Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Culture building Game (Interest Check)

+4
V.M.P.
Thebluemage
tlo
Vriska's Matesprit
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Culture building Game (Interest Check) - Page 2 Empty Re: Culture building Game (Interest Check)

Post by PerpetuallyAdroit Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:55 pm

Vriska's Matesprite
PerpetuallyAdroit
PerpetuallyAdroit
Moppet of Destiny

Capricorn Posts : 297
Boondollars : 17662

Back to top Go down

Culture building Game (Interest Check) - Page 2 Empty Re: Culture building Game (Interest Check)

Post by Monjaro Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:47 am

Should we do a vote on skipping Vriska so this thread doesn't die or are we all in agreeance that we should wait?
Monjaro
Monjaro
Scampermaster

Virgo Posts : 514
Boondollars : 19803

Back to top Go down

Post by Thebluemage Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:03 am

burdenKing is working on a culture post right now, actually.
Thebluemage
Thebluemage
Nipper Cadet

Taurus Posts : 189
Boondollars : 15725

Back to top Go down

Post by Monjaro Thu May 05, 2016 6:33 am

Bump
Monjaro
Monjaro
Scampermaster

Back to top Go down

Post by xPlaykey Thu May 05, 2016 9:00 am

Holy shit. I actually wanna play too. Yet i have to create a custom race for this. But it would be fucking awsome if i could participate. I always love these creation/evolution games. You are the destiny of your populus. Will you let them flourish, let them die ? Let them be allies and pacifist, or evil and ruthless warmongers. Heck im in if you count me in on this
xPlaykey
xPlaykey
Greentyke

Boondollars : 14556

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Thu May 05, 2016 9:05 am

Sure bro go ahead. Races are free to make first time around I believe so feel free
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Boondollars : 20466

Back to top Go down

Post by Monjaro Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:44 pm

been a whole month since the last post. so bumping both posts
Monjaro
Monjaro
Scampermaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Monjaro Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:03 am

Kudos V.M.P. for your latest post, Kudos.
Monjaro
Monjaro
Scampermaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:46 pm

Working on my respons epost now
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Boondollars : 20466

Back to top Go down

Post by V.M.P. Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:44 pm

Hey df, what kind of society are you planning for your race durring and beyond the tribal stage?
V.M.P.
V.M.P.

Slanty Red Text

Boondollars : 19342
My Pet : gamlam

Back to top Go down

Post by Monjaro Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:23 am

a mix of cast and house system in the being of separate groups laid out to do separate tasks like warrior caste, engineer caste, agricultural caste and scholar caste but with multiple houses in those castes that are controlled by a head house of their caste that respond to the highest caste which is yet to be named. think of the Tau in the instance of the caste system, i'm still working on the finer details but it is getting their.
Monjaro
Monjaro
Scampermaster

Back to top Go down

Post by V.M.P. Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:06 am

But the tau caste system works due to them having physiological differences that cause them to naturally specialize into their fields, and in a very large community of genetically similar people, personal interests and affinities deviate from the norm often.

So. You're been playing a race of natural hunters and have been sectioning them off since day one. I've been playing a bunch of naturally factional and specialization heavy dudes who have been very unified and militant.

If making puns about candy and positions wasn't so easy and fun I would have suggested jokingly that we switch.
V.M.P.
V.M.P.

Slanty Red Text

Back to top Go down

Post by Monjaro Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:46 am

Okay, I see your point. do you have a good idea on what I could do instead of the caste system? I was using it for the next step for the categories of workers for a way to unify and control larger groups. so, for example, a larger scale of what is happening with my group right now. warrior caste on the protection of all dreadion, scholar caste for the further knowledge to benefit all castes, engineer caste to provide the tools needed to advance each caste and the agricultural caste to supplies food and materials for the other castes. then at the panicle is the leading caste that will not make decisions but will choose from the ideas and recommendations of the other caste leaders to set a future path for the clan. well, that was what i was trying to get at but if you have a better idea I'm all ears for it.
Monjaro
Monjaro
Scampermaster

Back to top Go down

Post by V.M.P. Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:05 am

Dude you already compared it to the tau style you don't need to reiterate. anyway, the Indian caste system was enforced by religion to back it up, and the word caste would imply that your thing would be involved from birth. What if a warrior caste didn't want to be a fighter or wasn't good at it? What of those deficient in one facet of society but adept in another?

Though the easy answer is that these castes don't take from birth and only after they reach an age do they choose.

Still, the unity of the tau comes not from their castes, their castes is their efficiency. The unity of a people comes from a common goal, which can be achieved in many ways. Religion placing nobility at the head to decide a goal, pheromones, or charisma and fascism, inspiration by heroes and motivation and order through fear and hatred.

I suggest making a religion or art, I was mostly asking for pieces of culture rather than a structure. I'm not sure how bk does these things math wise beyond the rudimentary shit and if having such unity would influence anything, but it is good for flavor and justification for your dudes complying to a set work schedule. How are you justifying your set work schedule anyway? I'm using complete obedience to dictatorship via fisticuffs.
V.M.P.
V.M.P.

Slanty Red Text

Back to top Go down

Post by Monjaro Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:16 pm

OH, sorry. I didn't realize what you meant. maybe I can start to issue some sort of tenant to lay out rules for survival but at the moment they don't have much of a threat to evolve or to expand their mind on such goals. I'll think about how I can go about this but in the meantime thanks for helping me realize this much.
Monjaro
Monjaro
Scampermaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2