brother also threatened to take away your precious guns if that happened.

==> Download program

You put the disc into your computer. You can hear the computer whirring as it processes the disc. A download screen appears on your computer screen.

[PH]: Maybe the others will be here soon
[PH]: And what kind of test is this anyway It was never really explained
[PH]: I am now. If I dont then it wont get done at all for me
MrCammaster4
MrCammaster4
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by CeruleanHeratic Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:47 am

==> Be the Gunslinging Gentleman

You are now WESSON ALMERE, and you are one of the select Beta testers chosen among the student body by the school system. You have lived quite a long time on this planet you call Earth, and are very thankful for it, as you have developed a plethora of skills, some of which many consider superhuman. One such knack is your fondness for MARKSMANSHIP, which you've honed to the point of near perfect accuracy. You have experience with various weapons, mainly your TWO TWIN REVOLVERS, which constantly rest at your side. Though you usually have no problem handling a persisting scavenger, there are times where you must make a 'tactical withdrawal' as you perfer to call it. It is another place you shine brightly in. Though you train these skills daily, there's another thing you've dedicated your time to, and that is playing your GUITAR. From what you researched, it appears to be a Gibson Les Paul, an instrument usually accompanied by an amplifier, but you use it just fine with out it. Aside from playing some of your favorite tracks, you always make sure to put some time aside to spend with the pale White bird perched on your shoulder, which you've been referring to as Ravenmom. You are currently resting under a nice, cool shade with your laptop in hand, looking at various firearms with your guitar beside you. Accompanying it in it's case are several papers and a disk given to you when you were chosen as a Beta tester. You're curious about the reflective disk, but somewhat cautious of it, as it gives of an uneasy vibe. You're unsure what to do with it, though.

==> Wesson: Tune Guitar.

Although you find the disembodied voice rather strange, you do as it asks anyway. You reach over for the sturdy device and uncover it from it's cloth prison. Twisting and turning the keys on the instrument's stock, you pluck at the strings to ensure they are on the right tune. Just as you were about to finish, you saw two fellow BT's having a slight conversation. Considering you had nothing better to do, you decide to join in in the cooperation.

==> Wesson: Log in.

You suppose you can set some time apart to converse with others, you don't have much to do anyhow. You open Schoolchum and sign in. Your handle is tealNomad, and much like the Shay girl, you too type in a Teal hue, your's being slightly darker. You try to use absolute perfect punctuation, and capitalize things such as colors and such.

[TN]: Erm... Hello, I suppose.

[TN]: I hope everyone is fine.
CeruleanHeratic
CeruleanHeratic
Knight of Void

Taurus Posts : 330
Boondollars : 26584
My Pet : b-llama
My /Other/ Pet : TheChaotic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:53 am

==> Enter player four

-- precognitiveIgnition [PI] has entered the channel --
[PI] : ****
[PI] : aw cmon this is basically ****in pesterchum that some ****** just put **** over
[PI] : ************
[PI] : yeah okay why would i expect them to not censor **** thats just ****in asking for it
[PI] : fu(kers
[PI] : ...hah!  ok ****in what the **** are any of us doing here this is bull****

==> INTRODUCE

You're pretty sure that was just accomplished.  You just introduced yourself.  See?  Messages on the screen and fukken everything.  What else couldjya want?

Oh.  Yeah.  Names and shit.  Okay, sure, you can manage that.

You are now JACK KARLEIGH, albeit briefly.  You've been unceremoniously shoved in front of a computer and ordered to take a mandatory voluntary test the school sent your OLDER SISTER.  You're not really sure why, to be honest.  Your grades are crap, your reliability is even crappier, and your attitude is the crap de la crap over this sort of thing.  Some fleck of pessimism at the back of your mind is almost certain that you've been selected so that whoever's running the test has something to put at the bottom end of the bell curve.  On that note, you've already lost one of the discs somewhere in your spartanly-furnished bedroom, and are using it as an excuse to procrastinate further.

But what about you?  Fuck the test, you're more interesting.  You're sure of it.

==>VIEW PLAYER

Sburb: Schooled RP 0qUZ2dd

You are THE BEST PUNK and also POSSIBLY THE WORST STUDENT AT SCHOOL.  You are loud, belligerent, uncouth, brutish, short-tempered, brash and generally difficult, and you are damn proud of all of the above.  That said, though, your friends still think you're cool and kind of funny, if a little weird, so that's fine.  You're also pretty damn STRONG, you're good with fireworks, a pretty rock-worthy guitarist, and above all else, you're good with an axe.

