Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Finn Catcher

Go down

Finn Catcher Empty Finn Catcher

Post by roamingInk Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:51 am

Full Name: Finn Catcher
Height & Weight: 6"2, 170 Ibs
Birthdate: March 3rd

Physical appearance:
Finn is a tall young man, one whose build should make him horrifyingly lanky; after all, his limbs are rather thin, and his torso is just as long and skinny as his legs. In fact, he is very much like a crane in the way he's constructed, hardly comprised of any fat, and mainly held together by lean muscles and Caucasian skin that leans ever so slightly on the paler side of things.
However, he avoids appearing like an glorified spider due to the fact he has managed to put some definition in his arms and legs - alas, he still is very bird-like. His neck contains a prominent Adam's apple, and his hooked nose is thin. His jaw is defined, though narrow, and his eyes are emphasized by circular black-rimmed glasses, the thinness of the metal highlighting his average eyes by extenuating their piercing grey color. His black hair is lightly curly, kept short and out of his eyes while ghosting his forehead and playing along the tips of his ears before dipping down to the base of his neck.

Finn dresses, typically, in his khaki pants, dress shoes, along with a white collared shirt pressed beneath a blue sweater vest. He's a classy fellow, so of course his black tie is safely tucked under the collar before it retreats into the den of his sweater.

Personality:

Finn is sharp - in intelligence, in presentation, and in conversation. He is very clinical and attentive when thinking, and is extremely gifted in observation. This gives him a sort of...clipped means of communicating, where it sometimes appears as though he doesn't use any emotion at all - in fact, it's not a novelty for him to come off a bit like a computer; it's not even his trademark monotone voice, or even the way he carries himself in a stiff and controlled manner - it's his ability to make clean-cut decisions based on fact, not morals.

Finn is, beyond a doubt, incredibly stubborn. He often thinks things out so completely that he loses track of the ideas that other opinions matter at all - especially if those opinions are based on something as flimsy as 'emotion' or 'morals', which generally follow a line of thinking reminiscent of their fickle owner. He sees little need to change his behavior when he's obviously in the right, and so tries to convince others of that seemingly obvious fact as well.

Because Finn is very reality-oriented, he hardly likes to rely upon things such as 'hope', and avoids plans that lean heavily on if's. This makes him extremely pessimistic, because he often forgets that a key aspect of reality is the possibility of limitless potential; he sees black and white in a world of grey, which is one of his weaker points.

Finn has a very dark sense of humor - but because it's a rather hefty feat for him to have one at all, most let it slide. Dead-pan, he delivers his observations and ideas (no matter how ridiculous or immoral) with a certain kind of stealth that could be admired by even the most stoic of individuals.

Unsurprisingly, Finn isn't the best with emotions. He likes things to be explicitly stated - but what most understand is that this isn't a lack of empathy - it's a lack of sympathy. In all reality, Finn actually understands others fairly well, seeing as how most react the same way to sadness and anger as any other person. He's good at manipulation in this regard, but only for short periods of time as he relies on basic reaction, nothing deeper.

However, Finn isn't completely cold and heartless: he does value his friends. Which, he supposes, isn't much a leap from anyone else who gains a level of friendliness with others...what makes Finn different is that he is willing to break morals and altruism on the principle of protecting those he holds closest. Where most people might feel troubled when asked if they would save a great number of people or their friend, to Finn the answer is clear: the friend, in every case and measure.

He's also pretty caring, way deep down. But it's a deep ways down, and only the most patient and understanding of people can crack his extensive shell.

Handle: tacticalStrategist
Typing Quirk/Color: Finn types in a very eloquent, if short-stated, manner. His text is always grammatically correct, and it's a rarity for him to present a misspelling on-screen. He types in a grey
Eye color: Grey
Symbol:
Finn Catcher NeutralCenter
Guardian: Cousin Stu

Strengths:
> Analytical
> Manipulative
> Immoral
> Intelligent
> Flexible & Quick
Weaknesses:
> Underestimates other's intelligence, both friend and foe
> Overconfident
> Doesn't always understand illogical motivation
> Overly stubborn
Fears/Insecurities:
> ...Logically speaking, the dark/i] is ill-proven to feel anything resembling fear when it hides everything in it's clutches.
> Fears being unneeded, and though he'd never admit it, he might occasionally be worried he's lead others to make the wrong decisions.
> Astronomy has always been a helpful thing to enjoy...plus, space is cool.
Dislikes:
> Loud music, screaming, and in most cases, people.
> Being ignored.
> Being wrong.

Driving force: Protecting his friends, and - honestly - proving himself to be worthy of his own narcissism.
Hobbies: He likes stargazing, and has actually taken to making star maps throughout the year. He's not bad, actually.

God Tier Title: Prince of Breath
Land: Land of Night and Gale
Derse or Prospit: Derse
Strife Specibus: Telescopekind

Describe your character in three words: Overly Egotistic Genius

If your character were stranded on an island and could only bring two things with them, what would they be?:
"Frankly, it's unlikely I would ever find myself stranded to begin with; after all, with such things as lifeboats, international satellite tracking device, and the doubtless preparations I would have doubtless made, the probability of being stranded is somewhere between 'none' and also 'none'."

If your character could change anything about themselves, what would they change?:
"I can think of nothing in particular - after all, I'm nearly without fault as-is. To perfect anything else would be unfair to others."

Your character opens their fridge; what do they see?:
"...I can't exactly [i]explain
why the fridge is empty, but I admit there may or may not have been excessive amounts of pudding inside before my arrival. No, nothing's behind my back, why do you ask?
roamingInk
roamingInk
Juvesquirt

Boondollars : 16357

Back to top Go down

Finn Catcher Empty Re: Finn Catcher

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:36 pm

What a huge 8itch! i love him!

accepted! :)

Back to top Go down