Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Tarot Stuck (Interest Check and discussion)

+8
paranoidArtisan
NightmareKeeper
thanatosGambit
DjDownes
friendlyJoker
PerpetuallyAdroit
timesrowKilling
Cardly
12 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tarot Stuck (Interest Check and discussion) Empty Tarot Stuck (Interest Check and discussion)

Post by DistantRed Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:49 am

Tarot cards are cards that are often used for games and fortune telling.
There are 22 cards that are considered "major arcana", and have unique character themes to them.

Homestuck bases character groups on a common theme (elements for humans, internet personalities for pre-scratch trolls, zodiac for post-scratch trolls, time for "leprechauns", passive/aggressive for cherubs, and many others I am most likely forgetting).

This session would have characters be based on the 22 major arcana.

Yes, 22 characters at least. Perhaps even more if there ever happens to be a scratch or two.

This session, being so large, should ideally jump-start this forum.

To prevent the session failing, if you are gone for 72 hours or so, we may allow your character(s) to be publically used.

-----------

FAQ:

Are we doing a troll session, a human session, mixed, fan races? How many of each? This is a matter up for discussion. :D

Can I use [insert character here] for this? Yes, but they have to fit the theme of the arcana (don't worry, arcana tends to be pretty broad).

Can I claim a space? You can, but not now, this is simply an interest check currently.

What if real life stuff stops me? Real-life happens, we understand. If you warn us ahead of time, we can extend the 72 hour wait period to as long as necessary. You can also just give up your character any time, if you feel it needed.

What if I return after the 72 hours? Then the character is once more yours! :)

Can I have more than one character? Yes, depending on how much interest there is, quite a few people MUST have multiple characters.

--------------------------------------------
Here is a list of the Major Arcana. Their specific challenges will be decided on by the character. If you want further clarification, please ask.

The Fool (FJ)
The Magician (DR)
The High Priestess (BK)
The Empress (DR)
The Emperor (DR)
The Hierophant (TG)
The Lovers (DR)
The Chariot (DJ)
Justice (FJ)
The Hermit (Cardly)
Wheel of Fortune (BK)
Strength (PA)
The Hanged Man (DR)
Death (TK)
Temperance
The Devil (paranoidArtisan)
The Tower (TG)
The Star (PA)
The Moon (DR)
The Sun (Cardly)
Judgement (TK)
The World (TK)

Last edited by DistantRed on Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:34 am; edited 8 times in total
DistantRed
DistantRed
Ectobiolobabysitter

Scorpio Posts : 725
Boondollars : 18652

Back to top Go down

Tarot Stuck (Interest Check and discussion) Empty Re: Tarot Stuck (Interest Check and discussion)

Post by Cardly Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:01 pm

I'm somewhat interested.
Cardly
Cardly
Dungeon Master

Boondollars : 20075
My Pet : Red Dragon Hatchling
My /Other/ Pet : Eridan Ampora Llama

Back to top Go down

Tarot Stuck (Interest Check and discussion) Empty Re: Tarot Stuck (Interest Check and discussion)

Post by timesrowKilling Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:33 pm

It sounds cool so I'm interested
timesrowKilling
timesrowKilling
Scurrywart

Cancer Posts : 699
Boondollars : 18514

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:53 pm

I show intense interest, though I don't know anything about tarots
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Boondollars : 20471

Back to top Go down

Post by DistantRed Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:38 pm

Don't worry. You won't need to know anything whatsoever about tarot. In fact, I think it's best if you didn't know about it at all. You pretty much only need to know your arcana pretty much and what it means, which I will tell.
DistantRed
DistantRed
Ectobiolobabysitter

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:48 am

you gonna hand them out?
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DistantRed Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:37 pm

Should I hand them out randomly or let you guys pick?
DistantRed
DistantRed
Ectobiolobabysitter

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:06 pm

I'm good with a random one, since it'll likely be easier for me XD
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by timesrowKilling Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:36 pm

Could I do the hanged man, death, judgement, or the devil If and when this starts?
timesrowKilling
timesrowKilling
Scurrywart

Back to top Go down

Post by DistantRed Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:44 am

I've chosen some randomly. (The post will be edited to reflect this.)

I'll give out two randomly to each for in case you guys want to have a re-roll, or trade, or some new people show up asking for spots.

@Cardly The Hermit and The Sun

- The Hermit: Trying hard to figure out what the "truth" is about someone or something, often alone, and almost always trying to do "the right thing", whatever that is. A keyword for this card is "introspection" (looking within).

- The Sun: You are going to find yourself feeling more free than you have in a LONG TIME. You are all about vitality, freedom, joy, and self-expression. A major challenge will be focusing on what is important. The keyword is "bright".

@TK Judgement and The World

- Judgement: You are quick to making decisions and judgements, and to be fair many are perhaps quick to pass judgement on you.

- The World: You are figuratively feeling the weight of the world on your shoulders, which is not an easy place to be. You've worked hard for something and are almost completed. Do not quit now.

@BK The High Priestess and Wheel of Fortune

- The High Priestess: You are in a phase where you are becoming much more attractive to others (perhaps physically, perhaps in other ways). You focus more on intuition than intellect.

- Wheel of Fortune: Things are changing many times for you and this change is pretty traumatic to you. This card is pretty much summed up with "this too shall pass". One moment you'll be on the top of the world, and the next you will be suffering.

I got The Magician and The Hanged Man

- The Magician: You have the power to make a difference, though it is quite uncertain whether you will use this power out of self-doubt. You are worried others will dislike "new you", and true, they may not.