As for your interests?  Well, look on the walls.  You love metal, hard rock, heavy rock, grunge, punk, prog metal, prog rock, power metal, hair metal, thrash metal, classic rock, classic metal... basically, if it has at least two electric guitars, you're probably diggin' it.  That aside, youre huge on anti-authoritarianism, you hate the rich, you're a big fan of anarchy and antiestablishmentarianism, and you're pretty big on rights and freedoms.  All that aside?  You have a largely secret love of communist literature and philosophy, though you don't let that show very often.  Power to the people, man.  The rich never did shit for you - they never do shit for anyone but themselves.  Fuck 'em.

So yeah.  You.  Computer.  People online.  Guitar.  Bored now.  Got the idea yet?  Cool, let's see what the fuck these other people have to say.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:06 am

==> Return to being Shay

You are once again Shay, and boy have things livened up around the chatroom you set up. There's four people on right now, and you're not entirely sure who all of them are; in fact, you're positively clueless as to every single person's identity. You don't recognize a single person's typing style, and you confirm that not even one of your usual friends got pinned for this nonsensical test.
Great.
But still, they all seem nice enough - PH, the first one on, is pretty nice, and you decide to follow this guy's lead and start downloading your own copy.
With a practiced sigh you grab the discs from under Stomp's makeshift hammock, ignoring his little squeak of protest as you push the disc marked "Server" in to be downloaded first.
While that's being taken care of, you pull up Schoolchum to reply to the two other kids who have joined into the Memo, which is now sporting a darker-toned teal text using school-worthy syntax, and a line of censored swear words that blaze red across your screen.

==> Shay: Reply

[SS]: hey :)
[SS]: okay like PH said the rules are kind of sketchy
[SS]: all i know is that we are supposed to download those discs
[SS]: and i think working together is a theme?

You pause, sort of lamenting that fact - why couldn't this test have been the usual standardized format? At least then you wouldn't have to be so anxious about the result screwing with anything monumenta, like yours or anyone else's scoresl. But whatever, it's not like this test is the end of the world.

[SS]: which makes us a team. hopefully that means we'll get done faster haha

==> Stomp, get revenge
You don't know what that even means, because you are now a rodent, small, brown, and recently awakened. Your owner, the short-haired female, has just interrupted your nap - and now she's not even paying attention to you, and is instead typing away at her computer like she has better thing to do than scratch your chin. Which is highly unlikely.
In a bit of a huff, you leap down from your hammock, something she doesn't seem to notice. Unfortunately, you land on the slick cover of her second disc. Because it was already hanging slightly over the edge, you and the disc plummet down the short distance to the floor - luckily, neither you or the disc is damaged, and in an even more important turn of events, you realize Shay hasn't noticed the commotion.
So you scamper off, leaving the disc on the floor next to Shay - she'll notice it eventually.
Surely, this will have no consequences in the near future.
Sburb: Schooled RP Ehkz83

Back to top Go down

Post by MrCammaster4 Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:07 am

==> Become Pete again

You have returned to being Pete. You have decided to bring the shotgun to your desk while the program downloaded. You look at the disc case again. CLIENT is written in big letters at the top. You wonder what that could mean as Schoolchum notifies you up responses to the group chat. You set down the shogun part you were cleaning and pull up Schoolchum to see that it's has become quite active. Two people, one typing in teal and a very proper way and the other typing in red with censored curse words and raging about Schoolchum, have responded. You have to give it to the school for censoring the words in the chatbox. You decide to respond to the raging red text.

[PH]: Are you surprised  Its high school
[PH]: Hello to both of you btw

==> Consume deliciousness

Your older brother has brought you the pizza. You happily accept it the food. He asks you want you are doing and you reassure him that it is for school. He leaves satisfied. You look back to the computer and see the first person has responded again.

==> Respond to the lighter teal person

You eat a few slices of pizza before responding.

