Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Fast times at Cantown High (Planning)

3 posters

Go down

Fast times at Cantown High (Planning) Empty Fast times at Cantown High (Planning)

Post by Trikeo Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:41 pm

First of all let me appologise for vanishing on you guys, emotional issues got too much and i had to go away but now im more or less sane and ready to begin some shennanigans! Unlike last time i have a actual plot ready and will be running it through forums, huzza! Now lets find out just what madness awaits the students of can high.

The school year has begun and once more the students of can town high return to thier neloved (if somewhat battered) cylindrical alma mater.

Its frankly a mericle that can high is still standing, surviving 5000 years of quadrant shennanigans, teen angst, sudden ironic dance offs and the dreaded pearent teacher lusus night, yet stand it dose.

You and your friends settle into your seats as the bell rings, ready to face all that the new year will bring, love, loss, drama, angst, serial killers and shennanigans aplenty.

WAIT WHATWAS THAT LAST ONE!?

Yes a dark presence is stalking the streets of can town, claiming victims and leaving little to know evidence behind. With the police baffled its up too our plucky band of rediculus teens to solve the mystery!.

Will they catch the hidden killler? Can they get a date for the prom? Will anyone ever listen to my repeated warnings about the stairs!?

And above all, when thier backs are aginst the wall who will they find standing with them?

DAH RULES.

This rp is set in can town some 5000 years into the NG era.
Players can be human, troll, carpacian or consort.
Cannon rules will be followed but as this takes place in a post cannon world ill be throwing a few curve balls ;)

Charecter sheets are the same as normal, with a few extra fields as you can see bellow. I need them all filled out for... reasones... ahhh mystery!

Full Name:
Age: 16 years old is the rough area im thinking of using
Physical appearance:
Handle:
Typing/speaking style:
text color:
Blood color:
Symbol: not as vital for humans or carpacians. Trolls and consorts make wide use of them though.
guardian/lusus/pearents: interspecies relationships are a thing (im looking at you mrs lalonde) but interbreeding isnt possible. So you can have a troll dad and a consort mom but you aint gonna be a half consort troll. Sorry.
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Fears/Insecurities:
Fave music genre:
Fave band:
Best classes:
Worst classes:
Hobbies:
Psiionics: nothing to fancy but im open to sugesstions
Captchalog:
Strife specibus:

Fill out the sheet, adjusting for species and ill let you know if your in, heres hoping to here from intrested peeps and thank you for reading :)

Last edited by Trikeo on Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trikeo
Trikeo
Plucky Tot

Boondollars : 15455

Back to top Go down

Fast times at Cantown High (Planning) Empty Re: Fast times at Cantown High (Planning)

Post by Derpy Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:23 pm

yo, welcome back! kinda wondered why you just poofed about a year ago. good to hear you're still alive, though! i'll admit i kinda assumed the worst. anywho, i'm applyin' for this. you might wanna add an unfilled version of the sheet to this. back in my ye olde days, we referred to them as "skellies."
god that's ages ago.

Full Name: Esecru Ugasni
Height & Weight: 6'2"
Physical appearance: https://i.servimg.com/u/f11/19/19/69/08/screen10.png
Handle: incarceratedOrigin
Theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJhgwxSTHDs ((You Are the Blood - Castanets))
Typing Quirk: ah speak in a scots accent! ((an' i replace th' letter "c" with "∞c|" as a reference tae mah god tier, but thas' unrelated.))
Blood color: Dark Blue
Symbol: two diagonal chain links
Lusus: Lizardad
Strengths: Stronk ((yet nowhere near mr. meatsweats, equius)), resistant to disease/poisons/venom/toxins, charisma ((aided by appearance, personality, and to some, blood status))
Weaknesses: Lack of depth perception, stubborness, slightly cloudy vision
Fears/Insecurities: She fears the ocean, for the seadwellers, the depth, and her inability to swim. She also fears the concept of nonexistence, and if it's brought up, will likely freak out.
Likes: Hunting, painting, birds, and the color teal. ((She has something of an initial bias in the favor of tealbloods because of this.))
Dislikes: Her own paintings, fucking up her own paintings because she's bad at it, large bodies of water, people that try to challenge her.
Fave music genre: She's not much of a music person. Likely anything celtic in nature, though. Maybe Irish Punk?
Fave band: Uh...
Best classes: Speech, Phys. Ed, Media ((mostly on-camera))
Worst classes: Any form of art.
Hobbies: Painting! But if you ever see it, she will threaten your life if you ever tell anybody. Also trying to help people.