- The Hanged Man: You are at crossroads of whether to do something. There is an attitude you need to let go of, and it will require sacrifice to do so.
DistantRed
DistantRed
Ectobiolobabysitter

Back to top Go down

Post by PerpetuallyAdroit Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:11 am

This seems interesting, definitely a cool theme. I'm interested.
PerpetuallyAdroit
PerpetuallyAdroit
Moppet of Destiny

Capricorn Posts : 297
Boondollars : 17667

Back to top Go down

Post by friendlyJoker Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:01 am

I ask for the fool or the tower if posible :-3
friendlyJoker
friendlyJoker
Garrulous Inkguzzler

Boondollars : 17926

Back to top Go down

Post by DistantRed Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:07 am

@PA The Star and Strength

- The Star: You are finding yourself rather inspired. You are more confident that your needs will be met and about the future in general. Though perhaps someone or something inside you is stopping you.

- Strength: You are struggling to focus on what you want to do versus what you don't want. You will have to conquer your fears, control your impulses, and/or keep patience with yourself. If this is done, you will have the ability to help achieve the highest good. Though you already have quite a bit to be gracious for, though are blind to it. Your main problem is keeping your head on straight.

@FJ The Fool and Justice

- The Fool: You are going through new beginnings, a fresh start, if you will. Perhaps you are hesitant to make this change for whatever reason. Anyways, you have the purity and energy of a child. Your main problem is looking where you are going. (note: as a good example, the art on the card is the fool walking off a cliff)

- Justice: You are often the one making decisions of others for what you consider fair, and often deal with the problems of others. This is quite taxing on you. You are struggling for fairness, balance, and harmony. Everything is karmic to you, so you often wonder whose fault things are quite often. You also perhaps feel that life itself is unjust currently.
DistantRed
DistantRed
Ectobiolobabysitter

Back to top Go down

Post by friendlyJoker Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:51 pm

so.....Kanaya then? xD
friendlyJoker
friendlyJoker
Garrulous Inkguzzler

Boondollars : 17926

Back to top Go down

Post by DistantRed Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:49 am

@FJ Pretty much. It'd be best if you tried to sort of ignore Kanaya while creating your character though. :/

I just updated FJ's and PA's spots.

Oh, and who would want extra characters besides what they have?
DistantRed
DistantRed
Ectobiolobabysitter

Back to top Go down

Post by timesrowKilling Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:17 pm

I wouldn't mind taking another card DR.
timesrowKilling
timesrowKilling
Scurrywart

Back to top Go down

Post by DistantRed Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:15 am

@TK Huh, I actually recall you wanting this one. Death.

- Death: This card isn't necessarily (or only) physical death. You will encounter something or are encountering something quite destructive which will control you. This will cause you to wallow in pain and/or sorrow. Obsessing over the problem will just make it much worse. Your problem will be learning to just "let go", whether or not that's actual dying.
DistantRed
DistantRed
Ectobiolobabysitter

Back to top Go down

Post by BurdenKing Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:14 pm

I know I have a romani themed troll that would be perfect for the priestess, but idk where the god damn mod splaced her
BurdenKing
BurdenKing
Head Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by timesrowKilling Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:57 pm

So DR would my character Joan work with the death arcana or would she work better as judgement?
timesrowKilling
timesrowKilling
Scurrywart

Back to top Go down

Post by DistantRed Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:22 am

@TK I know I told you "Death" on the chat, but I feel it's necessary to say it here anyways, just so I don't appear as if I'm ignoring you.
Moon.

- The Lovers (only one character though, so The Lover may be a better "translation"): First of all, it non-surprisingly symbolizes a romantic partnership. It also symbolizes duality (masculine/feminine, approach/avoidance, etc.). It also states that the mind and the heart might be against each other.

- The Moon: Things and people seem confusing to you. You struggle with this and often try to force people to do things before they are ready. You are possibly the last to ever trust somebody, even somebody you know well. You are also QUITE suspicious over many things.

There are 6 spots left open now. While we are waiting for more people, it may be a good time to make characters/decide what character you want to use.

I think it would also be good to say that the Emperor will be a Lord (perhaps a cherub) of something, and the Empress will be a Muse (also, perhaps a cherub).

The Emperor and Empress should be owned by different people, and if nobody wants them, I will take them.
DistantRed
DistantRed
Ectobiolobabysitter

Back to top Go down

Post by PerpetuallyAdroit Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:37 am

If we are creating characters should we post there clsspects here or do you not mind dupes?
PerpetuallyAdroit
PerpetuallyAdroit
Moppet of Destiny

Capricorn Posts : 297
Boondollars : 17667

Back to top Go down

Post by DistantRed Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:19 pm

Post them here. We need like 8-12 characters human and 8-12 troltrolls each to kinda work this.
DistantRed
DistantRed
Ectobiolobabysitter

Back to top Go down

Tarot Stuck (Interest Check and discussion) Empty Soul of Mind

Post by thanatosGambit Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:34 pm

I'm not sure if you acknowledge Soul as a class, but it's the most accurate one I have from Land of Bells and Celebration. I read tarot myself, so I'm 100% interested in this thread. What do I need to do to join up? I'm a human player named Jack Terntal
thanatosGambit
thanatosGambit
Greentyke

Virgo Posts : 18
Boondollars : 15467

Back to top Go down

Post by DistantRed Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:57 pm

Please, only canon classes and aspects.
DistantRed
DistantRed
Ectobiolobabysitter

Back to top Go down

Post by thanatosGambit Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:00 pm

NP. Heir of Mind it is
thanatosGambit
thanatosGambit
Greentyke

Virgo Posts : 18
Boondollars : 15467

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next