[PH]: Seems that way. How about one of those school intro type things  Name age fun fact. Itd help us be a better team if we knew who everyone was
[PH]: Im Pete. 16 years old and I love guns
MrCammaster4
MrCammaster4
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:56 pm

==> JACK : Reply

[PI] : aw fu(k are we seriously gonna be working together on this
[PI] : ****
[PI] : ok may as well tell the ****in truth i was probably given this as like
[PI] : some sort of horse**** joke on you guys cuz i dont give a **** about any of this school ****
[PI] : anyhow im jack  - the punk chick with the piercings
[PI] : idk maybe you guys saw me before but what the **** ever lets just get this crap over with
[PI] : got a ****in concert to get to later

==> JACK : CONTINUE BEING THE WORST STUDENT

You can do that.  You're good at that.  You're best at what you do worse, Kurt Cobain be damned.  Well, not really.  Anyhow.  You're pretty sure whatever fukken disc you picked up from the school is in your backpack somewhere.  You don't see any serious reason to hop to it or anything, so instead of offering anyone any serious help, you just pick up your guitar and start messing about on it, sitting on your amp and watching the text inevitably scroll by.  If somebody starts asking you shit, sure, you'll hop to it, but you're in no huge rush to do anything.  You've got a group, and that basically means to you that shits needn't be given cuz whoever the team dorkus is will take care of everything while you do things that actually mean jack shit to you.

You're probably not a very good classmate to have along, but then again, you really don't care.  If you gotta, you'll just stay up late and finish this whole dumb thing off half-assedly, whatever it happens to be. Somebody else can figure it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by CeruleanHeratic Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:12 am

==> Wesson: Respond.

After fiddling about with your stringed noise maker, you notice that you're doing little icebreaker type things. Wonderful. This won't be awkward at all. You set the Grape colored instrument aside, setting it up against the wall next to it's carrying case and you lean forward to type something, hoping this turns out well.

TN: Well then.
TN: My name is Wesson. I am sixteen human years old, and I'm basically a homeless boy wandering the country.
TN: I hope that clears something up.
CeruleanHeratic
CeruleanHeratic
Knight of Void

Back to top Go down

Post by MrCammaster4 Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:20 pm

==> Respond to Jack

[PH]: Jack huh. Weird name for a girl.
[PH]: Still. You could at least try to give a ****. Who knows? Maybe itll be fun.
[PH]: It looks sort of like a game. They could be testing knew team building exercises and video games will become mandatory in school.
[PH]; Thatd be pretty cool

==> Acknowledge your weak reasoning

You realize that your logic is pretty weak. "Mandatory video games in school?" Yeah, right. But still. The test could be fun because it wasn't an actual pencil and paper test. You think that Jack is simply overreacting to the test. It's not like it's the end of the world, right?

==> Respond to Wesson

[PH]: You dont go to our school?
[PH]: Why are you taking the test then?
MrCammaster4
MrCammaster4
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:03 am

==> Shay, return to computer

You stepped out for a second, skillfully avoiding the wrath of your mother by tossing your yogurt cup in the trash before she could start dogging you about picking up messes - which isn't really necessary, considering she passed on her extreme disdain for disorganization to you. But whatever. It's not that big of a deal, and you don't consider it one as you retake you place at the computer and - wow you've missed a few good lines of conversation; introductions were a good idea. At least now you know how you'll be dealing with.
You scroll through, noticing Jack's fiery red text - and you know her, but only vaguely. In fact, she's the same age as you. From what you've heard of her, she's not the most academically inclined - and not even in the usual way, but rather she just didn't seem to have an interest in school...as she'd stated in censored detail. You can't help but crack a half-smile, even if a tinge of worry for your possible grade does pass through your spine.
Next is Wesson, which is strange because of the fact, as PH - er, Pete - pointed out, he didn't appear to be apart of the school at all. His darker teal scholarship-grammar is also pretty impressive if he isn't regularly attending school. And cross country schooling means non-linear progression, considering the different requirements for each state's public school. Over all, his story is rather remarkable.

==> Shay: Respond

[SS]: hey jack! i think we're in the same grade. i'm not sure we had any classes together though...
[SS]: but pete is right. this shouldn't be that bad. it looks more like a game than a test, it might even be fun :)
[SS]: and wesson (mind if i call you wes?)..that doesn't clear anything up haha
[SS]: what's your story?
[SS]: oh! almost forgot. i'm shay, 17 and i like...