Captchalog: Severance: you just cut the card off of a chain with bolt cutters.
Strife Specibus: Chainwhipkind
Psionic Power: She can makes eggs instantly hatch! ((No, she can't. She has no psionic powers.))
Derpy
Derpy
Scampermaster

Leo Posts : 516
Boondollars : 19105

Back to top Go down

Fast times at Cantown High (Planning) Empty Re: Fast times at Cantown High (Planning)

Post by Trikeo Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:47 am

I like the idea of her thinking she has psionics :)
Im gonna say yes on Esecru. Welcome aboard.

Ill post up a sjellie soon
Trikeo
Trikeo
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by cealvan Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:19 pm

Full Name: Alie Ellington
Height & Weight:5'2/130lbs
Physical appearance:
Fast times at Cantown High (Planning) Alie
Handle: CanorousCalamist
Typing style: while she spells everything right, and doesn't have much of an accent, she does tend to not always use all the necessary punctuation, and as such will use run-on sentences, and so, she often finds herself talking for a very long period of time without even taking a breath, which she can do, because she has a huge lung capacity from playing the trombone for a long period of time
text color: bronze
Symbol: a glissando
guardian: pops
Strengths: she is friendly, always happy, and in a few ways kinda childish, for example, she will occasionally be found skipping down the halls in school and collects stuffed animals. she is an excellent musician, especially with the trombone.
Weaknesses: she is physically weak, and when she tries to be social, she ends up making a fool of herself, especially when she is talking to a cute boy. she also has a bad habit getting into peoples personal space and doing things just to annoy others.
Fears/Insecurities:
she fears that she may abuse her trombone beyond playability.
She fears that she might one day she may be forced to do the same thing day in, and day out. She would much rather have a life of adventure, a life that changes day to day, the less set her schedule is, the happier she is.

she plays jazz and listens to jazz. her favorite artist is JJ Johnston, and she also enjoys Miles Davis.
Beyond music, she enjoys adventure and specifically the freedom which comes from it. Along with that, she enjoys things like hiking, camping, and will occasionally run away from home for a day or so to camp in the woods
Dislikes:
doing stuff just because other people are doing it. if she does something it will be because she wants to. she dislikes schedules, and she dislikes being told what to do
Fave music genre: JAZZ
Fave band: the Charleston chasers
Best classes: Band, English, history
Worst classes: math, science, PE
Hobbies: she plays the trombone, and will often spend free time at home, just improvising on it, or playing some of her favorite songs.
cealvan
cealvan
Fidgety Bopper

Boondollars : 15315

Back to top Go down

Post by Trikeo Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:06 pm

Three things, first alie is accepted, theres so much about that char i can use in... ways. SUCH WAYS!

Second here be trikeo showing the school uniforms, as per usual shes wearig both versions at once. The uniform is free to alter acording to quirk, taste or naknaknak but needs to be at least semirecogniseable https://imgur.com/7vJvdl7
Colors aceptable are black and white, with the only othe rcolor bieng reserved for symbols or other additions in defference to carpacian tradition.

Taken from phone hence the quality =_=

Third, here be the skelly!

Full Name:
Age: 16 years old is the rough area im thinking of using
Physical appearance:
Handle:
Typing/speaking style:
text color:
Symbol: not as vital for humans or carpacians. Trolls and consorts make wide use of them though.
guardian/lusus/pearents: interspecies relationships are a thing (im looking at you mrs lalonde) but interbreeding isnt possible. So you can have a troll dad and a consort mom but you aint gonna be a half consort troll. Sorry.
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Fears/Insecurities:
Fave music genre:
Fave band:
Best classes:
Worst classes:
Hobbies:
Trikeo
Trikeo
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:31 pm

that's a p good drawing, and the quality's really not that bad. i'd edit the main post to add the skelly up there so people don't have to hunt through posts.
Derpy
Derpy
Scampermaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Trikeo Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:21 pm

Irish punk?. I belive alestorm might be just the thing

https://youtu.be/JiyEP02KNZw
Trikeo
Trikeo
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:35 pm

i've heard alestorm before. i just can't think of any song or band specifically that she'd enjoy listening to.
Derpy
Derpy
Scampermaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Trikeo Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:14 am

