Homestuck RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Train Race
by DistantRed Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:40 pm

» Late Christmas and New Years
by blueblazing Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am

» Introductions
by blueblazing Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:24 am

» a year later
by twistedMusician Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:11 pm

» An Old Admin Returns
by tlo Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:57 pm

» Garrbear's Pet Care
by DistantRed Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:05 am

» hey folks welcome back
by twistedMusician Mon May 11, 2020 2:21 am

» this place is a graveyard
by Derpy Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:28 pm

» RP for all times sake? Anyone alive? :P
by BurdenKing Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm

» session VIЯUS; 1/4 spots open!
by WestSpiderKing0270 Tue May 14, 2019 9:06 am

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 80 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Suggestions

+2
tlo
PerpetuallyAdroit
6 posters

Go down

Suggestions Empty Suggestions

Post by TheChaotic1 Wed May 20, 2015 3:46 am

In light of the random mess that just happened, I want to just say that the moderation staff really takes our players seriously, I don't know how many times someone made a good suggestion and I just implemented it on the spot, if there is anything you want changed or added to anything, be it adding "Consorts:" to player applications to removing the "What would your character do if trapped on a desert island", or even voting to make us ease up on our grading of fanclasses, we want to hear what you want from us. Start a discussion in the suggestions area, and if it gains momentum, I or Dex will create a thread with a vote. We have listened to every suggestion so far, please feel free to talk to us. Even if its something you feel isn't important.
TheChaotic1
TheChaotic1
Sepulchritude

Gemini Posts : 1329
Boondollars : 23785
My Pet : Blue Dragon Hatchling
My /Other/ Pet : EYES

Back to top Go down

Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions

Post by PerpetuallyAdroit Wed May 20, 2015 11:11 am

So uh, I know there was a lot of defence for the current OC submission system due to that whole mess that took place and maybe it is an inappropriate time to critique it. The current system works well and it certainly makes things easier and more organised as well as promoting an atmosphere of quality control on the site however I believe that maybe some additions could be made surrounding the centralised format to promote different types of OC submissions.

I have heard some people saying that the current templates seem a bit too difficult for their OC, sometimes due to the sheer specificness of the requirements and sometimes for the amount of detail required. Also I have seen that some people do not have a clear definition in mind for their OC because they do not have a chance to use their ideas in an RP environment without making their submission first.

Maybe by offering a greater variety of templates for OC submission or by having areas designed to receive more loose OC submissions that is more based around discussion and suggestions rather than raw approval. It would be nice to discuss these things just in case there is something that could be done that fits around the current system comfortably while also promoting these types of submissions.

PerpetuallyAdroit
PerpetuallyAdroit
Moppet of Destiny

Capricorn Posts : 297
Boondollars : 17772

Back to top Go down

Post by tlo Wed May 20, 2015 12:34 pm

So, different templates with the same endgoal but different was to put it, phrase it? Doesn't sound terrible to me.
tlo
tlo
Legacy Administrator

Scorpio Posts : 889
Boondollars : 20260
My Pet : I think she likes you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Wed May 20, 2015 1:08 pm

Eh, you'll get really nothing from me, I happen to like it the way it is. Covers the basics while still being in-depth and full.
Derpy
Derpy
Scampermaster

Leo Posts : 516
Boondollars : 19105

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChaotic1 Wed May 20, 2015 9:36 pm

I really cannot see how anyone wouldn't be able to come up with answers to the questions on the template, and anything that goes outside of normal answers can just go under other.

That said I do feel the current sheet is flawed, I just don't think we need multiple kinds.
TheChaotic1
TheChaotic1
Sepulchritude

Back to top Go down

Post by gemmaster22 Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:39 pm

I know i have been gone a while, And I noticed the new system for the trolls. But i noticed that before i left there was a huge gap in the times that the oc's awaiting approval would be checked, and when they were it was usually one or two at a time. you COULD open up an application form to find some one who come on all the time, or times when your not on, to check over the applications for ocs and other things. This would speed up approval rates for those who are waiting on their OC to start playing. More effective for people who are trying to get into a RP that wont wait for them maybe?
gemmaster22
gemmaster22
Plucky Tot

Leo Posts : 65
Boondollars : 17374

Back to top Go down

Post by TheChaotic1 Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:51 am

If someone wants to be a mod, we are always accepting applications.
TheChaotic1
TheChaotic1
Sepulchritude

Back to top Go down

Post by dexterousSurvivalist Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:58 pm

Could those that have unapproved characters send pms to mods or admins instead of bumping? I know its to get noticed and hopefully accepted on the spot. But other updated threads get the top spot followed by more until its lost. A reason I ask this is because most of us might be a little busy and it would be best to do so.

For yourself to be truly noticed. Send links in the pms to ALL admins and mods. If you want to know who is an admin or mod. You can look in the group section of the forum and select what group you want to see in order to get the usernames.
dexterousSurvivalist
dexterousSurvivalist
Admin

Aquarius Posts : 725
Boondollars : 23217

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down