==> Shay: You can't make this cool

[SS]: um, marbles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:48 am

==> Jack : Revel in awe and intrigue at your apparent study group

"[TN] : I am sixteen human years old, and I'm basically a homeless boy wandering the country."

Yep, okay, if you had to pick out any individual for being Secretly An Alien From Outer Space, you found 'em.  Not that you believe in that crap, but seriously.

"[PH] : Jack huh. Weird name for a girl. "

...You have a feeling that you two aren't going to get along.  A feeling which manifests itself with you waggling a middle finger at the screen for a few seconds, rather than responding directly.

"[SS] : oh! almost forgot. i'm shay, 17 and i like...  um, marbles.

The team dork has been found!  Repeat : The team dork has been found.  If anyone's gonna pick up all the not-helping you're gonna do, it'll be them.  Great, at least you know who to send your not-even-half-assed, obviously-plagiarized work for a total do-over.

==> Jack : look over assignment

Okay, yeah.  On the other hand, you don't even have a worksheet or a handout or anything.  Just some disc with spirographs on it and a few programs.  Even you've got to admit that seems a little more interesting than the usual crap that you're used to barely woring on.  Hell, they don't even look like the usual preppy edutainment horseshit that you'd expect from public education.  You end up bullrushing everyone's fascination with the teal weirdo with your own observations.

[PI] : yo fu(k is it just me or is like
[PI] : everything on this fu(kin disc kinda cold
[PI] : like i mean usually this sh|t is all preppy wonderkid @sshole nonsense trying to fu(kin pretend we should be excited
[PI] : about fu(kin slaving away at meaningless sh|t that any fu(kin idiot with a few seconds on google could tell you
[PI] : but this sh|ts just like straight not fu(kin around
[PI] : not that im complaining cuz that edutainment bullsh|t makes me fu(kin puke
[PI] : also seriously ph fu(k you my name isn't weird

...Whoop, that wasn't passive-aggressive at all.  Whatever, you'll only hold your tongue if you're busy getting it pierced.  Which, you haven't yet, but not for lack of trying.

Back to top Go down

Post by MrCammaster4 Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:54 pm

==> Attempt to fix your mistake

You didn't think that saying her name was weird for a girl would offend Jack so much. You're simply used to it being for boys. You should really attempt to fix your mistake. You'll being doing this test with her for who knows how long and there's no point to have someone angry at you the entire time

[PH]: Sorry for saying your name was weird Jack
[PH]: But I agree that its bull**** for schools to have edutainment crap
[PH]: Attempting to bribe us by saying its a video game thats "fun"and "hip" is stupid

==> Be amused by Shay's hobby

You find it slightly amusing that Shay likes marbles. You thought that they had long since faded from popularity and never got into them yourself. The only tiny objects you were interested in were bullets, but no need to insult the girl.

[PH]: People still like marbles? I thought they kinda faded away. Do you play with them or what?

==> Check program download

You check back with the program download and see that the client disc has installed. Great. One step closer to being done.

==> Put shotgun back together

You put the shotgun back together and now have nothing to do except wonder what it meant by client. You decide to ask if anyone can figure it out.

[PH]: So do any of you guys know what to do? Ive got the client disc installed and I guess I need a server or something? Thats what I can assume from the server disc also being here
MrCammaster4
MrCammaster4
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by CeruleanHeratic Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:42 pm

==> Wesson: Respond

[PH]: You don't goto our school?

You suppose you could have explained better. Maybe it would have been too weird? It's weird for you, so you don't see why not. You guess you can do that now.

[TN]: Well, I actually do, technically. I take the classes online, due to my 'unique' circumstance. I must be doing something right if the district chose me for this exam. I don't mind if you call me Wes, SS. As for my story, I'm just a wanderer, and leave it at that.

==> Wesson: Check disc download.

You casually minimize the Schoolchum window to check on the disc installation's progress. Sixty Four percent. It's actually going faster than expected. Good, you suppose.
CeruleanHeratic
CeruleanHeratic
Knight of Void

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:06 am

==> Shay, check download progress

You are once again Shay, and that idea sounds just as good as any. You minimize Schoolchum for a moment before pulling up the download window - 98% complete, and the estimated time is switching frantically between 12 seconds and 12 days, as though it's not quite sure what the last 2% is capable of.
Still, if you had to give your best guesstimate, you'd probably say it'd be done in the next couple of minutes, depending on how spazzy your computer plans on being.
Oh, and speaking of "spazzy", you suppose you should see what your new team of students had to say in response to the whole "marble" thing - and really anything else they had to say in general. You won't admit it yet, but they all seem pretty interesting, which is a bigger bonus than you were expecting.