Im working on some lore slash maps that ill post soonish and then we should be good to go, three players is enough for what ive got planned but if you know anyone else you think would enjoy anime shennanigans then show them in :)
Trikeo
Trikeo
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:52 pm

okiedokie, although people outside of this site i know that like homestuck are pretty fuckin' few and far between
Derpy
Derpy
Scampermaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cealvan Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:56 pm

i can find communities of Homestuck fans rather easily online, but irl, the closest i have met is my bro who introduced me but stopped reading during one of the big pauses and knows nothing of trickster mode, or anything afterward.
cealvan
cealvan
Fidgety Bopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:14 pm

yeah, same. i mean, i sit with the guy that re-introduced me to homestuck ((i was still in the beginning stages and quit because it dragged but he re-sparked my interest)) but i learned just today that he's not read in awhile, and in fact is farther behind than i am ((which, if you're cool for potential spoilers [the page itself doesn't have any story-related text] is in the middle of act 6 act 6 intermission 2))
Derpy
Derpy
Scampermaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Trikeo Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:33 pm

Dont worry if this is athree preson thing. As i said im more then ready to work with three, and knoladge of canon aint gonna be to much of a issue with the crazy stupid stuff thats gonna happane ;X
Trikeo
Trikeo
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:37 pm

i figured. if i could find my friend mia at all in my school anymore, i'd ask her, but due to different schedules and me literally leaving to go to another building halfway through the day, it's kinda hard.
Derpy
Derpy
Scampermaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Trikeo Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:11 pm

https://imgur.com/IYzjjI4

Can town in its splendor. The named districts are the old divisions made back when can town was founded, and while the races have mixed to the point where seeing a carpacian family in troll town isnt even notice worthy, your still expected ro keep the theme of your home matching the districts. At least on the outside.

The craters are left over from the moon-laser incedent of 5001 NG when shards of the moon smacked down to earth after it was permacresented in a new years celebration that got a little out of hand..

Mt.mount is a good example of why you dont name mountaines by commite...

There we have it. A rough overview of can town so that we can keep track of roughly whete things are.
Trikeo
Trikeo
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:22 pm

"trees and shit, possibly bears"
fuck dude i know where i'd go if i lived there
Derpy
Derpy
Scampermaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Trikeo Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:03 am

A little world building before we begin. The following is general knoladge and know by everybody, so unless your char is totaly socialy isolated theyll know all this by heart.

Trolls are a violent people, with fistfights and violent live action rp bieng common, however actual casualties from such activities are now rare.

Trolls use sopor slime as bedding, however this is due to preference rather then need and they are more then capable of getting a good nights sleep in a bed. Assuming they can get used to the weired feeling of dry sheets..

The current empress is a huge nerd, she got her crown after dethroning the last empress 3000 years ago in a epic rap battle.

Hieress hatchings are rare and seen as a sign that the current empress is doing more harm then good to troll society. A wise empress takes the hint and leaves after a token "fight" like the last empress, refusing to retire is a really bad sign..

The moon is now cresent shaped after the simualnativity celebration 17 years ago (cuernt date 5018 NG) when the carpacians blew a chunk out of it with a laser... dont ask...

Lord english, gamzee and Jack noir have become devil like figures in pop culture, but other then the occasional shitposting and angsty teen declaring them lord or somehing they have been mostly ignored.

Jakes ass is on tv so... so much..

Mutant bloods occur ocasionaly, physicaly normal but for thier inverted blood color. Thay are seen as agents of social change within troll culture and attract a little media attention.

Troll birth rate sare waaaaaaay lower then the previous universe, the need for fresh troops for the navy bieng he cause of thier forced drone based system. Drones still collect the genetic material, but mot providing is no longer a crime and the ammount required is significantly lower.

Ancestors are a thing, for humans and trolls alike. However the emphasis is less on copying them and more on knowing your heritage.

Carpacians make use of the barcode tatto for both security and identity purposes, getting yours is seen as a right of passage for young capacians.

Trikeo
Trikeo
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by cealvan Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:32 pm

so who wants to start?
cealvan
cealvan
Fidgety Bopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Trikeo Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:22 am

Ill be makig a start thread in the rp proper section today, got a intro and everything :)
Trikeo
Trikeo
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by Trikeo Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:26 am

https://homestuckrole-play.rpg-board.net/t2917-fast-times-at-cantown-high#37635

The rp thread, well use this as a talky thread. Ill post trikeos intro soon if i can. Net is a little spotty right now but forum rp dosent really need speed :)
Trikeo
Trikeo
Plucky Tot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down