Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

A Guide to Forum Pets

Go down

A Guide to Forum Pets Empty A Guide to Forum Pets

Post by ActuallyFace Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:12 pm

Alright, so, the information for how pets work is out there, but it's a bit scattered. Here is my attempt to reiterate that in a more organized, easy-to-find place!

A Guide to Forum Pets

What are Forum Pets?

Forum pets are those cute lil' pixel things that hang out on your profiles. They show up on the small profile that floats by every post you make, as well as on your actual profile page.

How the Frickle-Frackle Do I Obtain a Pet?

To get yourself a pet, check out the Pet Shops set up by other users! Here you'll find lists of pets people are offering. To purchase one, just leave a comment on that thread specifying which pet you'd like to purchase, and wait for an admin to swoop in to transfer points and put the pet on your profile.

I Want a Pet That Isn't Being Sold.

Easy! You may either make your own pet and let an admin know you want it added to your profile, or you can check out other pet shops. Some will do commissions!

How Do I Show Off More Than Two Pets?

Alright, hotshot, slow down.

If you've bought yourself more than two pets, which is TOTALLY a thing you can do, things get a bit more complicated.

The pets you have purchased will show up here, but you won't be able to swap out which ones are shown on your profile. If you want to change which ones are shown, PM an admin with the request, and they will make that happen for you!

Where Do the Points I Spend Go?

When you buy points from someone's pet shop, they go into that person's pool of points, no taxes or anything. It's like the actual economy, but better.

Can I Trade Pets?

Uhhh... That has yet to be added as a feature, but perhaps you will be able to, in the future!

How Do I Get More Points?

If you'd like more points, you can either enter the points raffle weekly, set up a Pet Shop, or simply post! Each post will get you one extra point, which isn't much, but it quickly adds up.

Double-posting and spamming is not allowed.

I Want to Set Up a Pet Shop!

Go for it! Just go to the Pet Shops sub-board and create a thread including all of the pets you are selling, their names, and how many points they cost.

Recommended for Shop Owners:

• Set up a way for people to ask for comissions, and set a base price (usually something between 400pts and 600pts).
  • Keep things organized in a list of categories and sub-categories on the first post in the thread.
  • Comment on the thread every time you add something new, and state what you've added!
  • Create limited-edition, upgradeable, and/or moving pets! This will heighten appeal for your pets, so you'll get more points.
ActuallyFace
ActuallyFace
Gritty Midget

Cancer Posts : 617
Boondollars : 20882
My Pet : TheChaotic1

http://actuallyface.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down