==> Shay: Respond to Memo

You read through Jack's messages first - and she's right. You glance down at the "Server" disc with a bit of inquisition before your eyes rove back over to the screen - it's not very scholarly. Where the district seems to try to hard to be "cool", the disc seems a bit plain, and it's lacking anything overtly cheesy.
Even Pete seems to agree, and you find yourself sort of disappointed with the game - it's obviously not originally designed for the school, and you have a new hunch that the game is a lot like Schoolchum - ripped and blatantly copied. You wonder just how thinly the school has stretched copyright laws for this game.
Before you can find time reply though, PH asks about the marbles, and you kinda feel like a dork - but it's not too late. You can save yourself from social suicide if you don't come off as hardcore about it as you actually are.

[SS]: haha it kinda has disappeared. but you can win some money in competitions and stuff. mostly i just collect rare ones though
[SS]: but yeah anyway this definitely doesn't look school-grade. i'm starting to think its a rip off another game like schoochum is a copy of pesterchum
[SS]: oh and that makes more sense wes

You then notice the latter part of Pete's message, and you nod to yourself - that makes sense. A server to a client.

[SS]: okay guys let's follow PH on this
[SS]: my server disc just finished downloading, so i'll start running it in a sec
[SS]: it says on the back of the disc that each disc is only good for one connection, so let's figure out who should "serve" and "client" who

Back to top Go down

Post by CeruleanHeratic Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:32 am

==> TN: Respond.

You read your new ally's text to find that their strategy is rather reasonable. Though she was right... These discs seemed to be a sort of mock up of something, and it rubs you the wrong way for whatever reason.

[TN]: I feel like that's a good plan. I also think that we can all agree on one thing. That these discs definitely aren't from the school. I don't know what it is, but it bothers me.
CeruleanHeratic
CeruleanHeratic
Knight of Void

Back to top Go down

Post by MrCammaster4 Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:00 pm

==> Ponder Wes

Online classes? You didn't even know that they offered online classes at your school. You wonder if that would be any easier than going to school and consider asking Jeffery if you two could start living on the road. Your fingers began clicking away at the keyboard, asking about what online classes were like, but you stop. This is not the time for such trivial matters. You delete your message and respond with something else.

[PH]: Online classes huh? Interesting. Im surprised I havent heard about you from teachers.

==> Respond to the others

You snicker slightly at the fact that the game and Schoolchum are direct copies, despite the school preaching the message of anti-plagiarism. When this test is over, you're going to have the perfect excuse to get out of getting in trouble for plagiarism.

[PH]: The scandal. The school is plagiarizing. Fire shall raze the land.
[PH]: Also, SS, the whole marble collection thing is actually pretty co. There's some neat stuff out there to collect.

==> Get down to business

You decide it's time to get to work. Despite not being one for school work, the idea of an unknown game is intriguing and you are eager to figure out what happens. You then decide to act like you are the leader and make the order.

[PH]: So SS is my server player. TN you server for SS and become Teal Team Six.
[PH]: PI you server for TN and Ill server for you.
[PH]: Let me guinea pig for a bit to see how the game works before getting everyone else in.

You are pleased with yourself with trying to organize everyone and taking the big leap into the unknown. You wait to see how everyone else responds.
MrCammaster4
MrCammaster4
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:59 pm

==>JACK : OBSERVE
With your guitar in your hands and a pick between your fingers, you're not exactly in a typing position anyways.  You're kinda just toolin' around on your guitar - though you're amused by the confirmation of your suspicions by the rest of your team-mates, it still doesn't really prove anything.   Of all the crap to jump up and shout 'conspiracy' over, this hardly seems like the right thing to get worked up over.  Hell, you're still more suspicious of the 'homeless' dude who somehow has the solidarity to take classes online.  And mysteriously get partnered up with students he's never met.  For a special test program that only your school seems to be up to.  Suspicious.

The team dork continues to be a bit of a dork, and somebody's under the suspicion that this whole thing is about choosing good students.  Well, you're here, so obviously they aren't looking for the brightest go-getters.

Wait, server?  what?  

==>JACK : BE THE WRENCH IN ALL PLANS.

[PI] : wait sh|t what
[PI] : dude i fu(kin lost like half the discs for this thing theres a server disc?
[PI] : fuuuuuuuuuu(k
[PI] : also can i fu(kin not connect to the super sketchy dude?  id rather pair up with marbles
[PI] : btw SS imma call you marbles now hope thats ok

Check it.  The worst student and group partner.  It's you.  Ta fuckin da.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:29 pm

==> Become Marbles
You have no idea what that means, but you're fairly certain that the suggestion is not literal. For seconds - fleeting, unimportant seconds - you contemplate the idea of being a marble...but that's stupid, so you don't let your mind ride that train of thought much further before you get your head in the game. No, you've got more important things to deal with. Specifically, at this very moment, your "Client" disc is firmly wedged into your grasp - a gash runs along the outer rim, from where you've rolled your chair over it.
You don't even remember leaving it prone on the floor, but it's too late to worry about that now. With a heavy sigh, you just have to hope that this development won't effect the game later on. In fact, you try to convince yourself it's fine. You're sure that this sort of thing happens all the time. All the time.
Nothing to worry about.
And, haha, look, the others have replied. Good. Heck, they don't even need to know you've gone and scratched your disc.
This is fine. Peachy.

==> Shay: Read and Respond
Your gaze slides down from Wes's comment to Pete's, the rainbow of blues melding into a consensus that it's probably time to get this show on the road. The game is sketchy, but you're glad that no one seems to be developing cold feet over the whole thing - if anything, PH seems ready to plunge into head on.
Relief spills down your spine as you read Jack's fiery admission, the blazing words confirming that you're not the only one to have been  a bit loose with school property.

[SS]: haha thanks PH :) and on that topic, PI, it's totally fine to call me that
[SS]: also, don't feel bad PI, i'm sure you'll find the disc! just try to re-trace your steps
[SS]: but speaking of server discs...PH, i'm going to try connecting with you
[SS]: by the way, i'm not really bias over who servers me, so whatever's easiest on everybody is great. :)

Back to top Go down

Post by CeruleanHeratic Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:43 pm

==> Wesson: Agree with SS

Reading one if your ally's text, you suppose she has a point, and it seems quite logical. It's what you'd do if you lost your disk. Luckily, you hadn't and didn't plan to any time soon.

[TN]: I'd take her advice if I were you. It seems like the best thing to do at the moment.
[TN]: Unless you have a better plan.
CeruleanHeratic
CeruleanHeratic
Knight of Void

Back to top Go down

Post by MrCammaster4 Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:36 pm

==> Bang your head on your desk

You hit you head on your desk. Dammit, PI.

[PH]: Minor setback. We could make it work.
[PH]: And no matter how you slice it youre going to have to connect with TN.
[PH]: The real question is do you want to watch him or him to watch you?

==> Respond to SS

Awesome. SS is going to connect to you soon. Then you can finally find out what was up with this strange game

[PH]: Sweet. Keep me posted
MrCammaster4
MrCammaster4
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:40 am

==> JACK : AGGRIVATE

Su-perb.  You get to pick between the dude you're not getting along with too well, and the dude you just super do not trust.  Still, you decide you've thrown enough of a fit, seeing as you still get to team up with the one person who isn't getting on your nerves.  Mostly got your own way there, you guess.

Doesn't mean you're happy with having to team up with TN, though.  ...Tee-en.  Tien?  Yeah, you're gonna call him Tien now.  That's his name, mostly because you weren't paying a whole lot of attention when he actually said his name, and this one at least lets you imagine him as a muscly anime triclops instead of a creeper.

Still, you've been asked to make a decision. Since you're apparently the least trusting of the guy and the most curious as to what his deal really is, you decide you'll server for him, instead of giving him control of your computer.

[PI] : uuuugh fine i guess ill server for tn
[PI] : and in the meantime
[PI] : ill look for the fu(kin disc i guess
[PI] : you guys get it started ill fu(kin check in once you guys figure sh!t out
[PI] : actually while we're at it did this come with like an instruction manual or anything
[PI] : because if it did
[PI] : totally lost that too

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down